Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Acupuncturists in India. You will find Acupuncturists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Acupuncturists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Usha SapraYour feedback matters!
How to put on weight? Even if I eat a lot or I don't eat at all I remain same. since 2years I m 40kg only.
Doctor, Im 23 years old. Weight about 60. Male. They say my BMI is too low. As I am a vegetarian what are the foods which boost my weight?
Hey! Iam 21 years old I just have a severe head ache from the last 3 days and due t this ache my body muscles gets crimped and it pains my whole body please suggest what to do?
I am 17 and I have been losing my weight very drastically and I feel weak and tired too. I am afraid that I would become too skinny. What should I do to prevent becoming too skinny?
I used to teach some students therefore to sit alot and my stomach come out. So how can I became fit.
Sir after ACL surgery in my legt knee my leg is now zero strength left cuz my quadriceps are completely vanished. Now I am walking with walker without touching the operated leg. I have zero control over my knee. It feels to be a 30kg bag hanging on my left leg. Sir pls suggest How can I regain my original strength n able 2 lift n walk by self. Hoe long time it will take. I am in a state of mental worries cuz I am a sports man. I was running 7 to 8 kms. Daily before this mishap. So can I able 2 back 2 track again if yes then within how many months.
I exercise at evening so after workout I eat dry fruits and after 15-20 min of that, I used to have dinner. So is it ok to have dry fruits before dinner.
I'm very thin and that makes me very sad and I get depressed. So I want solution to become fat. Also I want to know that which is good time to eat and be fit.
Actually my medications medications are going on through which I am gaining my weight fr some reason and I have allergy fr weight loss pill if you can predict me syrup fr weight loss it will be help full now aloevera juice nothing I have tried every thing even tell now I am gong to gym following diet.
I am Facing a problem in Increasing my weight. From last three years my weight is 54 kg. My age is 20. I regularly do exercise but it doesn't effect my body. I also Joined Jim for about 2 months but my weight didn't increase. What should I do to increase my weight?
Hi Doctors, I am suffering from typhoid fever, results of widal slide test are salmonella typhi "o" 1: 40 and "h" 1: 40, and as suggested by doctor I have followed medication like having antibiotics, my symptoms before treatment are headache, body pains, fever and loose motions twice a day. Currently I am taking medicine suggested by doctor and like all problems are lost except my digestive system is not working as earlier. Not able to have enough soft food feeling like vomiting but no vomiting. Can you please tell me typhoid cured in my body if not how is the recovery status.
Osteoporosis is a commonly experienced condition where the bones tend to get thin and become hollow over time. This is a condition that is experienced mostly by people who are over the age of 50 years, and even more commonly by women who have been through menopause. Other risk factors include smoking as well as medication which can lead to such degenerative diseases as a side effect.
Let us find out about living with osteoporosis and the many myths and facts surrounding the same:
- A Natural Part of Aging: This is a fact. While not everyone who ages will wind up with this condition, it is commonly experienced by patients who are growing old. One can resort to taking calcium supplements as well as plenty of Vitamin D in order to prevent the risk of fractures that are a common occurrence in such a condition where the bones become too hollow. Also, mild and moderate exercise will help the condition.
- Only Female Patients: This is a myth. While it is true that women form a major risk group when it comes to this condition, there are many men who also suffer from it. It has been demonstrated by various medical studies that one in every five men in the USA alone are prone to this condition. Furthermore, due to exercise, sports and other heavy manual work, young men are more likely to end up with a fractured bone than an aging woman.
- Worry only when you are Old: This is also a myth. One must remember that the major bone mass forms by the time a person hits the age of 18 to 20 years. This is the time when nutrition, exercise and lifestyles must be structured in a way that such troubles like osteoporosis will not follow you into the later years when your bones begin to age. Ample and strong bone mass nourished by proper habits, will help in preventing such conditions to a large extent.
- Fractures only happen if you Fall: This is another myth. It is important to keep in mind that living with a condition like osteoporosis means that you have to be vigilant at all times in your daily routine and other activities. Strain on the bones can also lead to fractures, and one does not necessarily have to fall down to get one. Leaning over too much can also lead to a fracture!
- You can feel the Degeneration: It is another myth that you can actually feel your bones getting weaker. Usually, there are no symptoms of this condition until it has progressed to a particularly painful stage in your life. The best way to find out if you are suffering from osteoporosis is by taking a bone density test.