Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Red Eyes
Treatment of Dark Circle
Treatment of Eye Pain
Treatment of Conjunctivitis
Treatment of Black eye
Treatment of Eye Itching
Treatment of Eye Infection
Treatment of Tearing Eyes
Treatment of Eye Burning
Treatment of Myopia
Treatment of Eye Allergy
Treatment of Poor Eye Sight
Management of Blindness
Treatment of Dry Eyes
Treatment of Cataract
Treatment of Squint
Treatment of Watery Eyes
Treatment Of Glaucoma
Submit a review for Dr. Seema SharmaYour feedback matters!
I have dry eyes due to working on computers. I use Glytears Eye drops. But this provides temporary solution only. There is no itching But sometimes there is pain in eyes. Please suggest some medication.
My eyes are swollen when I wake up and there is a pain in my eyelid. When I wake up the right eye gets sticked and small particles come out automatically and then near the end its kinda swollen and there is a pain which I am experiencing from last week. Please advise.
I have little squint in my eyes which is normally not visible. There is lot of pain in my right eye as well as right head. Not able to concentrate properly. Effecting my day to day routine work. Kindly help.
I am a 20 year old male. I have short sight and I am wearing spectacles for three years. Is there is any problems in doing laser surgery for short sight in this age?
Sir I have squint problem with lazy eye and Dr. Suggested me for surgery for temporary solution .sir kindly tell me if I go for surgery after that how long it will work.
My power is 13 and 14 and i want to take laser treatment, is this treatment safe or any side efffects in this??
Hypermetropia, commonly known as long-sightedness, is a common vision condition in which distant objects appear clear, but nearby objects seem blurry or foggy. A person's ability to focus is greatly dependent on the degree of farsightedness. This condition of the eye is usually observed at birth and is also hereditary to some extent. Although, contact lenses and eye glasses are common methods of treatment, surgeries are also an option.
Before getting to understand the causes one should be aware of the structure of the eye.
The eye has two parts that focus on images:
- The clear surface at the front of the eye known as the cornea
- The second part is the lens, which is a clear structure
In a normal eye, these clear surfaces have a smooth curvature. The cornea and the lens bend or refract the incoming light to direct a sharply focused image on the retina, situated at the back of your eye.
Hypermetropia is caused when:
- The cornea or lens in the eye is not even or smoothly curved. In such cases, light rays are focussed behind retina which gives a blurry vision.
- The condition can also occur when the cornea of the eye is not curved enough. A shorter than the normal eye can also lead to such a condition. Convergent squint with eyes turning in is common in hypermetropes.
Due to these factors, the image is not precisely focused on the retina, causing blurry vision for nearby objects.
Some of the symptoms of farsightedness include:
- Objects that are close may appear blurry or cloudy
- Squinting the eyes might be necessary for viewing clearly
- A person may experience strain in the eye, aching and even inflammation in and around the eye
- Prolonged periods of close task like reading, writing or drawing may cause discomfort in the eye or minor headaches
Chronic eye strain and cross eyes are some of the commonly observed complications. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.