Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shewta GuptaYour feedback matters!
I am 61 years. I have lost the sense of smell and taste from past 3 months. Not able to relish food and eating without knowing hot/spicy/salty food. How can I revive my taste sensation? my left part of body has tingling numbness and pain on left upper arm. I have panic seizures when I feel cold and excessive sweating on brow and body trembles with fear. What's the allopathic or alternative cure for this malady.
Sir mere papa ke rightside jabade par sunnahat rahati h aur kabhi kabhi dard b hota h jiski tees kan tak marti h tatha kabi kabi to pure chehare par chunchunahat marti h ye samsya unko pichhale teen char mahine se h. Jiske liye humne unhe cancer specialist ko dikhaya tha to un k mutabik cancer ki sikayat nahi h aur unki medicine b karib do mahine kahai h fir uske bad humne unhe dentist and maxillofacial mds ko dikhaya to unhone nas ki problem batayi h aur bola h ki iske liye apko course k mutabik lambe smay tak medicine leni padegi lakin us se b aram nahi mil raha h. Isliye sir aap batayen ki hum kis tarah k doctors k pas dikhayen plz.
Dry mouth or Xerostomia is characterized by the drying of the mouth as a result of reduced saliva secretion. Secretion of an adequate amount of saliva helps in chewing & swallowing of food which in turn creates a healthy oral cavity. A recent study showed that women have more chances of getting a dry mouth as compared to men. If not diagnosed on time, dry mouth might lead to mouth infections, severe damage to the teeth enamel and gingivitis.
The symptoms of dry mouth include, but are not limited to:
- Craving for water in regular intervals.
- Swollen tongue.
- Dry eye.
- Significant trouble while swallowing, speaking or chewing along with disturbing bad breath.
- Severe headaches and formations of ulcers in the mouth
1. This condition might occur as a side effect of:
a. Other serious conditions such as GERD, Alzheimer's disease, HIV/AIDS etc.
b. Side effects of medical treatments such as chemotherapy and radiation therapy; this might result in significant damage to the salivary glands.
c. Side effects of drugs prescribed for diarrhea, nausea, asthma, obesity, depression, Parkinson's disease etc.
2. Abnormal consumption of marijuana, crystal methamphetamine and tobacco might cause dry mouth.
3. It can occur during pregnancy and breastfeeding, dry mouth can be a common occurrence because of acute dehydration.
4. Sleep apnea, snoring and breathing through your mouth instead of the nose on a daily basis might induce dry mouth.
5. Severe damage to the nerves might result in dry mouth conditions.
- A healthy amount of water consumption, about 3 liters every day, will help to keep the mouth wet.
- Application of toothpaste and mouthwashes containing fluoride twice a day will help to keep the mouth moist.
- You should change the dosages of medicines after consulting your doctor if Xerostomia is primarily occurring as a result of side effect of the drugs.
- Prescribed dosage of medicines such as "Pilocarpine" might induce increased saliva secretion.
- Try breathing through the nose instead of your mouth to avoid Xerostomia.