Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjeeta PrasadYour feedback matters!
For e. G lost somebody close last year and since than feel very depressed and prefer keeping to my self all the time please help me.
My daughter is 14 years old and studying in class 9. She has a problem of concentration and that effects her studies. As she is not good in her studies, she avoids studying. On being told to study or being reprimanded for not doing well in studies, she reacts very rudely and violently. We try to handle the situation cautiously and calmly but sometimes it goes out if hand as she continuously says things to hurt her mother. She even goes on to say that she wants to commit suicide. In general her nature is soft and she repents for her behaviour later on. But she says she is unable to control herself. Her behaviour at school is very good and she is known as a soft spoken child. But overall her studies and her erratic behaviour is causing us a concern. Pl help..
I have failed in my final examination. I have lost a year. Now I feel very depressed. How can I recover myself. Please help me.
I am 55 year old. I feel anxiety during the day and suffering chest pain in the left side. It continues until the evening and ends in the night. What care I have to take to come out of this problem?
Hi doctor I am smoker but I left smoking it's more than 5 months, now I smoke but once in a weak or in ten days but still I feal weakness sometime breathing problems little bit chest all time, I eat fruits daily and also outside food also sometimes, What is best natural way or food other than exercise than I must increase in my meal to decrease such chest pain and weakness.
I am a 20 year old male. I have been into the habit of jacking off for about 5 years. In the initial couple of years, the frequency was low and didn't seem to disturb my daily health and my abilities: both physical and mental. However, since last 3 years I have gone through a lot of stress and sleep deprivation which has caused me to masturbate too often. There is no fixed frequency which I could mention. Consequently I have noticed my body and mind to slow down, they have lost there former magnificence. I want it back at any cost. Need urgent help.
I am very much addicted to smoking. Please give me proper and working ways so that I ll quit smoking.
I am a 42 years old male. Since 7 years I have been consuming tobacco. I just take it once in the night before I go to bed. After consuming I spit it out after 15-20 mins. I do make sure that I do not swallow anything too. I brush well after I spit it out. But its become kind of an addiction and I can not refrain from not having even for a single night. I have a lot of work stress too so I feel taking this once a day before I go to bed will help in easing out stress. Since 4 years I have had thyroid, and have started with allopathy medicine since 6 months. Previously was taking homeopathy. Is thyroid related to tobacco consumption. How do I get rid of this habit? How harmful can it be? Pls help.
I am emotionally very ill. Jealousy anger and frustration affects me easily than others. What should I do to not let them affect my relationships. Yet I control myself alott so that no one can recognise whats. Going on with me. Please give me helpful suggestions. I do not want to live my life this way.
Hello doctor I need a solution for my father problem the problem is my father was addicted to drinking habit is any solution for this.
Hi, I am 56 year old man I have a problem of short temper I get angry very often. I go restless when every any person doesn't do as I say. What should I do for this. I have tried meditation but its not working. Tell me what to do.?
I am suffering from headache & body pain. Which type of disease is this. Prescribe any medicine for it.
I am a 19 years old guy. I do not have any sister and being from a rural family. I am not used to be in contact with girls much. Now studies took me at IIT. Here when I talk to girls, I just hesitate and so I prefer company of boys. I am more introvert also. So need counselling to have confidence while talking to girls. I know it will be problematic when I will be facing interviews etc. Please advise.
I had a break up in last year. I miss her in every single second. Now I'm getting depressed. What should I do to move on?
Depression is a very common emotion you might have experienced at least once during your lifetime. Depression refers to a state of mind when you are feeling low due to persistent sadness and loss of interest. But if the depression is chronic and long lasting for you, then it indicates that you are suffering from clinical depression. Under clinical depression, it is preferable that you go through a proper treatment course by a certified therapist. The Most common types of depressions are:
- Major depression - Under this type of a depression you will be depressed for most days of the week and if this condition extends for a period greater than 2 weeks, then it is a case of major depression. The most common method to treat a major depression is to talk to a mental health specialist and take medications called antidepressants (only after a prescription by a certified doctor).
- Persistent depressive disorder - This is a more severe and long lasting type of depression which is identified if you are depressed over a period longer than 2 hours. The most common symptoms of this type of a disorder are - change in your appetite, too much or too little sleep, lack of energy or fatigue, low self-esteem, trouble concentrating or making decisions, feeling hopeless among others.
- Bipolar disorder - If you are experiencing extreme ups and downs of mood abruptly and without any apparent reason, then you might be suffering from this disorder. This disorder is commonly known as a maniac depression, because during an up phase you will be extremely happy, joyful outgoing and talkative but during the low phase you will be sad, tired and depressed.
- Seasonal affective disorder - This type of a depression might bother you only during the winter season. This happens whenever the days are shorter and your body is not able to get enough of sunlight. This mostly happens in the case of people who are very fond of sunlight, and they prefer the sunshine over dark periods of the night. This disorder is treated by SAD antidepressants and everyday light therapy of 15 to 20 minutes.
- Psychotic depression - Under this type of a depression, you will have a major depression along with some psychotic symptoms like - hallucinations, delusions, and paranoia. Hallucinations mean viewing things that are not there, in reality, delusions are false beliefs or misconceptions and paranoia is the constant fear that somebody is going to harm you.