Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pathologists in India. You will find Pathologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pathologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Uma Khanduri
Submit a review for Dr. Uma KhanduriYour feedback matters!
I have more fats on my stomach and my head and body is paining altimeter and feel restless now a days.
I have feel pain in my full body when I am wake up in the morning and it is regularly feeling every time, please suggests me the perfect treatment to free from this pain. Thanks.
Dealing with hip pain is a daunting task. The pain can affect even walking or sitting. While alleviating pain with pills and medication can keep off the suffering, strengthening the hips is crucial. Exercises are perfect means to stay off of hip pain. The following are some of the exercises that an individual suffering from hip pain can perform to seek relief.
- Lying March: This is an easy way to assuage the hip pain. Lie flat on your back. Choose a flat surface for this exercise. Bend your knees and keep your hands on the side. Stiffen your abdominal muscles, and raise one leg up to 4 inches. Hold in the position for a few seconds. Lower the leg slowly. Now do the same with the other leg. It is better to stay in this position for 30 seconds, and then move on to the other leg.
- Planks: Stand on all fours. Your back should be straight. Now, start with planks by raising one knee, and there should be no bending of the back. Stay in this position for 5 seconds. Then alternate the leg. Repeat at least 5 times. If you have been doing this for long and are confident, move to the advanced level. This involves raising one leg and opposite arm simultaneously. Stay in this position for 5 seconds. Then go back to all fours position.
- Marching on the Ball: Sit comfortably on the exercise ball. Keep your feet shoulder apart, flat on the ground. Your toes should be firm on the ground and slowly raise one heel. When you want to try an advanced level, you can raise the entire feet off the ground. Stay in this position for 10 to 15 seconds. Slowly bring the foot down and change to the other leg.
- Half Crunch on Ball: Sit straight on the exercise ball and keep your feet flat on the floor. Keep your arms crossed on the chest. You can also keep the arms on hips. Bend the hip and raise the toes to lean around 45 degrees back. Now, push your stomach muscles to get back to the original position. Your feet should not move during this process, only then your ab muscles and hip are strengthened.
- Workout for thighs: Often, it is only the affected area that we focus upon for pain relief. But one has to take care of the adjacent area too, if complete cure is what you are looking for. This is why exercising the thigh muscles is important. For this, lie on the side. Raise the leg, and try to reach a height of 6 inches. Hold for 3 to 4 seconds. Bring the leg down slowly. Repeat the same with the other side. Perform at least 3 sets of 10 repetitions. However, stop it immediately if you experience severe pain.
- Flexion: Lie flat on the back. Place the leg on the ground, and start bending it slowly. Wrap your arms around the leg. Shin area should be held. Slowly pull the leg to your chest. Stay in this position for 3 to 5 seconds. Do it 10 times. Now do the same with the alternate leg.
- Squeeze Knees: Start with rolling a soft towel. Stop when it comes to a cylindrical shape. Bend your knees as you lie back. The feet should be on the ground, and now place the towel between the knees. Squeeze the knees, and it should be hard enough to engage your butt muscles and thigh muscles in this action. Hold for 3 seconds. Release. Do again for 10 times.
When doing all these exercises, you need to be careful about two things. Always choose a flat surface to lie straight and stop immediately if you experience pain.