Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Umesh Gupta
Submit a review for Dr. Umesh GuptaYour feedback matters!
33 yrs male. Multiple stones in kidney. Having this problem from last 14-15 yrs. Urinated many without medicines. Sometimes took homeopathic berberis vulgaris Q. But medicines did not work from last 3 years. Went through Lithotripsy in December 2014 for 15 mm stone. Now I have 2-4 stones in both kidneys size between 4-8 mm. I drink 3-4 ltr water in a day, but can not drink on daily basis. Feels moderate pain both side of stomach at times. Please suggest.
I am 21 years old male, I am suffering from back pain since last week .the pain comes backside of abdomen above hip. The pain occurs when bending forward and backwards. A small stone in my kidney was formed two months ago ,i have not removed the stone yet. Is that a reason for back pain or any other reason. Please let me know the reason for the pain and suggest me how to reduce or avoid the pain .is back pain a serious issue.
I am 25 year old male and my problem is that as soon as I drink water I have to go washroom within few minutes .I drink approximately 3 ltr water everyday but I urinate same amount of water. Its like that my body has stop accepting water and my tummy is also increasing like a balloon. Please suggest me some solution.
If you notice blood while urinating, you must consult a urologist to get a clear picture of the health issue. Blood in urine is known as hematuria in medical terms. Such a condition can occur in both men and women. It is a common condition and does not require the patient to panic. Rather immediate tests should be conducted to find out the cause of the blood and treated accordingly. Such conditions are very much treatable with a little care and vigilance following of the doctor’s advice. Here are some of the common causes of hematuria in individuals:
- Urine Infections: Urine infections are the common cause of blood in your urine. Most commonly these affect urinary bladder and rarely kidneys also. Prompt identification and treatment can easily revert this problem.
- Urinary Stones: Another major cause of hematuria, usually accompanied by pain in the abdomen.
- Enlarged Prostate: With an enlarged prostate, there can be blood flow with the urine. Rarely this may be a sign of cancer in the prostate.
- Exercise: This might come as a surprise for many of the fitness freaks. While exercises are needed for the body and rightly so; but exercises should be done in a certain limit. Heavy exercises, limitless and vigorous exercises can sometimes cause other health problems in the body. One such problem is the passing of blood in the urine.
- Medications: Quite interesting is the fact that long-term consumption of certain medicines might cause hematuria in individuals. Certain medicines like penicillin and aspirin are absorbed by the body to a certain extent. But overdose or the regular dosage might lead to further problems in the human body.
- Kidney Injury: A kidney injury is a form of internal injury which can be felt and manifested through signs and symptoms. Such injuries occur mostly to those who are in the field of sports. At times, a heavy punch, a hard training session, or an exhaustive fall might lead to kidney injuries. This, in turn, would cause hematuria.
- Tumors of Urinary Tract: Bleeding can occur from tumors arising from kidney, ureter, urinary bladder as well as urethra. These require timely detection and management. Early treatment leads to an excellent long-term outcome.
Thus, these are some of the common reasons for the development of blood in urine. However, it is a condition which can be best analyzed by the medical practitioner. Therefore, on the occasion of blood, you must get it tested and treated immediately.