Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shobha ChaddaYour feedback matters!
Bulimia Nervosa is an eating disorder which is marked by the tremendous compulsion to binge eat, and then adopt extreme measures to avoid putting on weight. It usually affects men and women of all ages. Bulimia Nervosa makes you extremely restless, when all you think about is how to undo the binge eating.
Signs that you are suffering from Bulimia
- You are unable to stop eating
- You consume food very secretively when nobody is around
- You eat till you almost feel sick
- You rarely eat normally; you either overeat, or you go on a fast
- You exercise vigorously after eating to burn off the calories
- You use a lot of laxatives, or enemas
- You try to vomit out the food you have consumed because you feel guilty
- You have a very poor image and perception about your own body.
- You have low self esteem, and you consider yourself to be worthless and unattractive
Physical signs of Bulimia Nervosa
- Scars on the knuckles or hands; from trying to run your finger down your throat to induce vomiting.
- Saggy and puffy cheeks
- Discolored teeth; from throwing up every time after you have binge eaten
- You experience very frequent fluctuations in weight
Risk factors with Bulimia Nervosa
Bulimia Nervosa is a very complex psychological issue, and the following factors tend to increase the risk of this disease:
- Gender - Women are more likely to suffer from bulimia than men.
- Age - Bulimia normally affects people in their late teens and early adulthood.
- Biology - Bulimia may also be linked genetically, with evidence that if you have close relatives with this disorder, you are more likely to suffer as well. Deficiency of the chemical serotonin in the brain might also play a leading role.
- Media and peer pressure - Media has this tendency to feature skinny models and this adversely affects the youth who tend to be guided by what the media projects.
- Sports or other artistic pressures - If you are an actor, or a dancer, there are higher chances of you suffering from Bulimia if you are encouraged to eat less and exercise a lot more to be in shape all the time.
Hello sir, Please help me which contraceptive pills will be safe for my wife without any side effects and how it should be taken?
IVF (In vitro fertilization)
In Vitro Fertilisation means Fertilisation “ in- glass that is fertilization outside the human body . It was initially developed for fertility in females who had blocked or unfunctional fallopian tubes. At present IVF is recommended to patients who are unable to conceive due to several other causes also.
We try to provide you with the utmost services :
Your initial consultation : It is an initial visit in which you open up with your doctor and know your doctor and the doctor knows you. A detailed history is taken of the couple.
Pretreatment preparation and planning management : This will include a detailed blood workup which will include your hormonal assays , a uterine assessment, semen analysis and other tests if required. We review the whole history and all the tests and then only a definitive management is planned for you.
Start of oral contraceptive pills : You will be put on oral contraceptive pills for a short span of two to four weeks if your cycle needs to be synchronized with that of an egg donor or surrogate . These help the ovaries to be cyst free and help in planning of your cycle.
Ovarian induction : The IVF cycle begins with ovarian stimulation with injectable hormones on a daily basis and serial ultrasound monitoring. A baseline ultrasound is done before starting the stimulation to assess egg production. The hormone levels will also be monitored . Once the follicles reach the optimal size , you are prepared for egg retrieval.
Visits : Prior to egg retrieval three to five visits are done in that IVF cycle.
Egg Maturation : An injection is given 34-36 hrs prior to egg retrieval.
Egg retrieval : It is a procedure done transvaginally under ultrasound guidance under short general anesthesia . You need to be six hrs. fasting prior to the procedure.A long thin needle is passed through the vagina in the ovary and the follicular fluid is aspirated .The follicular fluid is collected in test tubes under strict temperature control and immediately given to the embryologist in the embryology lab. The embryologist searches for the eggs .The eggs are rinsed counted and placed in an incubator . After few hrs , they are fertilized with the sperm either through IVF or through ICSI.
An anesthesiologist is there to give you pain relief and comfort during the procedure. Chances of injury during egg retrieval is extremely rare .Structures near the ovary such as bladder,bowel or blood vessels could possibly be damaged and may require further surgery. Minimal bleeding from ovaries might occur but the risk of transfusion is extremely rare. Infection during this procedure is also extremely rare. You will be discharged four hrs. after the procedure.
Embryo Assessment : During IVF embryos are assessed for 2-5 days in a temperature controlled incubator. The embryos are assessed and the day of transfer is determined between day 2-day 5 . We call you to update you about the embryos.
Embryo Transfer : Embryo is transferred back in the uterine cavity between day 2-day5 when it becomes multi celled /blastocyst . This requires no anesthesia and the female is happy to see her embryos being implanted in the cavity . We discuss the number of embryos and made and the number to be transferred so that you have the highest probability of success keeping in mind the risk of multiple birth associated with it. For embryo transfer you need to come on a full bladder and the procedure is done via an embryo catheter transferred vaginally under ultrasound guidance.
Pregnancy test : We schedule a pregnancy test 10-15 days after the transfer . If the first test is positive we repeat beta hcg repetitively every 48-72 hrs. and an obstetrical ultrasound is planned two weeks following the pregnancy test when we look for the no. of embryos and fetal cardiac activity.
Precocious puberty is a medical condition in which the process of a child turning into an adult i.e. puberty is initiated at an earlier stage than what is considered as normal. Certain characteristics like rapid growth of bones and muscles change the body structure, its ability to reproduce and manifest during puberty. If puberty is initiated before the age of 8 in girls and 9 in in case of boys, then it is a case of precocious puberty.
Studies to determine the actual cause as to why precocious puberty occurs have been inconclusive. In some cases, due medical conditions, such as hormonal disorders, brain abnormalities, brain tumor, and infections might cause precocious puberty. Generally medication is prescribed in such conditions to delay the process of puberty until later.
In case of girls, if you notice the below mentioned symptoms in a child who is about 8 years of age then it is a sign of precocious puberty:
- Breast Growth
- Menarche (First Period)
In case of boys if you notice the below mentioned symptoms in a child who is about 9 years of age then it is a sign of precocious puberty:
- Enlarged testicles and penis
- Facial hair
- Deepening voice
Also, there are few characteristics or traits which are common to both girls and boys and indicate precocious puberty if it occurs at an early age:
- Underarm hair or pubic hair
- Rapid growth
- Adult body odor
Precocious puberty might induce a few complications. A few have been stated below:
Short height: Children who are suffering from precocious puberty in many cases grow taller at a quicker rate at first. This generally causes such children to be of below average height when they enter adulthood. By early diagnosis and treatment of precocious puberty, such a situation could be avoided and the child in question would be taller than he/she would if they did not undergo treatment.
Social and emotional problems: Children who undergo puberty before their peers can end up being self-conscious about their body, which may result in low self-esteem or in extreme cases substance abuse.
Treatment of patients suffering from precocious puberty can be administered through medications like GnRH antagonist treatment. This is a monthly injection, which delays further development and has to be continued up to the point till normal puberty period sets in. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pediatrician.
I had conceived once a year back but miscarriage after 1 month n since then trying to convince again but not been able to. All my reports are normal but still not been able to conceive. Kindly suggest what next to do.
I have three children with my husband but the last one have gone up to 6 years but still there is no sign of pregnant! I want another one. I also have a problem because I could not satisfy my husband so please advice me what to do?
Hello doctor I am 7th month pregnant and my stomach have stretch mark and itching in stretch mark what I do for this?
Me and girlfriend were messing around today. We used condom all the while. It wS just a one point where we didn't use it. But there was no insertion in the vagina. She's a virgin also. I do not know if it was inserted a little or not. If it all it was inserted also. Just the tip of my penis would've been inserted. Later after an hour or so, she told me there was a little bleeding. Just two three drops. Then after an hour or so more she told me there was more bleeding, but along with a mucus kind of thing. I didn't ejaculate. Maybe I was just leaking of precum. We're afraid of what it could be. Could she be pregnant and lost her virginity as well? All this happened today itself. please respond quickly.
It is really important to enlighten yourself with the meaning of the word 'cannabis'. Cannabis Sativa is a kind of hemp plant from which you derive hash, hash oil and marijuana. Cannabis is popularly known by a litany of street names like weed, pot, grass, homegrown or even ganja. Tetrahydrocannabinol or THC is a chief chemical present in the plant. This chemical has the potential to alter the way you think, feel or work and hence there is a need to know its link with psychosis. Psychosis on the other hand aims to explain mental conditions felt by a person. In most cases a stark departure from reality is noticed which is usually the case after consuming cannabis as well.
Psychotic effects of Cannabis:
- Irregular sleep patterns: The effect of Marijuana or hash can upset your sleep patterns. A check has to be exercised therefore. It can make you feel too tired and exhausted to rest for long hours.
- Increased anxiety: Many times, the hemp plant has been found to play up with your coping skills. You might feel anxious at the drop of a hat. Anxiety takes a toll on mental peace and affects your physical health.
- Problem in thinking clearly: Under the effect of Cannabis, you tend to live in a parallel universe. Your mind makes up imaginary situations thinking it to be real. This muddles up your capability to think clearly.
- Lack of innovation: Continuous consumption of the drug can also make a person repetitive; you stop conceiving new ideas.
- Reduced confidence: Studies show how you can become very nervous due to the effects of cannabis.
- Reticence: Communication can be a problem if you have been using the plant for a long time. You tend to bottle up your emotions and also your fears.
- Paranoia and suspiciousness: You might even grow suspicious of people you trusted all along. Friends, relatives, parents are doubted. Obsession with the slightest of things is also a resultant effect.
- Delusions and Hallucinations: Being 'high' is a positive effect as it helps you to relax, but if unhindered it could lead to serious hallucinations. Your existence in a hallucinated world can even turn fatal in some cases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.
Klinefelter's syndrome is a medical condition in which a boy is born with an extra copy of the 'X' chromosome. Klinefelter's syndrome has an adverse effect on testicular growth and results in the formation of smaller than normal testicles. This affects the production of the sex hormone testosterone. It can also cause lower retention of muscle mass, facial or body hair and enlarged breast tissues. It is difficult for people who are diagnosed with Klinefelter's syndrome to father children because they produce little to no sperm and often has to resort to take help from assisted reproductive procedures to procreate.
Generally Klinefelter's syndrome is not diagnosed before adulthood because of the fact that there are few noticeable symptoms which might indicate Klinefelter's syndrome during infancy, childhood or adolescence period.
The few characteristics which might indicate the condition are listed below:
1. Development of weak muscles.
2. Taking above average time to develop basic motor skills.
3. Delaying in speaking.
4. The testicles haven't descended into the scrotum.
Boys and teenagers develop the following characteristics:
1. They tend to have longer leg and broader hips than their peers.
2. Onset of puberty is delayed or in some cases absent or incomplete.
3. After puberty, less muscular bodies and less facial and body hair compared with other teens
4. Smaller than average size of penis.
1. Klinefelter's syndrome occurs due to the occurrence of an extra 'X' chromosome in the cells instead of the normal combination on 'XY' chromosomes.
2. In some severe cases, there is the occurrence of more than one extra 'X' chromosome in each cell.
3. This is not inherited or a genetic condition. This occurs due to a random error during the formation of the egg , the sperm or post conception.
Diagnoses and Treatment:
1. Chromosome analysis and hormone testing are the two main ways to diagnose this condition.
2. Abnormal hormone levels present in blood and urine, might indicate Klinefelter's syndrome.
Early diagnosis and medication minimizes the effects of Klinefelter's syndrome. These include:
1. Testosterone replacement therapy. In treatment, testosterone is injected at regular intervals from the onset of puberty to ensure normal growth.
2. Patients also need educational support as well as speech therapy to overcome any barriers the patient is experiencing.
3. Removal of excess breast tissue and fertility treatment.
4. With the help of intracytoplasmic sperm injection, it is possible for patients with low sperm production to father children. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
18 Dec ko Mere Periods start hue 21 Dec ko periods khtm hue toh m apne boyfriend ke sath 22 ko Intimate hui or mere boyfriend ne condom use kra tha but ghr ane ke baad mujhe hlki hlki bleeding hui jo baad m thik ho gai thi. Uske baad 26 ko hm fir intimate hue condom use kra tha humne but ghr akr urine or bleeding mix hui thi 1st nd 2 drop mai but aaj phir hlki hlki bleeding hui meko ab meko bhat tension ho rhi h plzzzz aap help kriye.
I got married 4 months ago and I perform sex with my partner daily but I dnt wanna conceive now I had grown obese from 64 kg to now at 71 kg is this is becoz of sex everyday. Doctor pls help me with my health getting worse day by day pls help me with my weight and I have irregular periods.
I am 9 weeks pregnant but I am not ready for it please help me (as I work on cruise ship I was unable to do anything)
She has conceived last time and had miscarriage after 2 months. Later when tested she had thyroid stimulating hormone. After treatment now she is okay, and taking tablets continuously. After receiving advice, we tried once, and after the normal cycle after 2 days she got her periods. Kindly advise.
I am having irregular periods after one miscarriage of 3 month. Gaining weight and hairs falling and trying to conceive but not successful.
Laparoscopy, also known as keyhole surgery, is a type of surgery, which involves the usage of small tubes, surgical instruments and video cameras for operations through small incisions or cuts in your body. Though different people experience the surgery differently due to difference in health conditions, there are some points everyone should know about a laparoscopic surgery.
1. The problems that laparoscopy addresses
Conditions like ectopic pregnancy, endometriosis and pelvic inflammatory disorders are generally treated using laparoscopic surgery. Moreover, laparoscopy is also used to remove the gallbladder, appendix, patches of endometriosis or detect adhesions, fibroids and cysts. Also a biopsy of the organs inside the abdomen can be done through laparoscopy.
2. The duration of your stay in hospital
Usually performed on an outpatient basis (release on the same day as the surgery), a laparoscopic surgery may require you to stay overnight at the hospital if your condition requires a complex or lengthy surgery. Moreover, if the doctor feels that a bowel resection or partial bowel resection needs to be performed, you may have to stay at the hospital for a few days.
3. The preparation required pre-surgery
If you are going to have a laparoscopic surgery soon, ensure that you inform your doctor if you are taking any blood-thinners like aspirin or if you are allergic to any medications like anaesthesia. Moreover, let the doctor know if you are pregnant or planning to conceive. After giving all this information to the doctor, strictly follow all the instructions he/she gives you. Also, make sure that someone is available to drop you home after the surgery as you might be too weak or in too much pain to go back home by yourself.
4. Pain management post surgery
Laparoscopy is generally followed by a sore feeling around the cuts as well as shoulder pain. If the pain is unbearable you can ask for medication from your doctor or consider common analgesics. Recovery time for a laparoscopic surgery is only a few days, and to get through this period easily seek the help of a friend or family member to manage your medications and lift your spirits.
5. Restrictions you need to follow during the first couple of weeks
For the first couple of weeks after the surgery, your doctor might ask you to abstain from driving, tub bathing, swimming and having sexual intercourse. Make sure that you follow these rules and get adequate amount of sleep to ensure speedy recovery.