Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vaishali Zamre
Submit a review for Dr. Vaishali ZamreYour feedback matters!
My uncle has diagnosed with periampullary duodenum carcinoma. And doctor suggested chemotherapy. I heard chemotherapy shortens the life. So my question is What's the survival rate sir? And what are the precautions to be taken. As he had been a prolonged tobacco chewer, but since one month, he has left everything. And doctor suggested nicotine patch.
I am 65 years Male divorced. I developed prostrate. After medication failed. Doctor suggests physical intercourse with professional. I refused on moral ground. Painful suffering I am under going. masturbation takes out 20% but remaining stays back and gets added up increasing the pain. If it is necessary I am ready to marry to get rid of the. But it is a great responsibility considering my age and risk of remaining few years left in my life. Please advise.
My husband has enlarged prostate. Now he is taking a brand of food supplement for it called" PROSTRASURE TABLET" From "GREEN LIFE HERBAL NETWORK LTD. Its active ingredient is "RAPE POLLEN" does it have any side effect on his sexual performance? Pls should he stop?
Hii my wife have right side breast tenderness is seen like tumor but not cancer I can seen the test CA15, 3 value is 5.64 normal m technician in lab what I do please help.
My one breast is small and other is little bit large I am worried abt breast cancer is it normal ya any think serious?
Uterine cancer is also known as endometrial cancer. It is a cancer which begins in the lining of the uterus. The uterus is the part of a woman's body where the fetus develops. Uterine cancer is one of those rare cancers in India, which can be diagnosed in its early stages. This is because excessive vaginal bleeding occurs, thus making it a very serious and an apparent symptom. It is also one of the few forms of cancer which can be cured as removing the uterus is often more than enough to cure the patient of uterine cancer.
Here are the causes, diagnosis and treatment of uterine cancer:
The exact cause of uterine cancer is not yet known, however, there is a theory on what causes uterine cancer. Hormones in a woman's body have been thought to increase the chances of getting uterine cancer. This is because it has long been thought that having high levels of estrogen is the cause of uterine cancer. Increased estrogen thickens the endometrium and thus, increases the likelihood of uterine cancer.
There are several tests used to diagnose whether you have uterine cancer including:
1. Pelvic exam: This is an examination in which the vagina, bladder, rectum and uterus are scanned for lumps. If they are found, it might be due to uterine cancer.
2. Pap test: A pap test is a special test designed to scan for uterine cancer.
3. Transvaginal ultrasound: A transvaginal ultrasound uses high-intensity sound waves so that pictures of the uterus can be taken.
4. Biopsy: During a biopsy, the doctor will remove tissue from the endometrium and it will then be analyzed for cancerous growths.
1. Surgery: This is the most common treatment as it removes the entire uterus and prevents the spreading of the cancer.
2. Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy involves giving drugs which kill cancerous cells. They are given through either an intravenous line or even in pill form.
3. Hormone therapy: This is a therapy in which either progesterone levels are increased or estrogen levels are decreased.
4. Radiation therapy: In this treatment, high energy laser beams are used to destroy cancerous cells. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.