Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sapna PancholiYour feedback matters!
After D and C if she gets pregnant without the first period begin s is any complications or not.please help .
I want to get pregnant fast. I am trying last two mnths. Please tell me da best date in which I can get pregnant. My lmp was 30 may. 2015.
I am married. I want to pregnant my wife and I tried since last 2 months but she is not getting pregnant. What's the problem?
Hi, My wife is 6 month pregnant and always have pain in lower stomach or cramp on his stomach from last few week she also have slowing in his leg. The doctor whom I consent says that it is symptom of pregnancy. Please suggest any home remedy for this problem.
I am 19 years old and have a problem of irregular periods from last two months, this month my date was 29 november. Yet I did not had my periods?
Intrauterine devices or IUD are T shaped contraceptive devices. These contain levonorgestrel or copper and are inserted into the uterus. IUDs are considered to be one of the most effective birth control measures and also they are reversible (meaning it can be removed whenever a need arises). The copper IUd has a failure rate of 0.8%, while the levonorgestrel IUD has only had 0.2% failures till now. As per a report in 2007, IUDs are used by more than 180 million users all over the world.
What you should know about Intrauterine devices:
- Types of IUDs: There are 2 types of IUDs Copper and Hormone: Copper IUD is considered to be the conventional form of the contraceptive. It is T shaped with strings and is inserted into the uterus by a doctor. It can remain in the body for three to five years. Minera is a known brand of the hormone IUD. It contains low dose of hormone progestin and releases the same when inserted in the uterus. This is also T shaped and has strings. This can be left for three years.
- Pelvic infections are not caused by IUDs: There is a belief that IUDs cause pelvic infection but this is not true. The strings of the new IUDs are very thin and they do not cause any pelvic infection even if a person is suffering from a sexually transmitted infection (STI). Though there might be a slight risk of infection when the IUD is inserted and in the first 20 days, but that also dissolves soon.
- IUD can be used at any age: Earlier IUDs were not recommended for women who had never got pregnant. However, now anyone can use these irrespective of being pregnant or not. It is very safe for all age groups from teenagers to women involved in active sex to women post menopause.
- IUD is as effective as getting a tubal ligation: It is believed that Minera is 99.4% effective while sterilization (tubal ligation) is 99% effective in preventing a pregnancy. Ligation is considered to be a permanent birth control solution, while IUDs can be reversed.
- IUDs do not cause infertility: It was believed that a STI would creep into the pelvis through the string of the IUD and cause infertility but this is not so. Though a STI can cause infertility but the IUD has no role in the same and does not contribute or worsen the infection.
- Hormonal IUD have less side effects than birth control pills: Breast tenderness, acne, and bleeding for a short time may persist for the initial 3-4 months in case of hormonal IUDs. The copper IUD lead to cramping and heavy flow during menstruation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
Hello I am a 24 years old female. I was having irregular periods with low flow. Then I am diagnosed follicular ovarian cyst. With following details Uterus is andeverted and measures 7.0*4.5*3.0 cm. Endometrial thickness is 4.9 mm. Multiple follicular cysts of size 5-6 mm are arranged in periphery. Stroma is not hyperechoic and its echogenicity appears normal. Right ovary measures 2.7*1.9*1.3 cm, volume is 4.0 cc. Left ovary measures 3.9*2.2*2.5 cm, volume is 11.5 cc. No adnexal mass is seen. No free fluid is seen in pouch of douglas. IMPRESSION: * LEFT POLYCYSTIC OVARY. please suggest me the treatment and precaution. I ll be really thankful. thanks SO MUCH.
1. Menses Problems - Menses problems like irregular menses, delayed menses or in little blood flow, have to start Kumari Aasav 10 ml twice a day with warm water adding in it.
2. Hysteria - Give Natural Borax Powder (Purified Tankan) 1 -2 grams with honey or warm water.
3. Stye - In Problem of Stye have to apply Paste of Rasvanti (Rasanjan) on eyelids or on affected area. And take Trifla churna regularly.
4. Abdominal Pain - Take Shivakshar Churna 2 to 4 grams with warm water twice or thrice a day. And use hot water bag or heating pad on affected part of the abdomen.
In pregnancy if we happen to eat spoiled food, are there any immediate step to be taken. Can spoiled food without heating cause any harm in pregnancy.
Relationship marriage .what is the problem of in marriage life. What problem for child. Please suggest.
Quit eating junk food and high-fat fast food. Your heart, brain, and overall health are harmed by foods high in saturated fats, salt, and cholesterol. There's no getting around it. You've got to replace them with healthy foods: lots of fruits, vegetables, fish, nuts, olive oil -- what we call the mediterranean diet. Eat like an italian, a spaniard, a greek! enjoy!