Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Shalini GargYour feedback matters!
I have gone through laser treatment for both of my eyes. For distance vision 3 years ago. Now my eyes remain dry. Painful. And my vision is blurred. What should I do? Can I do laser again? When I put eye drops it feel good and vision makes clear for a moment. Please suggest.
Sir I am having problem with my right eye as I use computer or laptop for more that half an hour it starts paining very badly I do not want to wear spectacles please suggest some treatment?
Usually I will drive 25 km daily. Now my eye ball become yellow and looks so dusty could you suggest some eye drops.
I have been suffering from gastritis from last one year BT still I feel pain after eating food and get chest pains at night. I am just having a rabiwok DSR capsule every morning do I need to see a doctor.
I have eye problem, I cannot see far distance object. Give me some advice for wearing lens or glass.
Headache and eye problem. When I read there is water in my both eyes. Is this a weakness or I need some power glasses?
My mother having age of 49 years. We had MIR test and consult with doctor that my mother felt some problem on one side of face like one side of eyes being most of time and size of that eye is going small as compare to other eye, she felt the weight in other side of face. Doctor said in her brain, blood vein touching his mind vein no. 8. They gave us course of medicine for 3 month and said if not going perfect they have to took medicine for entire life.
I m facing a little problem. I have red eyes for 2days. I used Olopat Od twice a day but nothing happened. What should I do?
One of the most contagious infections to affect children and adults is conjunctivitis. Conjunctivitis, also known as pink eye is an inflammation of the conjunctiva. This makes the blood vessels of the eye more visible and turns the white part of the eye pinkish. This condition can be caused by a number of factors such as exposure to bacteria or viruses, allergens and irritants. Treatment for conjunctivitis depends on the cause of the condition.
The first step towards treating this disease is to correctly diagnose it. Some of the symptoms that can be noticed are:
- Redness in the white of the eye
- Itchiness and burning in the eye
- Discharge from the eye
- Crusting of the eyelids
- Increased sensitivity to light
If you notice any of these symptoms persisting for over a few days, consult a doctor immediately. There are two aspects to dealing with conjunctivitis; preventing the infection from spreading and reducing the infection. Here are a few tips to help stop the infection from spreading.
- Stop wearing contact lenses. While the infection persists, wear spectacles instead. Once your eyes have healed, dispose of the old contacts lenses and solution and get yourself a new pair.
- Wash your hands often. This is especially important if you have touched your eyes and will prevent the infection from spreading.
- Avoid sharing contact lenses, eye makeup and other forms of makeup along with makeup brushes.
- Avoid rubbing your eyes. Often conjunctivitis can affect only one eye at a time. Keeping yourself from rubbing or touching the infected eye will keep the infection from spreading to the other eye.
- Remove the discharge from around your eye every few hours with a clean cotton swab. Throw the swab away after it has been used once and wash your hands with soap and water before touching anything else.
- Avoid using swimming pools and hot tubs.
- Wash towels. Pillow cases, sheets and other things that come in regular contact with your eyes every few days with hot water to disinfect them.
In most cases of infective conjunctivitis, antibiotics are not needed. Instead lubricant eye drops are prescribed that are available over the counter. This can help ease soreness and stickiness in the eye. When using lubricant eye drops, do not let the dropper touch the infected eye and do not use the same eye drops for both eyes. Untreated conjunctivitis can be treated with antibiotics such as chloramphenicol and fusidic acid. These antibiotics can have a few side effects such as blurred vision and hence you must avoid driving and operating heavy machinery after using them. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.
If you suffer from dry eyes, up your seafood intake. Salmon, sardines, and mackerel contain omega-3 fatty acids, which the body uses to produce tears, among other things. Research suggests that people who consume higher amounts of these fats are less likely to have dry eyes.