Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Alternative Medicine Specialists in India. You will find Alternative Medicine Specialists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Alternative Medicine Specialists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Subhash Chand Jain
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Sexual Therapy Treatment
Treatment of Rheumatic Complaints
Kora Method Slimming Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Subhash Chand JainYour feedback matters!
Hi, A doctor suggested me to not eat chocolate and milk when I went for my acne treatment he also suggested report for PCOS. Though report was normal. Do I really have to leave these food items as dark chocolate is something I really like. What would you suggest.
Meri age 18 hai or mere chehre per muhase bhut ho rhe hai and masse bhi ho rhe hai inhe kese theek kru.
Recently my wife & parents cured with chikungunya, but still they feel pain in shoulders, legs & various other body parts. What is cure to get relief from this pain & have ability to work with ease as before?
I am suffering with severe dandruff and diffused hair fall from last 6 yrs. Discontinued minoxidil oil, when it increased the severity of hair fall, and used lot of keto based shampoos (selsul, scalp, ketomac) but of no use. Lost more than half hair. Kindly suggest for dandruff n hair fall.
I had dengue fever from last 1 week before. Now I am suffering dry skin on my hands. Why it is happening with me?
I am 19 years old, male. I am suffering with serious head ache daily. Kindly give me a solution for this.
4 Major Causes of Constipation in Children (+ 2 Ways To Handle It)
Constipation is a very common problem among toddlers and children. It takes place when the child's stool is dry, hard and unusually large, and the frequency of bowel movement is low and inconsistent. Although it is not a serious cause for concern, constipation in children should be recognised and treated early so that it does not develop into a chronic long-term ailment.
Constipation in children is seldom directly caused by any disease or medical disorder, which is known as idiopathic constipation and may be cause by a number of factors:
1. Diet: This is the primary cause of constipation in children. If the child's diet has low water and fibre content and heavily features sugar and processed foods, stool becomes hard and bowel movement gets restricted.
2. Deliberate Withholding: Often children may consciously avoid visiting the toilet, which may make them feel constipated. This may be due to embarrassment, especially in public spaces or they might be too engaged in playing to not go to the toilet, altogether. Some children do it out of fear when a previous toilet experience has been particularly painful.
3. Lack of Physical Activity: The digestive system is boosted through regular exercise. Lack of physical activity, thus, inhibits regular bowel movement.
4. Illness and Medication: Infections and illnesses, especially ones pertaining to the stomach cause the child to become constipated. Many medicines and supplements also affect the digestive system and can lead to constipation.
What are the ways to manage constipation in children?
Constipation in children is treated differently than in adults as their diets and patterns of bowel movement are dissimilar.
The primary treatments for constipation in children are:
1. Stool Softeners and Laxatives
The administration of bowel movement enhancing medication is the simplest way of treating constipation in children. There are various kinds of stool softeners and laxatives that are safe for children and must always be used under the supervision of a paediatrician.
2. Dietary Adjustment
Making changes to the child's diet by including high fibre foods (such as fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grain breads, cereals, etc.) can help cure constipation. Compelling the child to intake ample fluids in the form of water or milk is also necessary. Sugary drinks must be avoided.