Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Satish TyagiYour feedback matters!
I am 23 year old male patient acne on back and trunk. Having complication of post inflammatory hyper pigmentation.
I have a pimple problem. How can I get out of this problem. My skin is oily and sensitive and too white. It leaves deep scar holes on my face. Please help.
Proactive skin care can help keep your skin youthful and healthy.
Start with skin care rule no. 1 - protect yourself from the sun. When you're outdoors, wear protective clothing and use generous amounts of sunscreen.
Then consider other skin care basics, from avoiding strong soaps and limiting bath time to eating a healthy diet and managing stress.
Of course, skin care goes beyond sunscreen and daily cleansing.
Understand the risks and benefits of tattoos and piercings, including the latest tattoo removal techniques. Know the ins and outs of sunless tanning products. Find out the best ways to treat acne. Consider whether laser hair removal is right for you.
Whatever your skin care needs, count on reliable information to help your skin look its best.
I Have a skin issue on my foot. It has become black and itches. This has been there since past few months.
My skin getting dark as compare to before what should I do to regain ma skin tone any cream or diet to go back to the skin shade.
I have a very weird reaction to all types of wounds and stings. I seem to scratch it till it ultimately bleeds and scars. This applies to mosquito bites too. Please help me. My whole arms and legs are covered in scars due to this. What the hell is wrong with me?
My skin type is oily skin so is clean and clear face wash good for my skin, can it make my skin glowing and clean.
Hy, my father used to apply skintight cream on his face before 4 years for 1 year. And because of that cream, his skin had got burned and some portion had got burned or a too much dark spot had created in it. Whenever he takes the alopathic medicines, his face recovers but after stopping that, his skins again became the same. What remedies he should do for his recovery because it looks very dark. Please suggest some remedies for it to recover.
I am 25 years and I have dark circles problem, I used many creams and home remedies, how to get ride of these problem, suffering from seven months.
I have small boil near anus. I have consulted Dr. And they said that It is a fissure. However the cost for the laser treatment is 60k to 1lkh. Which is not possible option foe me. Could you please suggest me some home treatments or cheaper place to do laser treatment.
I am 35 year old woman. I am having dark circles under my eyes. Suggest me some home remedy for this.
Paining at anus area. Its hurting while sitting and walking. A pimple at anus is hurting too much. Please give some precautions to avoid this.
What should I do sir so that stool which came from the anal after few minutes of eat food is stopped, I go toilet every time when I eat. This creates lots of problems for me I does not do my work properly specially field work due to this reason I have operated 3 times before in 2016 from Jan to July of anal fistula operation but still I faced problem regarding stool came out & also sometime we got pain. Pain about 2 hrs not frequently but some time after toilet.
Pigmentation of the skin is a medical term, which refers to the phenomena of colouring. Our skin is made up of cells that produce a pigment named melanin. The colour of the skin largely depends on the production of melanin. If more melanin is produced, the skin looks darker and vice-versa. When the melanin producing cells are damaged due to long exposure to sunlight, pregnancy or any other disease, pigmentation of the skin takes place. The skin may get dark entirely or in patches due to pigmentation. In some cases, decolouration takes place or white patches are formed on the skin.
Causes and Types of Pigmentation
The type of skin pigmentation depends on the cause behind it. Here are some of the common causes and types:
- Melanin: The skin colour varies from one person to another due to the presence of a pigment called melanin. It is produced by melanocytes cells in our body. Melanin protects our skin from damage on exposure to sunlight. When we spend long hours under the sun, the melanin production is increased. This gives a tanned look.
- Freckles: These are caused by clusters of melanin. These gets accumulated or concentrated in clusters on being exposed to sunrays.
- Liver Spots/Age Spots: These are also known as solar lentigos. This can be due to ageing or excessive exposure to UV rays.
- Birthmarks: These are referred to the irregular blemish that appears on any part of the body soon after birth or at the time of birth. These are of two types: vascular and pigmented.
- Melasma/Chloasma Faciei: This is usually found in pregnant women. It occurs due to the over-activation of melanocytes as there is a hormonal imbalance.
- Post-inflammatory hyper pigmentation: This refers to inflammation as a result of inflammation caused by trauma.
Treatment: There are several ways to treat skin pigmentation. There are medicines and cosmetics available in the markets, which help in getting rid of the pigmentation. Skin pigmentation can also be tackled by certain home-based remedies. Here are some of these remedies:
- Milk and honey face pack: Milk is known to contain lactic acid. Apply a mixture of milk and honey on the affected part of the skin. This makes the hyper pigmented skin lighter in colour.
- Vegetable juices: Some vegetables like tomatoes, cucumber and potato are effective in getting rid of the skin pigments. Cut slices of these vegetables and rub them over the affected parts. The juices from these vegetables will lighten the pigmented part.
- Avocado magic: It is advisable to peel off an avocado and apply its juice with honey over the affected area.
- Add Vitamin E to your diet: Include foods rich in vitamin E in your meals. It helps in restoring the pigmented skin back to its normal form.
- Face mask: There are several face masks available that can work wonder in curing pigmentation of the skin. You can use face packs containing oatmeal, honey, sandalwood, turmeric powder, raw milk, and orange powder.
- Sun screen: It is important to guard your skin against the ultraviolet rays. UV rays lead to pigmentation of the skin. So, apply a sunscreen lotion or cream before stepping out of your home.
- Take up some exercise: A key to a healthy skin is a good lifestyle. One must exercise regularly to maintain proper blood circulation throughout the body. Proper flow of blood keeps the skin healthy and free from pigmentation.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol and cigarettes: The consumption of alcohol and cigarettes leads to the generation of toxins in our blood stream. This is harmful to our skin.
- Cocoa butter: It has nourishing and de-tanning effects on the skin. Use a cream that contains cocoa butter extracts on daily basis.
- Oil massage: Certain oils like olive and almond are good for treating damaged skin. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist and ask a free question.
Helo as I have already mention in my previous post that I am facing pitta dosha issue very badly. My whole body face red rashes and red pimples with itching I became very frustrated with this issue, please give me any good suggestions.
Amidst the celebrations, do not forget to take proper care of your skin during uttarayan. These are a few tips that will help you:
- Use a sunscreen of atleast 30 spf and re-apply after every 3 hours of sun exposure
- Use physical protection like caps, sunglasses etc as much as possible.
- Use band aids/tapes on fingers as a preventive measure against cuts.
- In case of any cuts/abrasions, apply a plain antibiotic ointment like soframycin.
Dont forget to drink lots of water since its winter and you might not feel thirsty but your body does need water.
Waves wellness wishes you all a very happy and safe uttarayan!