Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sudeshna Biswas
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sudeshna BiswasYour feedback matters!
Always SEX Matters comes to my mind. I never sleep properly, I am feeling tension, stress unhappy everyday. Which I can not explain you. All day I feel, I do not live. My age is now 35 years. I am feeling lived 35000 years. Every day I pray to god to die. Life is west. Please help,
I feel fear for all to face my life. Drive bikes also. Sometimes I am the most nearest person in the world. I am so soft. I want to be live bold. How s it possible. Pls help me.
I do not have memory power well. Wht things to do the To remember the to develop well Suggest mee good things.
Sir, I AM 29. I have been suffering from epilepsy. NEITHER of my parents nor any genetic history of such related with me. First case of seizure took place on 10.03.2016. Then 29.04.16 and then on 6.09.16.in almost every cases I became unconscious for 6to 7 seconds. I went to a neurologists and he prescribed valprol300 twice daily and valprol once in morning. I also went to a neuropsyco and he prescribed nexito10 along with lonazep 10 along with the original medicines on 10.08 16. On 22nd february he prescribed nexito 20 in place of nexito10. He said to stop lonazep after taking 10 days medicine. I stopped lonazep on september. Now after being passed almost 6 month I feel better 70% than before. But from yesterday I feel mild tingling in my leg and hand. Is it any dangerous? I have a tendency to make worry about everything. Due to not having my first achieves job I sometimes felt depression. I have a 20 months baby. Before pregnancy I took several medicines and went through hormonal treatment. But at last I conceived naturally. Had that treatment any relation with my present problem? Will my problem totally cured? I am very tensed. Please advice me.
Doctor I have pain on my head and how I enjoy our life I am in depression maximum time please help me doctor.
Hi, Always I feel like getting some serious disease like Cancer or something more serious like heart attack. Last year I was diagnosed with "Pulmonary Tuberculosis" Three months back I have completed full nine months treatment. Always I fear like some things wrong is going to happen. Even a minor fever or skin rashes makes me anxious. I have visited many doctors but not getting assured. Please advice. Regards,
I am 28 year old I have a problem of high blood pressure My ear is ringing every time and I am loosing my memory day by day and also I am going to very much lazy and felling burden in my head What I do now please treat me.
Tell me homeopathy medicine for stress n headache. As I am having stress from three months. N due to this an unbearable headache I am having. Kindly reply me soon.
I suffered with ocd for cleaning .I spent 2-3 hrs in bathroom still not feel comfortable .always wash hand after coming from outside. .need behavioural solution.
Friendship is the fuel that keeps life interesting. Imagine a robotic life where you do not have anyone with whom you can chill or unwind at the end of the day. Friends are people with whom you can be yourself without having to worry about needs and requirements or judgements, at least most of the time. They are the layer that lies between your family and the rest of the world and provide you with a balance of sorts as far as insights, outsider perspective, advice for meeting challenges and unadulterated enjoyment go.
But many times, extreme shyness and an introvert nature can stop people from making friends easily. So how can you initiate friendships and keep them close? Here are a few tips!
- Understand Shyness: First of all, understand why you may be shy and how it makes your brain work. Shyness strips you of your security when you are faced with a new place or face. Also, it can lead to dismissive or avoidant behaviour, which keeps us from approaching people and learning more about them. Also, it keeps us anxious and preoccupied and makes us think that we will be met with rejection if we try to initiate friendship. Sounds vaguely familiar? Read on to know more.
- Eye Contact and First Impressions: The first way to initiate a new friendship is by making eye contact and following it up with a smile before the person in question averts his or her gaze. This is an unspoken language that is almost always answered similarly.
- Greeting: You can now approach the person and start by saying hello. It may be someone whom you have been seeing on your way to class or in the office cafeteria or even someone who lives in your building. So chances are, that this person would have noticed you too. Introduce yourself and ask for the person's name.
- Acknowledgement: Use the person's name often to show that you are acknowledging the friendship and ensuring that a bond begins to settle between the two of you from the word go. Offer to introduce this new friend to your other friends as further acknowledge of this new friendship.
- Information: In a new friendship, it is crucial to find common grounds without breaking the barriers of privacy. So ensure that you ask neutral questions about hobbies, family, education, work and other such issues without asking the when, where, what and how of things that might have to be explained by sharing personal details. In this way the person in front becomes more comfortable.
Be aware of the reasons that stop you and build your confidence when it comes to approaching people for friendship!
Have you been trying to have kids for a long time? Is inability and delay giving you sleepless nights? It is important to know that Stress alone is a major factor for infertility.
Can Stress Have an Effect on Your Fertility?
If your mind and body is under stress your body is signaled to release a hormone - Adrenalin. This is a stress relieving hormone and gives your body the rush to face the stress. This hormone inhibits the utilization of the hormone Progesterone, which is essential for fertility. Also during stress Prolactin, another hormone, is relapsed which also interferes with infertility. Hence to conceive its essential that your anxiety levels are under control.
Chronic Stress also decreases libido:
Chronic stress may cause lack of libido as well as a decrease in general fertility. This has become such a common issue that they have created a name for it Stress Induced Reproductive Dysfunction. These facts are very important to consider if you have been trying to conceive with no results. It also shows that stress relief should be a part of every couple's conception plan even if they are going through IVF.
Ways to reduce stress & improve fertility:
If you are having difficulty to conceive, it's imperative that you get fertility tests done and also evaluate your life. Look out for the stress points that may be hindering a relationship. Remember defeating the stress may be the solution to your worries.
Reduce stress in your life: The issues in your life may be work or result related. You need to learn to balance your personal and professional life. The sooner you do it the better; after all you are preparing yourself to welcome a new born in your life.
Change your reactions: Get a hang of the situation and react accordingly. Over reaction to a situation can harm your body and mind. Stop bothering so much about the future.
Let few things be the way they are: Stop getting bothered about people. Remember by nature everything will fall in place. Let few things be the way they are.
Make it your habit to reduce stress: Call it an obsession or a practice, train your mind to choose options where there is less stress.
Sleep well: A good rest is essential for a healthy mind and body. Meditate, do yoga or seek counseling. Go for facials if it sooths you.
Please note that if your fertility reports are normal, then it's just a matter of time. Give you, your partner and your body time. There are certain medical complications or disorders that can also be responsible for infertility. Be calm and composed so that you are able to face the rough waters clearly with your partner.
My girl friend is recently suffering from panic attacks. This has never happened to her before. She suffers from all the symptoms like breathlessness, fainting, body pain etc. We stay away from each other, i.e she lives alone and she is also a patient of Latent TB. She has fainted and frozen very often in last 5 days and hurt herself. She is 22 years old and is a student at sheffield. She even missed her exams yesterday. Doctors have been able to help much so far. But her family and myself are getting frightened at her abnormal reactions. What should be done in this situation?
I have habit of touching and turning my mustache hairs and got a block skin on that area. I can't able control my hand, every time my hand is going on my mustache hairs. When I realize that then I will leave my hand then again it is come to same position after sometime. Is there any way to overcome from this bad habit?
Dr. My mind is depressed I can not concentrated my studies Always thing any other things So please help me If any doctor here please give your personal number I will call.
I am 45 years old male and last 20 years take alcohol know last five year I am serious alcoholic (using about 400 ml alcohol per day) and after drink I forget every thing like how I come back home my doctor directed me to take one tablet pregabalin 50, Pexep CR (Paroxetine) 12.5.
Parents are always concerned about their child's physical health, but often ignore their mental health. Along with physical well-being, your child's mental well-being is also equally important.
The following are eight tips to improve your child's mental well-being:
- Adequate sleep: Sufficient amount of sleep is required for a child to stay mentally fit. Parents often engage their children with various classes and activities and compromise on their sleeping hours. This in turn affects the child's mental state. Therefore, as a parent, you must take care not to compromise on your child's sleeping hours.
- Allowing them to play: Nowadays, children are overburdened with studies and other learning activities. They do not get to play quite often. But as a parent, you must take care of your child's schedule, so that he/she can have proper playtime too. Playing involves physical activity as well as creativity in certain cases. This helps to improve mental health.
- Learning to share and care: You must take care to inculcate in your child the values of sharing and caring. These little things can also help improve your child's mental health. Learning how to share with others and caring for others will help them to stay happy.
- Regular exercise: Encouraging your child to regularly exercise will not only help improve his/her physical health, but also mental health. It will also help them to reduce stress and maintain a good mood as well.
- Listen to them: Parents often ignore when children are speaking on less important matters; may be about a new friend or a strict teacher in school. But as a parent, you must take out some time from your daily schedule to listen out to their stories. Listening to them attentively will make them feel important, increase their confidence and hence, improve their mental well-being.
- Encourage them to make friends: Encouraging your child to make new friends will help them to socialize better. They will feel confident about themselves and also open up. This can boost up their mental well-being.
- Good nourishment: Proper nourishment is not only essential for being physically fit, but also mentally fit. Good nourishment will help them stay healthy physically and increase their energy levels. This in turn will positively affect their mental health.
- Make them feel safe: Children need to feel safe in order to stay mentally fit. Try and spend some time with them every day. As a parent, always make your children realize that you are right beside them. Listen to their problems and help them find solutions to solve those instead of scolding them. Help them to relax and feel secure to stay mentally fit.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a the doctor and ask a free question.