Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shailendra JainYour feedback matters!
I am a 35 year old male and suffering from hyper pigmentation on face (melesma. Is there any permanent solution to this problem?
Hi, am 23 old Female, am doing job in bangalore, I shifted here just before 7 months only and staying in PG, my native is Davangere, karnata. Before to shift here I was working in my native only, when I was in native my hair and face was so good, but nowadays am observing that myhair become so thin and it not at all growing and so so so much of dandruff and same as hair fall like the surrounding area of my forehead the scalp is becoming to visible like there is so less hair, that on my face some black marks and black heads happening in the place of below my lips in chin, and am facing pimple problem on my face too as I will not have pimples when I was in my native. In my PG there is salt water to all works and for drinking water only they will purify that salt water and food is also not good. Is salt water reason for these all problems? Or else any other reason is there. Pls pls pls help me and suggest me some effective solutions pls pls. Am worried and afraid by these kind of symptoms.
I have a skin problem. My skin is so sensitive. Nothing suits to my face whether it is herbal medicine or cosmetic products even home remedies also. And get rashes on my face when it is dry even my skin is oily. What should I do?
Hi doctor there is no smoothness in my skin that others people have please suggest me cream for smoothness of and get fairer skin by improving skin tone.
I have a problem of dry and scaly skin on my whole body. I didn't refer to any doctor. Is there any medical treatment available for it?
I have problem in winter that is my face and cheeks burn and then they become red. Please tell me what is this and what I do for it.
Hello doctor. Pls suggest some medicines to improve skin tone and texture. M suffering from pcod also ovarian cyst. But it's under control by medication. My skin is becoming dark. And also uneven and rough. And also my hair doest grow I want long silky hairs. I have mild facial hairs also. Pls help.
My wife is pregnant 13 week But she suffering from skin infection like khujli in whole body. Is that any connection between khujli and pregnancy? Suggest any cream or tube for this problem! Urgently.
Hi, I am a 25 yr old female and I have the problem of hair loss and I have acne scar on face that really makes me ugly. Please help me for the treatment.
Hi sir I have dark circle under eyes and my skin going like black I wanna back glow my face and removed all dark circle tell me some home tips.
Hi, I have allergic rhinitis and I took treatment and avoidin dust almost. But now I still have pigmentation around my mouth. Kindly suggest some permanent treatment.
Causes of skin discoloration and its types
Skin discoloration is a condition where the overall color of skin appears patchy and uneven. This generally takes the form of dark spots, blotchiness, jagged sunburns, etc. It is caused due to unequal distribution of melanin, the pigment responsible for imparting color to the skin.
Melanin is produced by the melanocyte cells in the epidermis layer of the skin. This pigment plays a protective role in the skin, particularly when it comes to defense against sun damage. Production of melanin is generally uniform through the skin but sometimes, various anomalies cause some parts of the skin to produce excess melanin whereas others may produce none at all. This leads to discoloration of the skin, making the appearance of skin tone irregular and non-uniform.
What are the different types of skin discoloration?
There are various types of skin discoloration which are caused by different medical and nonmedical conditions.
Some of them are as follows:
- Melasma. This type of skin discoloration occurs due to fluctuations in the levels of estrogen and progesterone in the body. This condition is found most commonly in pregnant women.
- Vitiligo. This is a medical condition which is caused when melanocyte cells cease to function or die. It manifests itself in the form of white patches that appear on the skin.
- Sunburns and Tans. These appear on the skin in the form of dark patches, uneven splotches and burns. It is caused by unprotected and prolonged exposure to the sun.
- Tinea Versicolor. This type of skin discoloration is caused by a fungal infection that makes skin appear dull and flaky in patches. It occurs due to hormone level fluctuations or a malfunction in the immune system.
- Skin Cancer. When the skin gets affected by melanomas and carcinomas, it appears discolored. This type of discoloration changes shape, size and texture and requires the immediate attention of a specialist.
- Other causes of skin discoloration include genetic inheritance, allergic reactions and drug reactions. The diagnosis of treatment depends on the exact nature of the condition and varies from case to case.
Related Tip: Can Use of Sunscreen Reduce Skin's Aging?