Lybrate.com has top trusted Pulmonologists from across India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shahid Mehdi
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shahid MehdiYour feedback matters!
My 2 year old son frequent cough n cold. But is active.What are the signs to Chek allergies or asthma ?
I am suffering from cough from last two months and I do have breathlessness many times. I am a smoker as well. Could you suggest me what should I do?
I'm suffering from TB, and I'm taking medicine as doctor prescribed. Now what should I do and should not do, please tell me clearly.
I have cough for the past month or so. When I cough I cough so hard that I vomit with it food particles but no blood. Also I feel choking, breathlessness during these bouts of coughing and this happens more than once in a day.
Hello doctor my mother having sinus problem. So she cannot able to cook the masala smell creates sneeze and running nose. What is the best remedy?
Am suffering from breathing problem from last 1 year may I know what is the problem and how to free from breathing problem please give me salutation.
I am suffering from dry cough in last two week and also chest pain in night time so pls tell me solution.
Bacterial sinus problems of viridians strep with s.epidermidis .which homeo medicines should I take for a long time (immunity enhancement at the same time. Please give me advice.
Sir, I have been smoking from 2 years and my age is 20 I have quieted smoking from last one month and feeling better now. My question is what should I do to make my lungs healthy?
Arrhythmia is a disorder which is characterized by improper and irregular heartbeats; be it too slow or too fast. This problem occurs when the electrical impulses that are used to regulate your heartbeat don’t work in the correct manner. Your heart may beat irregularly, too slow or too fast.
Although this disorder does not yield many symptoms, a few noticeable symptoms of arrhythmia are slow heartbeat, or a racing heartbeat, chest pain, breathing difficulties and dizziness. Arrhythmia can lead to inefficient pumping by the heart, leading to bouts of fainting. A severe symptom of this disorder is ventricular fibrillation, wherein the ventricles tend to quiver instead of transporting blood. This symptom can cut off blood supply to the vital organs, which may lead to death.
- Coronary artery disease: In this disease, arteries of the heart can get blocked, leading to irregular heart beat and impaired heart functioning.
- A heart attack: An ongoing heart attack usually leads to irregular heartbeats.
- High blood pressure: High blood pressure problems make you more vulnerable to this condition.
- Impaired functioning of the thyroid glands: An overactive or underactive thyroid gland can lead to heart arrhythmia.
- Excessive smoking and alcohol consumption: These habits can cause problems with the blood vessels in the body, thus increasing risks of this particular condition as well as other cardio-vascular diseases.
- Stress: Too much stress can lead to high blood pressure; that is again linked to heart arrhythmia.
Mild symptoms of arrhythmia do not require treatment. However, complications resulting from it warrant treatment. The various treatment options for this condition are:
- Pacemaker: A pacemaker is a device that is used to regulate your heart rhythms. It is placed in the body by a surgical procedure and an insulated wire is put, connecting the heart to the pacemaker. In case of an irregular heartbeat, the pacemaker sends out impulses to correct the improper heartbeat.
- Implantable cardioverter-defibrillator: This device is used to prevent a dangerous symptom of heart arrhythmia, a symptom wherein the ventricle quivers. It is similar to a pacemaker as it is also placed near the collarbone. In case it detects an abnormal rhythm, it sends out shocks to reset the heart rhythm.
- Maze procedure: This is a surgical procedure wherein incisions are made on the upper heart tissue to create a scar tissue. Scar tissues act as insulators to prevent stray impulses.
- Alternative therapies: Alternative procedures such as yoga and meditation can help remedy the disorder.