Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shallu Singhal
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shallu SinghalYour feedback matters!
My periods are not coming to 2 months. I am not pregnant too. Please guide me what to do now? Suggests me any tablet for periods.
Marriage is the union of not only two individuals but the coming together of their families and friends. Couples, be it an arranged marriage or a love marriage, have a number of things to consider and agree upon for their relationship to be successful. Although they talk about everything under the sun from children to house to finances, one subject that rarely receives much consideration is sex. Even if both partners have had sex with other people in the past and are sexually active in their current relationship, they shy away from discussing it with each other in most cases.
In recent times, many couples have opted to discuss the sexual aspect of their impending marriage with a sex counselor. The concept of pre-marital sexual counseling is at a nascent stage and is frowned and looked down upon by society as a whole. But it is almost imperative to not only educate couples about sex but also to make them aware of their and their partner’s sexual needs and preferences. The most important aspect of sexual counseling is effective communication resulting in sexual harmony. It also gives couples certain clarity as to what to expect 20 or 30 years down the line when both partners may have decreased libido.
Reasons why you should go for pre-marital sexual counseling:
- Misconceptions and Fears- There are many myths regarding sex such as masturbation is wrong or sexual penetration is painful. Sex education is not provided in schools and the lack of it creates a gap between knowledge and misinformation. Couples, especially women who will be engaging in sex for the first time, should not feel scared about the activity. Sex counseling can do away with all such misconceptions and clear the way for a satisfying sexual experience.
- Awareness- Often couples fail to communicate properly about their desires and fantasies surrounding sex. Therefore, talking in front of a sex counselor may help a couple discuss everything about sex ranging from sexual frequency to compatibility. You can have an open dialogue with your partner regarding sex and also talk about your likes and dislikes concerning foreplay, orgasm and other key parts of sexual intercourse.
- Pregnancy Planning- Women often get confused when it comes to their menstrual cycle and pregnancy. This confusion might result in unprotected sex. It's important to know the nitty-gritty of your ovulation and the functions of contraceptives to plan your pregnancy in a manner so that you are prepared physically, emotionally, mentally and financially. A sex counselor is able to enlighten couples about this part as well.
- Information about STDs- Many couples do not have the basic understanding of HIV/AIDS or other sexually transmitted diseases (STDs). They also do not know how to use a condom properly, thereby resulting in unanticipated and unwanted circumstances. In such cases, pre-marriage counseling helps a couple gain knowledge about the same.
If you are getting married, then you and your partner should go for pre-marital counseling to create a solid foundation for your sacred union.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am always getting irregular periods can you suggest some remedies so my periodic cycle vll b continuous.
PCOS or Polycystic Ovary Syndrome is one of the fastest growing problems which women all over the world are facing today. This hormonal disorder leads to a lot of problems related to fertility and menstrual flow for women. PCOS usually results in a rapid gain in weight and development of cysts in the ovaries. Women all over the world are suffering from the problem and the most common method which most of the doctors suggest is to have specific birth controlling pills. However, simply depending on these pills is not going to be sufficient to get rid of the disorder. You need to start keeping a check on what you eat on a daily basis. Given below are 5 food products which have helped a lot of women in treating their PCOS naturally. These food items have not only helped in curing PCOS but have shown a positive impact in the lives of many women, in general.
1. Basil Leaves Should Be Consumed Daily
One of the most inexpensive and easily accessible food items, basil leaves have proved to be highly successful in treating PCOS naturally. Eating 10-12 freshly washed basil leaves is considered to be really useful and is an age-old technique to cure the disorder.
2. Coconut Oil Works Wonders
This is another product which is easily available and can be found in every household instantly. Coconut oil is one of the best natural home remedies used for treating PCOS. Consuming one tablespoon of virgin coconut oil can be extremely efficient in regulating your blood sugar levels.
3. Drink Green Tea Daily
One can simply not count the benefits of drinking green tea daily. From managing your weight and making your skin glow to regulating your PCOD issues, green tea comes in handy everywhere. Drinking green tea daily helps in preventing cellular damage which has a positive effect on treating PCOD
4. Benefits of Consuming Apple Cider Vinegar
When it comes to fighting PCOD, Apple Cider Vinegar is one of the most preferred home ingredients which every woman who can swear by. It is one of the most effective remedies to treat the problem. Having a glass of warm water with Apple cider vinegar on an empty stomach balances your hormone and boosts the pH level like no other product. It also helps in regulating the insulin level in the body.
5. Consume Honey Daily
Honey is the most effective remedy which is used by women for treating PCOD all over the world. Consumption of honey with lime juice and a cup of warm water can help in managing any future problems which can arise due to PCOD. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My sister 16 year old girl gets severe stomach pain during her mc she has consulted many specialists but no use even she takes many tablets consulted by doctors even then it is not working so please give solution to her stomach and back pain?
Infertility is the most common problem faced now-a-days. It is an inability to conceive by a couple after one year of regular intercourse without contraception. Apart of disease pathology, cause of the infertility may also be improper diet and lifestyle. Obesity, improper food habits, environmental factor, advanced maternal age, drinking habit, smoking, less sleep, illicit drugs like opiates, heroin, marijuana etc; some medicines like antidepressants, antibiotics, improper use of mobile phones and tight fitting clothes are some of the common causes of infertility. Prevention through management and lifestyle will reduce the risk by many fiold.