Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Alternative Medicine Specialists in India. You will find Alternative Medicine Specialists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Alternative Medicine Specialists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Sexual Therapy Treatment
Treatment of Rheumatic Complaints
Kora Method Slimming Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SunitaYour feedback matters!
I am a 30 yeras old man. I have checked my cholestrol and found 549 on fasting. Doctor told me that this is due to thyroid problem and started medicine. Now I have hip pain at night and early mouring. Is it due to thyroid problem or cholestrol. What can I do ?
Its been long since I am facing pimple and acne. Used many medicines went to many doctors still no relief. Help me.
I m having right side back head pain while coughing, bending, while sitting, While turning my head to right side. I m having TB meningitis history which caused tumor which was removed by surgery 12 years back please suggest me what to do?
WHAT ARE THE REASONS OF HIGH BP AND WHAT ARE THE GOOD MEDICINES FOR IT AND HOW TO CONTROL OF HIGH BP WITHOUT THE MEDICINES?
I am affected with syphilis and that time I was using a sex toy made of silicon. And I did not use it for 6 months because I was in treatment. After 6 months I used it once and thyroid away now I am worried that I get syphilis again. Please help me.
My son aged about 4 years suffering from high fever since yesterday with headache today he takes calpol syrup and novomix suspension but till now the fever doesn't cure and now he is Very weak now he is on bed please solve my issue thanks.
My hair is getting oily and itchy and pimples over it. For that I want to do head bath every half a day, it is very uneasy please suggest anything to control my problem.
I have hair fall from last one and half years and I have pimples on my face and my skin is very oily due to Sun my acne and pimples get increased dark spots left on my face.
I am 30 years please old man. From today I am having this throat pain and having body pain accompanied with fever. While coughing I am having this head pain as well. Please can u please suggest me the edifices that I should take and what must be the possible reason behind this unbearable pain. Please thank you and an early please response please would please be highly please appreciated.
Dementia is a disorder characterized by a decline in mental capabilities in a person. It is primarily caused by Alzheimer's disease but can also be caused by damage to the brain from an injury or a stroke. The cells of the brain fail to communicate with each other in dementia. People suffering from dementia have difficulties in taking part in regular activities as their mental functioning is impaired.
The major symptoms of dementia are problems in recalling, ineffective communication, inability to concentrate and impaired reasoning abilities. It may also affect the short-term memory of a person when he/she may be unable to keep track of his/her belongings. Dementia can be progressive where the symptoms gradually increase with age.
With age, the mind also goes through slowing. Being the control organ for all other organs, this leads to issues with thinking, cognition, communication, memory, etc. Dementia is a condition which is a combination of all these; it is not a disease per se, but a symptom complex.
- Alzheimer’s disease, a neurodegenerative process
- Brain injury (accidents, trauma, etc.)
- Huntington’s disease
Except in acute trauma cases, as a degenerative process, there are early symptoms of dementia which can be watched for. It is even possible to delay the progress of dementia by keeping an eye out for these symptoms.
- Recent memory loss: A person may not be able to recall what happened a couple of days prior but can clearly recollect events from the past. This may be gradual in onset and gets progressive. There could be difficulty in recollecting things like where the TV remote is, where the phone is, where the door keys are, etc. Some people could also ask for the same information repeatedly, as they are not able to retain information.
- Loss of learned behaviour: Things which were taught or learned like how to arrange things at the table, how to do basic things on the computer, organising medical kits, etc., might be forgotten. The person finds these more taxing than before and requires more help in doing them. Learning new tasks slowly becomes difficult too, as they find it difficult to get orderliness or process thinking in them.
- Mood changes: While depression with onset of dementia is very common, the person also could have drastic mood changes, which would be noticeable only to close family and friends
- Forgetting names: It is another major symptom. Whether it is of people or objects or animals, there is difficulty in recollecting names
- Personality alterations: Since dementia affects judgment and reasoning, a shy person could be seen to become outgoing gradually
- Difficulty following storylines: While most elderly people are adept at telling stories, those affected with dementia could be seen to be gradually losing track of the storylines. This could be true of their own storytelling or even television serials or movies.
- Repeating tasks: Given the short-term memory loss, they tend to repeat things which were just done, both in actions and words.
- Feeling lost: Recent memory loss also affects things like forgetting why they headed out, spacial disorientation, whether they had a snack or not, etc.
- Forgetting day to day things: Regular tasks like paying utility bills, reading newspaper or books, cooking up small dishes, tend to become difficult than they were. This is a combined effect of short-term memory loss and loss of orderliness. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.