Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Tripti Sharan
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Tripti SharanYour feedback matters!
I am 33 years old. I am a woman. I have so much pain in my stomach in a periods. I am eating painkillers.
Used for dysentry, diarrhoea, febrile diarrhoea, amoebiasis, ibs (irritable bowel syndrome) etc.
Many brands of syrup based kutaj extract with bilav etc are available for use in infants, children also.
No side effects
Hi, I was rubbing my nipples while I noticed white milk like fluid coming out of it. Then I tried the same with other and it also discharged the same white fluid. And I would like to confirm that I have just ended with my menstruation cycle and I can't be pregnant. So is it severe issue?
My last LAMP is 10.01.17, my hcg level on 21.02.17 is 1624. But in TVS scan my doctor found only 2.6 mm sac and no fetal pole was observed. This is giving lot of tension to me pls suggest the best & chance of my pregnancy.
Allergic rhinitis is characterized by symptoms of a runny nose, congestion, itchy eyes and sneezing. This disorder is usually caused by allergens such as pollen and dust. Commonly known as hay fever, allergic rhinitis may exhibit the following symptoms:
The symptoms of allergic rhinitis are:
- You may experience a runny nose and congestion in the nose
- You may have allergic conjunctivitis where your eyes turn itchy and watery
- Persistent coughing
- Symptoms of sneezing
- Swelling may develop underneath the eyes
- You may have an itchy nose
- Constant signs of fatigue
Allergic rhinitis or hay fever causes the immune system to recognize certain airborne substances as harmful. The immune system in the body starts to form antibodies to combat these irritants. The antibodies cause the body to release “histamine”, a chemical that triggers the symptoms of allergic rhinitis.
The various triggers that may cause allergic rhinitis are:
- Dust mites
- Tree pollen
- Grass pollen
- Spoors from outdoor and indoor fungi
- Ragweed pollen
The treatment for this disorder is to avoid exposure to the triggers. Mild symptoms of this disorder may be treated with over-the-counter medications whereas severe symptoms may require prescription medications.
- Antihistamines: Antihistamines may be administered as pills or nasal sprays; these medications can help with itching and sneezing. Antihistamines help in limiting the effects of histamine in the body.
- Nasal corticosteroids: These prescription medications can help treat itching and inflammation in the nose. They are usually the first medications that are administered.
- Decongestants: Decongestants are over-the-counter medications that can be used to treat congestion in the nose. You should be careful not to overuse these medicines as they can increase blood pressure.
- Allergy shots: If medications do not relieve symptoms of allergic rhinitis, the doctor may prescribe allergy shots to treat the disorder. The injections contain allergens in small amounts which are injected over a period of time; this causes the body to get used to these allergens, resulting in a reduction of the symptoms. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am suffering from Tb since 2 months at present I am taking akurit 4. I want to say that my marriage is done recently. Can I do sex and indulge in sex activities with my partner. Is it ok will it harm me?
I am 29 years old and married on 2009 and get conceived but ectopic. I have pcos. One tube is removed and one tube is good by the test of hsg. I want to conceive. And also I am eating raw rice very frequently and I am addicted to it. I don't know to how to overcome this. I want to conceive.
The endocrine system is a major component of the human body which maintains and regulates secretion and the levels of hormones in our body. These hormonal balances and secretions are necessary for the proper functioning of the different cells of our body.
The major endocrine glands include the pituitary glands, the pineal gland, pancreas, testes, ovaries, thyroid gland, parathyroid gland, etc. and all the surgical procedures that are related to these organs are grouped under endocrine surgery. There are a few essential things one needs to know and understand about endocrine surgeries:
Why would you need an endocrine surgery?
The endocrine glands secrete various types of hormones that maintain the proper functioning of different cells of the body. Some hormones are essential for growth, some for maintaining blood glucose levels and proper metabolic rate and some for the growth of sex organs and sexual characters. Disruption in any such function indicates a problem with the endocrine glands.
Endocrine surgery is an uncommon specialty
There are approximately 200 active endocrine surgeons in the US and about 100 abroad. Due to many complexities in this field, there is still a huge scarcity of specialized surgeons and practitioners all over the world. As a result, bulks of such cases are operated by surgeons not specialized in this field of work. Such practices are still considered useful despite the fact that superior outcomes can be achieved if they are performed by specialists.
Procedures related to endocrine surgeries
There are various operative procedures carried out during an endocrine surgery. Depending upon the extent of damage of the endocrine glands and as per the requirements, the procedures may vary. Surgeries include the partial or total removal of the endocrine glands. In the case of thyroid surgeries, the patient is given general anesthesia, and an incision is made in front of the neck. After that, by dividing the muscles, the thyroid gland is cut out. Nowadays less invasive procedures are more commonly practiced.
What are some possible complexities of endocrine surgeries?
Despite the high success rates, there are always complications related to such surgeries. A few of such complications might even cost your life if not treated properly. In the case of thyroid surgeries, there might be occurrences of chest infections, heart problems, blood clotting and infections. Post surgery bleedings may occur and may result in a swollen throat. In some cases, there may be damages to the voice box and parathyroid glands too.
Are endocrine surgeries accessible and affordable?
Endocrine surgeries are specialized surgeries. Although such surgeries are performed by the non-specialists widely, the best results are yielded by the specialized practitioners only. The surgeries are affordable when done by the non-specialised surgeons, but while considering specialized surgeons, similar operations are much costlier due to the scarcity of medical professionals in that field.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hii I am years old I have lower back and stomach pain I am feeling very tired specially in morning headache these symptoms are pregnancy or periods can I take pregnancy test before 4 days of periods.
Heavy or prolonged bleeding during menses is medically known as 'menorrhagia'. It is more common as you approach menopause but can occur at any age. The bleeding has to be severe enough to interfere with your daily activities.
In advanced age cancer of the uterus or cervix has to be ruled out.
Symptoms of heavy periods
- Soaking a pad or tampon every 2-3 hrs or less in a day
- Passage large blood clots during menstruation
- Your period lasts more than seven days
- You become anemic due to excessive blood loss
How to manage excessive bleeding
- Maintain a record: Maintain a record of the no of days and pattern of heavy bleeding.
- Increase your intake of fluids and salt: You should increase your intake of fluids and especially salty fluids during heavy menstruation. You can have vegetable juices like tomato juice as well as salty broths during such times. This will help you especially when your blood volume goes down (which is characterized by dizziness or pounding of heart) when you get up after lying down. Your body would need more than four to six cups on such a day.
- Increase the intake of iron: Increase your iron intake through natural sources like green vegetables, egg yolks, red meat, liver and dried fruits like raisins and prunes. You can also start an iron tablet once a day for faster recovery from anemia.
- Visit your gynecologist: A good history, few blood tests, and a simple ultrasound generally leads to the diagnosis. Sometimes a biopsy is required to rule out cancer. Multiple new drugs have been added in the last few years which have avoided the need for surgery.
An early diagnosis ends up with better results. Hence, it is important to act early. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.