Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Seema ChuletYour feedback matters!
My wife is not conceiving as it's 18 months passed of our marriage, she has thyroid problem but it's Normal now as she is taking medicine for that, and one lady doctor suggested OVALIFE plus for 3 months but no positive results till now. She has 28 days cycle of menstruation and bleeding is for 4 days only and some times period comes 3 -4 days earlier and sometimes 7 days later. please help.
Taking many times ipill since last 4 to 5 years will it affect me getting pregnant and I will get pregnant or not?
The rising incidences of cancer have made it important for us to be vigilant about our health. It has been proven medically that if cancer is detected at an early stage -stage I & II , then the chances of cure and treatment along with full recovery are very high. For early cancer detection & for people at greater risk of cancer, PHC-Preventive Health Care plays a major role. Preventive Health Check is particularly important for the people who have a family history of cancer.
Almost all cancers are caused by damage or mutation in their genes, which, may be acquired from environmental exposure, dietary factors, hormones or through normal aging. In 90% of cases, these genes are not passed from parents to children. These are known as sporadic mutations and the cancers that they cause are called as sporadic cancers. But 5-10% of cancers are caused by gene mutations which are inherited from one or both parents & passed on to the children .These are hereditary or germline mutations & these cancers are known as hereditary or familial cancers.
People /children, who carry gene mutations have a higher risk of developing cancer at an earlier age or at some point in their life time.
Some of the common such cancers, which run in families, are:
- Breast cancer
- Ovarian cancer
- Colo-rectal cancer (cancer of large intestine )
- Prostate cancer
Breast, ovary & colo-rectal carcinoma have well established gene mutation studies.Mutation of BRCA 1 & BRCA2 Genes is responsible for 85% of hereditary breast cancers.
Estimated life time risk for developing breast cancer in woman with BRCA1 & BRCA2 mutation is 56-87% & risk for developing-bilateral /contralatral breast cancer is about 20-40%. These statistics make a preventive health check for women with breast cancer history in their family a necessity. Mutation in these genes confers about 20-40% increased life time risk for developing ovarian cancer. Hence the presence of gene mutation for breast cancer can trigger ovarian cancer.
However as stated above, other environmental and lifestyle factors can also cause breast cancer other than genetic BRCA1 & BRCA 2 gene mutations.
- Increasing age
- Early menarche
- Late menopause
- First birth after the age of 30
- Atypical lobular hyperplasia or Atypical ductal hyperplasia
- Prior breast biopsies
- Long term postmenopausal estiogen replacement
- Early exposure to ionizing radiation
Other Familial Cancers:
Familial cancer syndromes associated with colo-rectal cancers are familial adenomatous polyposis (FAP).It is an autosomal dominant inherited syndrome with more than 90% penetrance, manifested by hundreds of polyps developed by late adolescence .The risk of developing invasive cancer is almost 100% .So such patients should start getting colonoscopy at an earlier age- say by 20yr of age & should undergo Total Collectomy on development of significant polyps .
Other familial cancer syndromes are hereditary non -Polyposis Colo Rectal Cancer (HNPCC), Gardner's Syndrome, Turcot's Syndrome, Peutz-Jeghers Syndrome, Juvenile Polyposis.
Cancer Assessment & Conclusion:
For breast cancer risk assessment, we have the GAIL model & IBIS model, which take into consideration ,all the risk factors, apart from BRCA1 & BRCA 2 gene mutation. These models calculate the over all life time risk of development of breast cancer for any lady. For this, you have to consult a specialist experienced in area of hereditary cancers, cancer risk assessment, genetic counseling & testing.
To conclude, all people with cancers in their family should undergo genetic testing & counseling, to detect high risk individuals should take adequate measures & treatment.
Here’s a list of foods that are better than taking vitamin supplements:
Fatty fish such as trout are great sources of vitamin d and omega-3 fatty acids, which promote brain function and fight inflammation.
Include mushrooms them in your diet four times a week and see your vitamin levels shoot up. They can be cooked, baked or pan-fried and turned into a tasty and healthy delight. In order to reap more benefits, you can sun dry them before consumption. Mushrooms can naturally produce vitamin d when exposed to sunlight.
3. Green veggies
Fresh green veggies are loaded with essential nutrients and the key point to remember is that the lesser you cook them (keeping the crunch and texture intact) the more beneficial they can be. So load up on spinach, methi leaves, lettuce, mustard greens and kale.
Not only do clams have the highest concentration of vitamin b12 of any food, they’re also filled with potassium. Three ounces of either canned or fresh clam contains 534 mg of potassium, 15% of your daily requirement.
You may be surprised to learn that these little fish are packed with calcium—3 ounces has the same amount as 8 ounces of milk. Sardines also contain vitamin d and omega-3 fatty acids. If you buy them canned in oil, be sure to rinse before cooking to get rid of excess salt.
Hi, As I have Seen, Some Girls are Gain weight after abortion operation. What are the reasons for that?
My son is 9 years old and since last 2 years he is rubbing his penis and upon asking says it feels good. Need your advise as he is found mostly holding his penis and a major distraction for him and will be a serious issue in coming years. Please help.
Helo, I had periods this month only for 2 days and very little in amount and I feel my lower abdomen heavy and pressurized and little pain on sides and in centre. I had tested pregnancy in urine but comes -ve. Then after that tested for blood test s beta hcg its range comes out 5.3.
If a woman's menstrual cycle is normal, blood report is normal, follicular study is normal, fallopian tube test is normal, husband's sperm test is normal then what can be the reason of not conceiving even after trying for 4-5 months? Are there chances of infertility?
I want to sex with my boyfriend, But he is not satisfied with Condom sex, So he asked to take unwanted 72 for every three days, Whether it will works and make our sex has happy. If it can be possible I also preferred it, because condom sex not giving 100% satisfaction. Can I suggest this to my friend also. Please guide us.
Understand the term Depression
Hi! I’m Dr. Priyanka Srivastava, a Psychologist, practicing in Noida.
Today, let’s understand the term depression. Depression is nothing but a psychological condition that can drain your energy, drive and hope from your life. The things that you once rejoiced may not be pleasurable anymore.
Meanwhile, it is not a simple and an easy way to move out from depression. You need to consult a counseling psychologist or a counselor or a therapist to overcome the symptoms of depression. Yet at the same time, there are certain things you need to avoid and you need to follow when you are moving in this state of depression.
So, There are four things that you need to avoid during this state of depression.
- Avoid staying alone- Whenever we are in this depression mode, we generally do not want to interact with the people, do not want to move into the social situations but we recommend that you should move into the social situation so that the feeling of loneliness is being taken care of.
- Avoid not seeking help- Avoid not seeking help means that you need to consult a therapist or a counseling psychologist who will help you to overcome with these symptoms of depression either through online or an offline mode of consultation.
- Avoid white foods or processed foods- Now white foods or the processed foods, they are generally simple carbohydrates that can actually lead to insulin dumping and trigger the process of depression.
Now, What are the things we need to follow during this depression mode?
- We need to consume more of omega-3 fatty acids in our diet- For the vegetarians, we can include flaxseeds, broccoli, in our diet. For non-vegetarians, we can include fish, or fish cod liver oil
- Get involved in social settings- Getting involved in social settings will surely help you move out from this state of depression.
- Fix your daily routine- Fixing the daily routine will help you; motivate you to move out again from this state of depression.
- Be positive and be open to the new ideas- Have a positive thinking then, surely you will come out from this state of mind, and be open to the ideas from the social gathering.
For any other consultation, regarding this depression, you can consult me through Lybrate online and offline mode.
Hi, I am trying to convince but i am not getting pregnancy. My last period was on feb 19th. What is my ovulation time? My periods are regular.
I have pcos so irregular periods. After intercourse with my husband I had pain in my pelvic part. I drink lots of water. I don't have pelvic dryness but also I had pain is there any healing for this.
Hello doctor. Am 25 years old I have not got my period from 40 days from last 4 days I have more pain in legs and backache its came yesterday little and again stopped pls suggest me wt yo do any tablet only this month am facing lik this problem pls suggest.
The knee joint is made up of several elements including the knee cap, meniscus, connective tissue, tendons, ligaments, cartilage, and muscles. Damage to any part of the knee can cause chronic pain.
What can cause knee pain:
Fractures: These are caused by the breaking up of the kneecap due to falls or collisions.ACL Injuries: Caused due to the tearing of the anterior cruciate ligament (that connects the femur and the shinbone). Especially common in sportspersons such as footballers or basketball players.Meniscus tears: The meniscus or the rubber-like cartilage (that acts as a shock absorber) can be torn by sudden jerks or excess pressure.
Arthritis: The chief cause of lingering knee pain, arthritis itself can be of a number of types.
- Osteoarthritis, which is a result of deterioration of cartilages due to wear and tear
- Rheumatoid Arthritis, an inflammatory chronic disorder
- Septic Arthritis, causing pain, swelling and redness.
- Gout caused due to the development of uric acid crystals in the joints
How to deal with it:
- Exercise: Moderate to intense exercise is prescribed for one and all. This, of course, depends on one's overall health and age. If you are already suffering from joint pain, then you may want to go easy on the exercise with a focus on building muscle strength and foundation. If you are healthy, then some amount of daily exercise as a routine will keep those knees in prime working condition and well lubricated as well. Inactivity and a sedentary lifestyle can affect the knees very badly.
- Dealing with Load: Weight is a big one. Carrying around extra pounds and kilograms can be detrimental for your knees in the long run. Your knee is not equipped to handle the excessive weight. It already supports three to five times your weight when you get up and walk around or indulge in some mild jogging. One must be careful of those extra pounds to take the load off the knee and keep it from falling prey to damage.
- Do not Ignore: Warning signals such as chronic or acute knee pain should not be ignored. Remember to see a doctor or an orthopaedic specialist to find out if you have contracted an infection or if you may have suffered a fracture due to an injury.
The ligaments around the knee are strong. However, sometimes they can become injured. They may be stretched (sprained), or sometimes torn (ruptured). A ligament rupture can be partial (just some of the fibres that make up the ligament are torn) or complete (the ligament is torn through completely). The majority of knee ligament injuries are sprains and not tears and they tend to settle down quickly.
ACL injury and other ligament injuries can be caused by:
- Twisting your knee with the foot planted
- Getting hit on the knee
- Extending the knee too far
- Jumping and landing on a flexed knee
- Stopping suddenly when running
- Suddenly shifting weight from one leg to the other
These injuries are common in soccer players, football players, basketball players, skiers, gymnasts, and other athletes.
- Rest the knee.
- Ice your knee to reduce pain and swelling.
- Compress your knee.
- Elevate your knee on a pillow when you're sitting or lying down.
- Wear a knee brace to stabilise the knee
- Practise stretching and strengthening exercises if they are recommended.
For severe collateral ligament tears, you may need surgery to attach the ligament back to the bone if it was pulled away, or to the other part of the ligament if it was torn in the middle.
A meniscus tear is a common knee injury. The meniscus is a rubbery, C-shaped disc that cushions your knee. Each knee has two menisci (plural of meniscus)-one at the outer edge of the knee and one at the inner edge. The menisci keep your knee steady by balancing your weight across the knee. A torn meniscus can prevent your knee from working right.
A meniscus tear is usually caused by twisting or turning quickly, often with the foot planted while the knee is bent. Meniscus tears can occur when you lift something heavy or play sports. As you get older, your meniscus gets worn. This can make it tear more easily.
Treatment may include:
- Rest, ice, wrapping the knee with an elastic bandage, and propping up the leg on pillows.
- Physical therapy.
- Surgery to repair the meniscus.
- Surgery to remove part of the meniscus. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Physiotherapist.
I am 25 years old. My periods were due on 1st Nov but the periods have not yet started. And I had unprotected sex with my BF on 5th of Nov and now I am scared if I would get pregnant. Please advice on what can I do now.
If you are into healthy eating, but like a dose of fat in your diet, we have a surprise for you. Not all fats are unhealthy. Saturated fats should be taken as a part of your diet while trans-fat should be banished. There are a lot of fats that are healthy and can actually help in promoting good health.
So read on to know how to eat lots of fat and still be healthy!
- Avocados: Avocados contain a monounsaturated fat that goes by the name of Oleic Acid. This also has numerous health benefits and is known as a super food that gives us Omega-3 fatty acids. It even contains plenty of potassium.
- Cheese: Remember to have a slice of cheese the next time you find yourself avoiding that mandatory glass of milk. Cheese is known as a great source of protein, calcium and vitamin B 12 as well as phosphorous. It also contains fatty acids that can even reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes mellitus.
- Dark Chocolate: A small dose of dark chocolate a day can actually keep skin damage and cardiac disease at bay. That's the result of medical studies. This superfood can also encourage better brain function thanks to the fact that it is rich in iron, magnesium, copper and other nutrients as well as essential fats.
- Eggs: The fats found in eggs do not affect the cholesterol levels in the blood, which makes it the ideal source of essential and healthy fats as well as protein and calcium. Eggs can protect the eyes from wear and tear thanks to the heavy element of choline. Plus, it also known as a weight loss friendly food.
- Fish: Fish and other seafood have proven health benefits thanks to the Omega-3 fatty acids, which can actually aid you in your weight loss journey and keep your heart healthy. This lean protein also helps in giving you essential nutrition when ingested on a regular basis.
- Seed Oil: Sunflower, olive oil and flaxseed oil have healthy fats with proven health benefits for everyone. The fats present in this kind of oil are very healthy and can actually help in retaining the good health of bones.
- Nuts: Dry fruit, almonds, figs, pistachios and raisins help in giving you your daily dose of natural fats that are healthy. You can munch on these for essential vitamins and minerals along with the fat content.
Improve your overall health as well as the quality of your hair and skin with these essential and healthy fats!