Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Sexologists in India. You will find Sexologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Sexologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Sameer NarangYour feedback matters!
Is there any link between flow of urine and prostrate enlargement? I am 69 and find urine flow very slow. What check is required?
Dear doctor mere penis par sujan aa gai h or jab me tolite karta hu tho penis niche se ful jata h or penis ko dabane par tolite bahar aati h or waha par red sa ho gai please muje jawab do hindi me
Sir please tell me Kya mai garlic or honey ka mixture khali pet subah me khane se sex power badha sakti hain ya nahi or iska kya kya benefit hai sir. Or iska koi side effect ho to aap please jarur batayen it's my great request to you sir.
I 23 year old. N I feel in scrotum burning and pain from 2 year. Can I take neem 2 times please suggest how much doses should be take. And how long time.
Will masturbation affect human growth? I am doing masturbation since 2009, thing is that I have not grown, my height is 160 CM at 2009, I am still in same height, please tell me masturbation will stop growth?
Hello my age is 21 and whenever I watched porn video my penis erect and after just few second its get back small and its very tight and not move so much after erect and its just down position not move smoothly wht is this tell me sir? And some time while watching porn I ejaculate automatically its weakness or something tell me which exercise is good for it pls tell me?
I feel pain in penis (jaisa kuch FASA hai). I didn't erect my penis till 3 days. Yesterday its erect but pain in penis and balls. No morning woods till 6 days.
The testes are an important part of the human reproductive system and are susceptible to injuries as well as internal problems. One such problem which is known to afflict younger men mostly from the age of 12 to 16 is testicular torsion. It can affect older men, but is commonly seen in the aforementioned age group. It is a painful condition that will require medical attention and if left untreated might even result in removal of the organ in rare cases.
What is testicular torsion?
There are many intricate functions performed by multiple blood vessels within the scrotum that supply the testes with blood. However, one of the testicles might rotate and thus end up twisting the spermatic cord. This cord brings blood to the testicles and if twisted, will reduce the flow of blood significantly. Thus the scrotum may swell up and also become quite painful.
Symptoms of testicular torsion
1. Significant swelling of the scrotum
2. Mild to extreme pain in the scrotum.
3. Abdominal pain, especially in the lower abdomen
4. Unusually positioned testicle such as one significantly higher, behind, or in front of the other one.
6. Feeling nauseated and may be accompanied by vomiting
7. Pain during urination
8. Inability to sleep or waking up in the middle of the night due to the constant pain
What causes testicular torsion?
In certain cases, testicular torsion may occur and then go away on its own when the testicle rotates, resulting in the untwisting of the spermatic cord (which is also known as de-torsion). However, it is still advisable to visit a doctor and ascertain what caused it so that the risk factor could be eliminated as torsion and de-torsion could keep happening frequently. Some of the common causes for testicular torsion are mentioned below.
- Hereditary factors: If someone in your family has suffered from this condition, you could be susceptible to it.
- Injuries: If you receive minor trauma such as the one during playing any kind of contact sports, outdoor activities or even while doing house work, it can be a reason of this condition as well.
- Activities that put stress on the scrotum: Heavy exercising or running in an unbalanced or improper manner can cause torsion as well.
- Improper sleeping positions: This can also cause torsion and is a common cause behind frequent torsion and de-torsion.
- Other factors: These factors can include excessively cold temperatures wherein the scrotum contracts rapidly and prolonged contraction can cause torsion. Even the rapid growth of the scrotum during the adolescent years after puberty may cause this. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.