Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Suchindra SachdevaYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Suchindra Sachdeva to be very helpful. Very best doctors & App
Nice doctor. I strongly recommend him.
Myth: Homeopathy is slow acting.
Fact: Its one of the biggest myth about Homeopathy. Incidently Homeopathy has gained whatever popularity it has gained by showing its efficacy in acute infections.History bears testimony to this, the epidemics of Influenza, plague, Dengue, cholera where Homeopathy has proven its efficacy beyond any doubt.
And interestingly in condtions which are considered incurable under other pathies if Homeopathy is able to cure those conditions then the statement Homeopathy acts slow holds no ground because in comparison to which pathy when others are unable to. The chronic and old diseases such as psoriasis take a long time to treat hence homeopathy has been labeled as slow acting. One may say that homeopathy may be slower than the effect of pain-killers, anti-inflammatory medicines and steroids. One must know that homeopathy is faster in the treatment of conditions such as allergy, asthma, eczema, migraine, arthritis.
Urticaria is an extremely common condition known by the names like nettle rash, hives, wheals etc. It is the most common allergic disorder. Patients react to certain foods, drugs and conditions in an abnormal way.
Urticarial lesions are itchy, red and raised areas of variable sizes, that often arise suddenly and last for few hours. Lesions may appear recurrently for years. In some patients, pressure can cause urticarial lesions. Writing on the skin with a blunt pointing thing can raise the skin within a few minutes in such a way that it can be read- it is called dermatographism. Foods like fish, prawn, crabs etc, drugs like aspirin, penicillin, opioid etc, certain insect bites etc. are known to cause urticaria.
Emotional factors can also precipitate urticaria. Urticaria can be:
- Acute- lasting for a while to few days, in response to some food, drug etc
- Chronic - recurrent attacks of severe urticaria, disabling the patient. Cause is generally unknown. Emotional factors may play a role.
Constitutional homeopathic treatment aims at relieving the problem in totality, especially where disease has been troubling for a very long time. As the treatment continues:
- Intensity and
- Duration of the episodes start declining and patient starts experiencing more freedom from disease.
Moreover, patient is able to tolerate food and conditions that use to aggravate him. And the added advantage is that general health also improves.
A migraine is a headache that causes a distinct pulsating pain, usually in one side of the head. It is different from normal headaches in the sense that the pain is much more intense and it may be accompanied by nausea or vomiting as well. Some patients have also complained about light sensitivity while others have also complained about pain in all areas of the head.
Some of the factors that separate a migraine from a normal headache are as follows:
While a headache may last at best a day, migraines may last longer, sometimes even up to 3 days.
- Feelings of nausea or actual vomiting
- Sensitivity to light
- Extreme sensitivity to changes in sound
Causes behind migraine
Some of the common and known causes, which may trigger migraines in people are:
- Hormonal changes in the body that may have adverse effects
- Dehydration is also known to trigger migraines
- Patients with hypoglycemia may also face migraines if the blood sugar level drops within their body
- 4 Change in air pressure due to change in altitude may also cause migraines to appear
- Lack of sleep
- Lifestyle issues such as smoking and excessive alcohol consumption.
The role of Homeopathy is to break the recurrence of the headaches and cure them completely.
For which we need to understand what allopathic pain killers do and what constitutional Homeopathic treatment do
With Constitutional Homeopathic Treatment the frequency, intensity and duration of migraine attacks goes down and the things which generally are able to precipitate migraine , if are not able to, then only it can be claimed to be cured.
The role of pain killers and antacids are basically to tide over the acute phase or provide comfort for the time being.
That is why the coming together of Allopathy, to control acute attack and Homeopathy, to cure it completely, will prove to be a new form of synthesis which will be a boon for the society.
Osteoarthritis (OA) is a degenerative disease that affects the various bone and joints health, leading to painful movement and thereby limiting the patient's mobility. Knees, hips, joints of hands and legs are affected.
Symptoms of OA
The symptoms revolve around the bones and joints including:
- Pain and stiffness of the joints
- Swelling of the joints
- Inability to form a clench
- Difficulty holding things
- Stooped posture
- Weakness of legs and hands
- Reduced height over time
Treatment options in allopathy are limited to nonsteroidal analgesics to control pain and in severe cases, surgical correction, in case of OA. However, homeopathy takes into account the triggering symptoms, the associated symptoms, and the status of the immune system before deciding on a treatment regimen.
With this holistic approach, homeopathy achieve the following:
- Reduce the pain, swelling and stiffness
- Slows the pace of further degeneration
- Improves mobility of the affected joint(s)
- Improves the body's overall immune system, thereby allow the body to promote healing on its own
- Homeopathic intervention in the early phases is particularly helpful, as it will arrest disease progression
- It also enable better absorption of minerals and nutrients essential for bone health. This allows healing of existing bone fractures and avoids further bone damage by strengthening the bones
- Homeopathic treatment also enables the body's chemical state to withstand stress and illnesses better
- It vitalizes the body's natural healing and ability to repair itself, to create a better state of health and well-being
Homeopathy For Osteoarthritis
Homeopathy is one of the most popular holistic systems of medicine. The selection of remedy is based upon the theory of individualization and symptoms similarity by using holistic approach. This is the only way through which a state of complete health can be regained by removing all the sign and symptoms from which the patient is suffering. The aim of homeopathy is not only to treat osteoarthritis but to address its underlying cause and individual susceptibility. As far as therapeutic medication is concerned, several well-proved remedies are available for osteoarthritis which can be selected on the basis of cause, location, sensation, modalities and extension of the complaints. For individualized remedy selection and treatment, the patient should consult a qualified homeopathic doctor in person.
There is no such thing as stone in the gall bladder. In fact, the bile normally produced in the liver is stored in the gall bladder; and due to changes in the physio-chemical composition of bile, cholestrol etc. is precipitated giving appearance of gallstones.
Gall stones may be:
- Solitary - size can be measured accurately.
- Few (countable) - Number and size of stones is measurable.
- Multiple - Number of stones may vary upto 200 or more, filling the gall bladder completely.
Size of the stones is generally difficult to measure but the size of the few larger stones can be monitored. Gallstones can be seen initially by Ultrasonography and their size and number can be monitored by subsequent Ultrasonograms at regular intervals, while the homeopathic treatment is continued.
Generally patients of gallstones can present as:
- Without any overt symptoms - gallstones discovered accidentally on routine ultrasonography. Severe colicky pain in epigastric area and right-sided below chest pain, with nausea, vomiting.
- Recurrent indigestion and acidity, in which ultrasonogram reveals gallstones.
HOMEOPATHIC APPROACH - Aim of homeopathic treatment is :
- To relieve the immediate sufferings - pain, vomiting.
- To relieve recurrent problem of acidity and indigestion.
- Dissolution of stones: which can be monitored by subsequent ultrasonogram done at 6 months interval.
Size and number (when few) of stones should be compared. The reduction in size and number is though slow but is sure to follow if the symptomatic improvement is there and treatment is continued.
The general medical opinion about gallstones is that there is no treatment available, only surgery is the answer. And in the name of surgery, gallbladder is removed fully instead of gallstones. But even after surgery, at times the indigestion and acidity, phantom pains and discomfort continue to bother the patient as the basic physio-chemical change in the bile remains uncorrected. Fully cured cases of gallstones, in which stones have dissolved completely and partially improved cases in which gallstones have reduced in size on subsequent ultrasonograms, negate the general belief. Thus, gallstones can be cured with homeopathy, provided treatment is continued and size of the stones is monitored by ultrasonography at regular intervals. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
HOMEOPATHY FOR MOTHER AND BABY
Homeopathy is a highly effective and safe system of medicine not only for would-be and expectant mothers but also for babies and children as well. Homeopathic treatment can prepare the would-be mothers body for a healthy start for the foetus. It is easy to administer and is devoid of any harmful side effects. This is the main reason for which women turn to homeopathy when morning sickness, cramps etc affects them in pre-natal period. Moreover the medicines have no nasty taste and easily acceptable to mothers and babies alike. Homeopathy works by stimulating the immune system, resolving problems from within. Homeopathy can provide useful help:
- Before conception
- During pregnancy (anti natal period)
- During childbirth (delivery time)
- After childbirth (post natal period)
The best preparation for a healthy pregnancy and childbirth is before the woman has conceived. Inability to conceive or other difficulties in conceiving are more or less because of some hormonal imbalance. This can often be helped by homeopathy. Tendency to early miscarriage or abortion also has underlying hormonal imbalance and here constitutional homeopathic treatment can make a big difference. Other illnesses hampering conception can also be handled well by homeopathy. Homeopathy heals very gently and deeply from within and can also help with the great sense of loss that accompanies a miscarriage.
During pregnancy (anti natal period)
Women often look towards homeopathy during pregnancy when they are suffering from morning sickness, tiredness and cramps and are looking for a solution that will not harm the unborn child. High blood pressure, oedema, potential diabetes etc can also be helped by homeopathy. During the pregnancy, homeopathy can help to tone the uterus and ensure that the labour and birth go smoothly.
During childbirth (delivery)
Lots of remedies are there to smoothen the delivery process and speed up the recovery process afterwards. There is help for the baby too, if any intervention should have been necessary soon after birth. Rigid os, retained placenta etc can also be helped by homeopathy.
After childbirth (post natal period)
With the arrival of the baby comes a different range of problems. Homeopathic treatment can be useful again when the mother is tired and low. Some babies cry a great deal, which can be very upsetting for the new mother. This can often be helped by homeopathic medicine, which can speed up the recovery from a traumatic birth and calm unsettled babies.
Breast milk is very rich in antibodies and protects the infant from a variety of diseases. Breast milk in the first week after delivery is thin and watery (colostrum) and is richest in antibodies. It should not be avoided on the pretext of not looking milk-like. Mothers who wish to breast-feed their infant are concerned to have a good plentiful milk supply. Homeopathy will help establish a good flow of breast milk and can help to protect the nipples from cracking and soreness. Homeopathy also has excellent and safe medicines for swollen and painful breasts, breast abscesses and other post-childbirth problems. Mild to severe depressions is not uncommon in post-childbirth period. Homeopathic medicines will quickly re-establish normal hormonal balance bringing joy to the mother. Homeopathy heals holistically from within and can help pacify the emotional distress, which accompanies a stillbirth.
Sometimes, a new baby can cause emotional or behavioral problems in older children who are finding it hard to accommodate to the demands a new-arrival makes on the mother and household. In such situations, homeopathy can help restore serenity and equilibrium of the distressed older child bringing peace to the whole family.
Homeopathy is safe, so it is ideal for babies with diarrhoea, nappy-rash, wind colic and sleeping problems. In teething babies, homeopathy can relieve most of their problems. For problems like atopic dermatitis, recurrent cough cold, bronchitis etc, constitutional homeopathic treatment is the best solution.
Homeopathy has remedies to comfort and support mother and baby as well as for all the childhood problems that may arise. Home prescribing can be very rewarding but for chronic conditions professional homeopath’s help should be sought.
Question: If Homeopathy is slow to act.
Answer: Its not True. Homeopathy acts fast in acute conditions such as infections, fever, diarrhea, etc. The chronic diseases such as psoriasis take a long time to treat hence homeopathy has been labeled as slow acting.
You may say that homeopathy may be slower than the effect of pain-killers, anti-inflammatory medicines and steroids. One must know that homeopathy is faster in the treatment of conditions such as allergy, asthma, eczema, migraine, arthritis.
Many theories and as many reasons are given, but in most of the cases, cause of stone formation in the kidneys is not clear. Biochemical dysfunction seems to be the only possible explanation. Stones generally develop very slowly. Tendency to stone formation may be hereditary.
Stones may vary in size from sand particles to large stone. Urinary stones may be present for many years and may give rise to no symptoms. When a stone obstructs the urinary passage, mild pain to severe renal colic occurs. There may be restlessness, sweating, pallor, vomiting, frequent urination, blood in urine etc during pain. Attack of pain may last few hours to few days, varying in severity time to time. In many cases, urinary infection is a common occurrence.
Homeopathic treatment plan comprises of:
- Ultrasonography at regular interval of three to four months to monitor
- The size of the stone and
- Movement of the stone along the urinary passage.
- Kidney function tests should be done to evaluate the function of kidneys.
- Urine examination may be helpful to treat the accompanying urinary infections.
- Parathyroid hormone essay and serum calcium level should be considered if the stone formation is recurrent.
- It is a well-known fact that some stones can pass naturally. But often they may cause severe pain and at times obstruction. But with homeopathic treatment, even moderate sized stone can pass absolutely painlessly.
- Though the use of painkillers and antispasmodics can relieve the pain and spasm, but in the process can actually hamper or suspend the onward and outward movement of the stone. With homeopathic treatment, body's natural reactions are stimulated that helps throw out the stone without much discomfort.
- At times, it is seen that with homeopathic treatment stones gradually dissolve into sand particle s and get eliminated from the urinary system without being aware of it. This can be monitored by subsequent Ultrasonograms watching the gradual reduction in the size of the stones.
- As stone formation is just a bye-product of body's biochemical dysfunction at deeper levels, only removal of the stone by natural or surgical means is not enough. Homeopathic treatment not only removes the stone, but can also modify the tendency to form stones by improving body's natural balance in general, and biochemical dysfunction in particular.
- In bilateral, multiple and recurrent stones, constitutional homeopathic treatment is far-more superior than surgery or any other therapy as it has the potential to help the body, not only throw the stone out but also improve the biochemical dysfunction to check the recurrence of stone formation.
- Surgery can be helpful only when the size of the stone is very large and causing damage to kidney by back- pressure. Even then, homeopathic treatment is of significant importance to improve the basic biochemical defects.
- Constitutional Homeopathic treatment can also help avert the complication of surgery.
- With constitutional homeopathic treatment, accompanying urinary infections are also relieved.
- AND, the added advantage is that with constitutional homeopathic treatment, general health also improves.
Dietary Restrictions :
- Large number of dietary "take and avoid" is known to the masses, but their role is doubtful. With good constitutional homeopathic treatment and proper monitoring by ultrasography, dietary restrictions are not mandatory.
- Increased amounts of fluid intake are advisable. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath and ask a free question.