Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shwetank Bansal
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Shwetank BansalYour feedback matters!
HELP NEEDED DESPERATELY My boyfriend, 18 years, is suffering since 9 months. These are the symptoms he describes. Different doctors have given different diagnoses such as Anxiety, Depression, Bipolar Disorder and borderline Personality Disorder. There is no improvement since all these months. We need help urgently, please tell us what you think doctors. Chronic Tingling sensation, all day fatigue, chronic weakness in legs, mood and thoughts change in minutes, yawning when fatigued, thoughts and images that are not reverent to what I am thinking, blurred vision and flashy lights 24 hours, no sex drive and chronic decrease in libido since last 1 and a half year, intrusive thoughts of hitting some one from my car once they were troubling me for 24 hours now they come n go, feelings of nerves in fingers, anger,extreme irritability, inflated ego always, spinning vision (once) chronic memory loss, strain remembering things, trouble concentrating, sometimes I think I will recover n I am recovering sometimes I think I will not recover ever and other negative thoughts, muscle twitches, pain in fingers or head, headache, weired thoughts like why are we like this with 2 hands 2 legs etc and other disturbing thoughts, brain fog, brain shocks or brain zaps without any withdrawal of a medication, chest tightness, thinking of first time I am seeing night, dreamlike state, spending,little bit of hallucination, I used to feel nervous excitement before all of this has started, not believing the medications and the doctor, constant feeling of getting misdiagnosed. I was diagnose with health anxiety and depression before took 2 medicine none of them work now diagnosed as bipolar disorder. Lazy,less motivation, pain in knee while stepping stairs ,low vitamin d low b 12 was founded but it got resolved, chest tightness, when I was diagnosed with anxiety and when the medicines were not working I made everyone believe that it is something else like bipolar which is more serious now these medicines (bipolar) are also not working n I think I have anxiety and depression which is in its most severe state n causing me these troubling symptoms. All of this started when I was in my hometown suddenly I felt like fainting n after that for some time my vision got dark which was fine the next day in morning that was the period of time when I used to think that I have hit someone from my car n I used to check again n again n used to seek reassurance and this was the time when I used to think of different ideas of business and used to tell my dad about my creative ideas one-two of them were copied. I always had less motivation but I used to do the things I loved very bravely as in driving for long road trips at a very small age I always used to feel that I am not sleepy everyone around used to get tired when I used to keep driving.
Sir when I wake up I feel to have body pain and tiredness daily is there any major diseases and how should I cure it.
We lost our 3days old baby recently. My wife is deeply suffered with negativity. We are at suburbs of kolkata. What should i do?
I am very angry person. Due to small things I always get angry very suddenly. I am very emotional peron also too. I always think lot about anything. Insufficient slip.
Sir, I am suffering from stammering since childhood age. Presently I am 27 years old and even suffering from severe stammering, due to which I am unable to find out suitable job for me. And In daily life stammering bothering me. I am in too much tension and need your help. Waiting for your reply hopefully.
Hi, I am 29 yrs old working in it. I have financial problems as well as family issues. I am not married. I am not able to sleep at night. My daily routine from few months is spoiled. I am getting sleep at 4 am or may be by 5 am. I use to wake up at 10 only. I am able to control my sleep. Please advice how could I can overcome this?
What is the best way I can stop over thinking about my psychological past so that I can stay calm, move on and then concentrate on my work to increase my productivity.?
I am one year married Our relation is not so good going We r not happy with each other I feel like m suffering from depression. Even I can't control my anger I use to hurt myself in anger Want to get rid of it. Plzz help.
I am alisha. 22 years old past one week I have some fear, and any time I am thing about my past problems. Why should I do?
Hi I am 22 years old. I am suffering from mental illness from last 1 year. My life has become hell. I am taking medicine. My story of depression is very unique and with different. Without any reason I got depressed and my mind thinking against me with incorrect psychological thought. I have tried to get rid of it but every time failed. Now I am getting well gradually after consulting many psychiatrist. Now I able to perceive the emotional view of others. The worst thing is my mind again started working against me & I am feeling heart burning and thus no interest to do anything. How can I cope up with my mind.
Who is not stressed? And who doesn’t want to be stress-free? Stress is good when you are suddenly faced with danger and the body primes itself by releasing stress hormones like Cortisol for the fight and flight response. But when you get stressed a million times for nothing in a mere 24 hours, you are harming yourself in more ways than one. The consequences of excess stress are deleterious on numerous systems in the body like:
- Digestive system and metabolic function which controls body weight
- Cardiovascular system
- Musculoskeletal system
- Nervous system
- Reproductive system
- Immune system
Excess stress can also impact our mental and emotional states and consequently our relationships. What’s more alarming is that even though stress is a contributing factor in a variety of ailments, its influence is easily overlooked. This means that you must seek help to even eliminate occasional nagging stress before it wears you down completely.
Ayurveda offers an abundance of building, nourishing qualities through our diets, our lifestyle, and our daily practices for reducing the ravages of stress on your body. These are some of the things Ayurveda prescribes for dulling stress
- Slowing down: Since stress hormones wear your body and vital systems down, slowing down to rest, recoup and rejuvenate is the best antidote to stress. Make sure to eliminate as many stressors from your life to cut down on impact of the cortisol bolt. Choosing to prioritize things like adequate rest and taking long slow walks, also help in slaying stress.
- Taking a bath: A bath, especially a warm one, relaxes the nervous system, releases tension, and helps to quiet the mind. You can add Epsom salts, essential oils like Lavender to calm, cleanse and relax your body-mind. 1/3 cup ginger powder and ⅓ cup baking soda added to the water increases healing. The ginger- baking soda combination encourages circulation, sweating, and detoxification, and is also quite soothing.
- Practising oil pulling: Gargling with warm sesame or coconut oil helps to remove tension from the jaw and removes natural toxins from the teeth, and gums. Just sip a tablespoon or two of coconut oil and swish it inside your mouth for up to twenty minutes. Spit out and rinse with warm water.
- Doing Abhyanga- Ayurvedic oil massage: This ancient practice of self-massage with nourishing oils like sesame oil, calms the nervous system, lubricates and rejuvenates the muscles, and promotes healthy circulation. In addition, the oil also forms a protective sheath around the body that can help buffer your nervous system against stress. All you have to do is to massage in ¼–½ cup warm oil into your skin before a shower.
- Practicing Nasya: Nasya is the Ayurvedic practice of applying medicated oil to the nasal passages. This reduces stress, soothes and promotes unobstructed breathing. It also ups mental clarity.
- Massaging your feet before sleeping: Before turning in apply some warm oils like Sesame, Brahmi or Bhringraj to ground your energy and soothe your nervous system. This also promotes sound sleep. If you sleep well, your stress levels will automatically come down. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.