Doctor in Dr.Vandana Kandpal
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr.Vandana KandpalYour feedback matters!
Travelling is a wonderful way to explore new places, cultures and even exciting cuisines. But before you reach your destination, it is essential to decide what you will eat before you begin travelling and while you are travelling. It is also important to know what foods you must avoid. This is because certain meals or snacks can upset your stomach easily or cause a feeling of heaviness, nausea, bloating or sluggishness. The key is to eat light, both before and during the journey. And, it is always better to carry fresh home-made food instead of eating out. Home-made food is always light.
So, read on to find out why you should carry home-made food while you are on the go, and what you can do to avoid uneasy feelings that can ruin your trip.
The Benefits Of Carrying Home-Made Food While You are Travelling-
- Very light: Home-made food is very light and can be digested very easily. Eating light is very important during travel, as no one wants to spend their time with an upset stomach or constant nausea breaks. If the travel duration is long, eat light for at least two days prior to the day of travel.
- Flexibility: Not only is the home food hygienic, but it also gives you the flexibility to eat whenever you feel like it. You don’t have to constantly look out for the next eating joint without having an option to choose one.
- Time-saving: A food break on a journey normally takes about 40 minutes to an hour and eating on the go can help reduce your anxiety while traveling. If there are kids who are bored and keep asking when shall we reach, this is a good way to keep them engaged.
- Cost-effective: It is a very well-known fact that carrying your food is cost-effective than eating outside.
Foods To Avoid Before Travelling
- Carbonated drinks – Sodas or beer can make you feel bloated and cause stomach pain while you travel.
- Salty and deep fried food – These kinds of foods make you feel excessively thirsty and bloated as they dehydrate your body. So, avoid sugar cereals, deep-fried snacks, salty chips, and breads.
- Coffee – Avoid drinking too much coffee as it can give you the feeling of frequent urination.
- Legumes and beans – These are well-known for causing gastric discomfort, and should be soaked overnight first before having them.
- High-fat foods – Stay away from cheese, cream, sausages, butter, and ham as they can lead to nausea or headaches.
- Others – Avoid alcohol, broccoli, cabbage, radish, turnips, peaches, apples, barley and rye as these can lead to the formation of gas.
Foods To Eat Before Travelling
- Foods rich in water – Cucumber, raw carrots, lettuce, celery, strawberries, pineapple, watermelon, and grapes are loaded with water and will keep you well-hydrated.
- Citrusy fruits – Eat fresh oranges, plums, different kinds of berries, kiwi and grapefruit to get your dose of vitamin C and antioxidants. These will also keep you hydrated.
- Sweet potatoes – These take time to break down in your gut and release energy slowly. Plus, they are loaded with essential vitamins, manganese, potassium, dietary fibers and have less fat and sodium.
- Buckwheat – You can have this instead of white rice, as buckwheat is high on antioxidants. It will reduce your stress level, boost immunity, and contains sufficient magnesium to make you feel relaxed.
- Avocados – Loaded with healthy fats, vitamin E, potassium and folic acid, avocados are very healthy and make for yummy dips and salads. You can have it with brown rice or oats.
- Others – Dry fruits, lean meats, brown rice, steel cut oats and coconut milk are some other foods you can have.
Meals To Eat While Travelling
Whatever you choose, make sure it should be light on the stomach, easy to pack, and also easy to open up and eat. Some of the options that you can consider are
- Fruits: You can keep fruits like bananas, oranges and apples handy. These are easy to carry and eat and are light on the stomach, which makes them a great snack.
- Dry fruits: When you are feeling down slightly, try munching on a couple of almonds or raisins and see your mood elate. They also provide instant energy. However, you should be careful, so as not to consume them in excess.
- Simple rolls: Roti rolls or wraps not only easy to pack but are tasty and convenient to eat when traveling. Make sure the vegetables are simple to digest like potato and tomato and there should be less spice and oil used, both for the roll and for the stuffing.
- Sandwiches: Carrying a box of whole wheat bread sandwiches, some with butter, and some with plain cucumber, tomato and onion with some mint spread are ideal to eat during travel. Sandwiches are easy to digest, pack and the combinations will give you variety as well.
- Other foods: Some other food options that you can go for are salads with healthy dressings, poha, idli, besan chila and upma, etc.
Stay healthy and fit so that you can enjoy your traveling with the required energy and enthusiasm. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Dear doctor, I am having pcod. I didn't get period from 4 months. I want to take treatment. Please suggest which is best homeopathy or allopathy or any other.
हमारे शरीर में कई तरह की बीमारियाँ होती रहती हैं. इनमें कुछ तो आसानी से ठीक हो जाती हैं वहीं कुछ बेहद मुश्किलें लाने वाली होती है. फेफड़ों में पानी का भरना भी गंभीर बीमारियों का ही लक्षण है. छाती के अंदर फेफड़े के चारों ओर पानी के जमाव को ही हम मेडिकल भाषा में ‘प्ल्यूरल इफ्यूजन’ या ‘हाइड्रोथोरेक्स’ के नाम से जानते हैं. लकिन जब पानी की जगह खून का जमाव होने लगता है तो इसे हम ‘हीमोथोरेक्स’ कहते हैं. यहाँ कई बार ‘लिम्फ’ नामक तरल पदार्थ का भी जमाव हो जाता तब इसे ‘काइलोथोरेक्स’ कहते हैं. आपको बता दें कि फेफड़े के ऊपरी सतह से रिसते पानी को सोखने की क्षमता होती है. इस वजह से पानी रिसने सोखने के बीच एक संतुलन बना रहता है. लकिन कई बार फेफड़े के ऊपरी सतह से पानी रिसने की मात्रा अचानक बहुत बढ़ जाती है तब यह सूक्ष्म संतुलन बिगड़ जाता है. इसलिए फेफड़े के चारों ओर छाती के अन्दर पानी या तरल पदार्थ इकट्ठा होने लगता है. हमारे यहाँ फेफड़ों में पानी भरने का सबसे अहम कारण है टीबी का इन्फेक्शन है. यदि समय रहते टीबी इन्फेक्शन वाले पीले पानी के जमाव को रोका नहीं गया तो फेफड़े के नष्ट होने के साथ गंभीर परिणाम भुगतने पड़ सकते हैं. आइए हम फेफड़ों में पानी भरने के कारणों पर विचार करें.
1. न्यूमोनिया के कारण
न्युमोनिया एक ऐसी बिमारी है जिसमें सांस लेने में समस्या आने लगती है. इसके पीछे के कारणों में भी छाती में पानी इकट्ठा होना हो सकता है. इसके कारण इकट्ठा हुआ पानी जल्दी मवाद यानी पस में परिवर्तित हो जाता है. जी कि बेहद गंभीर समस्या है.
2. कैंसर की वजह से
फेफड़ों में पानी भरने का अपने देश में मुख्य कारण कैंसर भी हो सकता है. छाती में कैंसर की वजह से पानी जमा होने में तीन तरह के कैंसर- फेफड़े, ब्रेस्ट का कैंसर और गिल्टी का कैंसर हो सकता है. जाहिर है कैंसर भी गंभीर बीमारी ही है.
3. ट्यूमर भी हो सकता है
कई मरीजों में ट्यूमर के कारण भी उनकेफे फेफड़ों में पानी भरने की समस्या देखी गई है. कुछ मरीजों में छाती के अन्दरूनी दीवार का ट्यूमर यानी मीजोथीलियोमा भी जिम्मेदार होता है. ट्यूमर की समस्या को ठीक से दूर करना बेहद आवश्यक है नहीं तो ये जानलेवा भी हो सकता है.
4. अन्य कारण भी हो सकते हैं
इन सभी कारणों के अलावा भी कई ऐसे कारण हो सकते हैं जिनकी वजह से फेफड़ों में पानी भरने की समस्या देखी जा सकती है. इनके अलावा दूसरे अन्य कारण भी छाती में पानी के जमाव के होते हैं जैसे जिगर की बीमारी यानी लिवर सिरोसिस, पेट में पानी यानी असाइटिस, या दिल की बीमारी.
5. फेफड़ों में पानी भरने के लक्षण
जब आपके फेफड़ों में पानी का भराव होता है तब इसके लक्षणों के रूप में बुखार जो पसीने के साथ प्रतिदिन शाम को तेज़ हो जाए, वज़न में गिरावट, सांस फूलना या सांस लेते वक्त छाती में दर्द होना,बलगम का आना, शरीर को हिलाने में छाती में गढ़ गढ़ की आवाज़ होना या फिर छाती में भारीपन का अहसास होने लगता है.
फेफड़े में इकट्ठे पानी को ऐसे ही छोड़ देना नुकसानदायक है. समय बीतते पानी के चारों ओर झिल्ली का निर्माण हो जाता है. यह झिल्ली एक तरफ तो पानी को सोखने नहीं देती है तो दूसरी तरफ निकट स्थित फेफड़े के हिस्से को दबाती है जिससे फेफड़े की कार्यप्रणाली में बाधा पड़ती है. कभी-कभी पानी मवाद यानी पस में परिवर्तित हो जाता है. कैंसर के मरीजों में छाती से पानी एक बार निकलवा देने के बावजूद भी बार बार पानी भर जाता है. इसके लिए ‘प्ल्यूरोडेसिस’ नामक विधि का सहारा लिया जाता है, जिसमें छाती के अन्दर एक विशेष दवा डाली जाती है जो छाती के अन्दर की दोनों दीवारों को आपस में चिपकाने में मदद करती है जिससे दुबारा पानी इकट्ठा होने की जगह ही रहे.
We do not have baby from 2 years. I went to doc. She did follicular tracking and notified me wen my healthy egg got ruptured. Dpo 5 to 7 I had stomach pain. I am with duphaston tab from my day 15 as per doc advice. Now in dpo 9. Will I b pregnant. I got creamy white discharge only once on day 19.Please suggest.
Awareness is the key to catch it early and reduce the risks associated.
- Scoliosis is an abnormal sideways curve in the spine. Normally the spine has a straight alignment when seen from the front or back. A sideways curve in the spine can develop due to a various reasons at different stages of growth. As the spine grows taller, there is a tendency for the curves to worsen and can become severe by the time the kid reaches skeletal maturity.
- The curve in the spine is associated with rotation of the spinal column to one side. As the ribs attached to the spine rotate along with it, it leads to a rib hump in the back on one side and prominence of chest wall in the front on the other side. A curve in the lower spine leads to asymmetry in the waist lines. It is usually the rib hump or asymmetrical waist line that brings the problem to notice, usually at a time when the kid is growing rapidly.
- Severe curves distort the chest cavity and reduce the space available for the lungs, thereby reducing the breathing capacity, especially if the scoliosis starts before 5 years of age (early onset scoliosis). This is known to significantly reduce life expectancy due to failure of lung and heart function over the years. In some with severe curves, the spinal cord function may get affected leading to progressive weakness in lower limbs and eventually loss of ability to walk. But the most common and important complaint with scoliosis is the cosmetic appearance and related problems. The social stigma and misconceptions associated with these deformities is often the reason for the parents not seeking medical opinion earlier. The child may suffer low confidence due to self perceived defective body image, affecting their performance in studies and sports.
- Common cause of scoliosis in infants and toddlers is a bony defect in the spine resulting in asymmetrical growth in both sides of the spine leading to a rapidly worsening curve (known as Congenital scoliosis). A bony defect during development of skeleton in the womb or during growth after birth is usually associated with birth defects in other systems like heart, kidneys and other bones and can be detected at or soon after birth. In some, it is a nerve or muscle disorder leading to muscle imbalance resulting in a curve in the spine (known as Neuromuscular scoliosis, for example: Poliomyelitis, cerebral palsy). But majority of scoliosis that is noticed in second decade of life has no known cause and is called Idiopathic scoliosis.
- Treatment options include serial observations, spinal braces, and surgical correction of the deformity depending on various factors in each individual patient.
- But the most important factor that may help reduce the severity of the problem is early detection and treatment. The risks involved in surgical correction of a severe curve are much more than in a smaller curve detected much earlier. Newer techniques like growing rods can be used in those with early onset scoliosis to prevent compromise of lung and heart function while allowing the spine to grow in a better alignment. Consult a Spine specialist if you notice any suspicious curve / asymmetry in the back in your kid.
There are number of sexual diseases known nowadays and flaxseed is very beneficial for curing these sexual disorders in both men and women.Flaxseed oil and seeds both offer number of sexual benefits in both men and women as well. Some of the sexual benefits offered by Flaxseed are listed below.
- It is beneficial for increasing libido:Testosterone, a natural sex hormone known in human body and regular use of flaxseed helps to increase testosterone thus resulting in increase of libido and other male sexual characteristics. Apart from these flax seeds also contains fatty acids, which are considered as the major building blocks for sex hormones.
- It promotes Male Fertility: Flaxseed oil is considered as one of the best supplement for promoting fertility. It contains L-Arginine which is very beneficial for promoting sperm counts. Flaxseed oils are useful for making sperm healthy.
- It improves Sexual Performance: Flaxseed Oil plays a major role in increasing blood flow to sexual organs thus promoting longer erections.
One of the things that we were always told about in school was the importance of hygiene. Washing our hands properly after eating, brushing our teeth twice a day, wearing clean clothes are just some practices we were taught. Our desire and need to maintain personal hygiene is one of the things that makes us human. Maintaining proper sexual hygiene is also important, as failure to do so can result in infections.
Additionally, poor sexual hygiene can result in you turning off your partner which will create an embarrassing situation for the both of you. Here are some tips that will help you have a healthy and happy sex life:
Dress fresh/ wash daily your undergarments
One of the foremost pieces of advice for member of both sexes is to always wear fresh and clean undergarments. You should always try and avoid wearing undergarments that are drenched in sweat. This can occur particularly after you work out; you just have to change out of your sweaty undies, even if the sweat has dried it can create a breeding ground for bacteria and make your private parts vulnerable to infection.
In addition, sweat can block the skin pores on your private parts, causing folliculitis, which are inflamed and infected hair follicles. Another important thing to keep in mind is that you should always leave a good amount of space for breathing room and ventilation. Men should avoid wearing tight underwear, particularly briefs (v-cut ones). You should switch to briefs or boxer shorts for more comfort. Also cotton is a far better choice than other synthetic materials, since it s comfortable and porous.
Don t hold nature's call
Whenever you feel the urge to relieve yourself, don t hold it in. Urinating helps clean out bacteria in the urinary tract. If you force yourself to delay urination, you allow bacteria growth.
While these are the very basics, here s a rundown on tips that are specific to the two genders in order to achieve better sexual hygiene:
Men s sexual parts are outside the body and thus it is imperative that it is kept clean. While having a bath, you should not ignore washing your penis. If you are uncircumcised, you should gently pull back your foreskin as far as possible without causing any discomfort, till the head of your penis reveals itself. You don t need to rub soap or anything else; instead you should just use lukewarm water to wash it. Only wash the head of the penis and don t even think of washing the urethra and/or urinary tract as you could damage it. Not washing this part will result in a build-up of smegma. Smegma which is white in colour is just dead skin cells and normally harmless. However, sufficient build up can cause irritation and infection.
Women have the added hassle of periods. When you are undergoing your menstrual cycle, change your tampons or sanitary pads every three to six hours, depending on your menstrual flow. Leaving a stale tampon or sanitary pad for a very long time encourages bacteria to grow causing infections and bad odour.
While menstruation cleans your urethra, uterus and vagina, it is important that you clean your vagina every day. The external part of the vagina, the labia needs to be cleaned only once a day. Wash your vagina mildly and gently with soap and warm water. For many women it is easy to over-do this washing; you should not go overboard with washing by vigorous flushing or douching your vagina with scents. This can be very harmful. Douching is known to affect the ph balance of vaginas and makes you prone to infections. Not washing the external part of the vagina would result in formation of smegma (yes, in women too!). When you are drying your private parts, avoid roughly rubbing it dry and instead try patting it dry.
Maintaining good sexual hygiene adds to the whole hygiene of your body. These tips will help you take care of your private parts better and live a healthier life.