Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
I am 39 years old lady. M suffering frm acute hair fall. Used so many shampoos but no result. And on my face I have seen few black spots and blackheads which r becoming more visible day by day. Pl tell me wt can I do to improve my skin and hair. M a, teacher. Pl help me.
Hi, I am 21 years old and I have developed some kind of lumps under my skin which doesn't hurt and its growing in different parts of the body like chest, arms, stomach. I think it's called limpoma. So anybody can help me out?
Menorrhagia is menstrual condition characterized by an abnormal loss of blood or heavy, prolonged bleeding. Although heavy bleeding is not uncommon in premenopausal women, menorrhagia is a severe condition which generally interferes with your daily activities. If your vagina bleeds irregularly or between periods, in addition to such heavy bleeding that at least one pad or tampon gets soaked every few hours, it is highly recommended that you seek medical attention.
Signs and symptoms of menorrhagia include:
- Soaking through more than one tampon or sanitary pad for every few hours
- The need to use double sanitary protection
- Heavy bleeding for weeks on end
- The need to wake up at night to change your sanitary protection
- Restriction of daily activities due to heavy menstrual flow
- Symptoms of fatigue, such as excessive tiredness as well as shortness of breath
Although the exact causes are unknown, here are a few causes that may be responsible:
- Hormonal imbalance is when there is an hormone imbalance, the endometrium develops in excess and sheds away with menstruation
- In Ovary dysfunction, if your ovaries do not ovulate, your body won't be able to produce the hormone progesterone resulting in a hormonal imbalance problem which may lead to menorrhagia
- Uterine fibroids are benign tumors which start appearing in your childbearing years
- Polyps are small benign growths found on the uterine lining
- Adenomyosis occurs when your glands from the endometrium becomes embedded in the uterine muscle
- By using Intrauterine device (IUD) menorrhagia may occur as a side-effect
- Pregnancy complications, for instance, an ectopic pregnancy can cause it
- Inherited bleeding disorders, such as von Willebrand disease
- Certain medications like anti-inflammatory drugs
- Other medical conditions, like pelvic inflammatory disease or endometriosis
Treatment for menorrhagia depends on a number of factors like the cause and severity of the condition, or your tolerance for specific therapies or medications.
Some drug therapies for menorrhagia include:
- Iron supplements
- Tranexamic acid
- Oral progesterone
- Non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
- Oral contraceptives
- Hormonal IUD
If drug therapy is ineffective, other treatment options may include:
- Dilation and curettage
- Focused ultrasound ablation
- Uterine artery embolization
- Endometrial ablation
- Endometrial resection
Hii Dr. please suggest what to do for release pain after press boobs hardly first time? A day before yesterday I press boob of my wife first time during foreplay. But after that she have pain there from last two days. Can I have suggestions for release that pain?
Due to some bad habits, I am suffering from pimple on my face and it treat many black spot on my face also pore on my face. so what should I do?
Sir, I am, 63 yrs, male taking oral medication for an enlarged prostate for the last three years. How can I ascertain whether there is any malignancy or not ?
I'm 20 years old & have white patches on my back, sholdier& neck for about 4 months. I think its tesia versicolor. What to do now? which medicine to take?
Hello:) I have hypothyroid and pcod. Suddenly face gt dark Please suggest me some cream to get my glow back And Can I consume EVION 600 vitamin e capsule for my skin and health. As I have thyroid and pcod, so I'm confused If yes den how to take dis supplement. Before or after eating please suggest me wid the proper info And how to lighten darker inner thighs.
Dear doctor, How should I choose a good sun screen for me? Can yu pls suggest me a gud sun screen products?
I am 60 yrs old. Suffering from prostate problems.please advise the tests to be carry out and medicine to follow.
-skin red, swollen, and dotted with pus-filled bumps.
-bumps usually appear only on the palms and soles.
-soreness and pain where the bumps appear.
-pus-filled bumps will dry, and leave behind brown dots and/or scale on the skin.
When pus-filled bumps cover the body, the person also may have:
-been feeling sick and exhausted.
-loss of appetite.
What should I do to loose weight and increase height with clear and bright skin (I have pimple marks on face). And I have a hectic schedule. Suggest something which can help me.
I am 21 years old. The skin on my private parts becoming black in colour. Can you suggest any ointments for making it white like other body parts.
Hello doctor I have soo many acne in my face. I have used soo many non priscribable medicine and applicators. But it's in vain have soo many scars.
Acne is a teenager's biggest worry. However, it can occur at any age. Acne or acne vulgaris occurs when oil, dead skin or bacteria block the pores on your skin. Though it is not dangerous, acne can be embarrassing and can leave scars on your skin. Severe acne can also be quite painful. Pimples in the form of blackheads and whiteheads are the main symptoms of acne. These can usually be seen on the face, back, chest, shoulders and neck of acne patients. Apart from these, painful lumps under the surface of the skin and red raised bumps can also be found on the skin of acne patients.
Acne can be triggered by a number of factors. Here are some of the common triggers for acne:
- Stress: The severity of acne can be correlated to the levels of stress a person is facing. While scientists are yet to figure the exact relationship between stress and acne; it is known that the cells that produce sebum or oil also act as stress receptors. Studies suggest that when a person is under stress, these cells produce excessive sebum that clogs pores on the skin leading to pimples.
- Hormones: Hormones play an important role in skin health especially when it comes to women. Androgens or the male hormones present in both men and women, trigger acne by over stimulating the oil glands. Women may also see an increase in pimples during menstruation. This is due to the fluctuating levels of progesterone that stimulate the production of sebum.
- Genetics: If one or both parents have acne, their children have high chances of suffering from it as well. Genes influence the sensitivity of your skin towards hormones such as androgens and progesterone that trigger acne. They also influence the production of anti inflammatory chemicals in the skin and skin's response to bacteria.
- Medication: Acne is one of the side effects to a few types of medication such as corticosteroids and anticonvulsants. However, this is not seen very often. On the other hand, drugs that contain hormones such as androgenic steroids almost always cause an acne breakout.
Treatment for acne depends on the severity of the condition and its persistence. Mild cases can be easily treated with over the counter medication, but if your acne is severe and not affected by these medications, it best to consult a dermatologist.
Related Tip: "5 Myths and Facts About Acne?"