Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Sachin Suresh BabuYour feedback matters!
I want to ask about my cousin. He' s 8 years old. 2 weeks ago he was feeling unconscious and lazy, we took him to sir gangaram hospital, delhi. Their doctors said he might be suffering from meningitis and later they discovered that it was a blood clot. A fluid in the brain was getting collected beacause of which swelling was their in the brain. And for that they did a operation making a hole and taking out some quantity of fluid, and bone from the back, lower part was also cut for some reason. When this child was born he suffered from jaundice because of which his whole blood was changed and because of that he suffered from a problem of listening so a machine was fitted in the brain so that he could hear and speak. And now because of a machine is fitted in the brain, doctors can not do his MRI. He is on ventilator from the first day. There is movement of his right hand, leg and eyes(but don' t know if he is able to see or not) but no left side movement. Doctors are saying his left side is paralyzed. Yesterday another minor operation was done in which now the ventilators air is being given through trachea. If you want I can give you the reports before the operation and after the operation if you want Please tell us what to do
Insomnia is a sleeping disorder, where an affected person suffers from sleeplessness and is unable to fall asleep or remain asleep for a long time which is required to stay healthy. Insomnia affects the functioning of the body and increases pain sensitivity of the body.
Insomnia has many cures and treatment options. Homeopathy is considered to be an important and very efficient form of medication, which treats insomnia and related sleeping disorders. Homeopathy eliminates the cause of insomnia from the roots, and both the disorders and symptoms are cured.
Here are some common homeopathic medicines, which are used to treat insomnia, along with the symptoms when they are prescribed for use:
- Arnica: It is used to ease patients when they overwork physically, and is also useful tor treating insomnia caused due to jet lag.
- Aconite: Aconite cures acute cases of insomnia, which results because of fear, shock, paranoia, grief or due to some bad news. Anxiety, tension and restlessness also cause insomnia, which is cured by aconite.
- Arsenicum album: This homeopathic remedy treats insomnia where a patient feels sleepy during the daytime, but cannot sleep at night. Restlessness and having bad dreams are observed.
- Calcarea phosphoric: This medicine treats insomniac patients who experience difficulty in waking up in the morning. The patient becomes anxious, restless and gets irritated easily and tends to avoid daily routine.
- Causticum: Causticum is used in cases of insomnia where bed wetting is likely by the patient, especially during the first phase of the night. The patient develops a fear of the dark and a strong sense of justice.
- Chamomilla: Used in cases of sleeplessness in babies where teething, anger or colics cause disruption in sleep. The eyes do not close completely during sleep, and the patient moans. It is also used in grown-ups who are irritable and peevish and experience fearful dreams.
- Cocculus: Cocculus cures insomnia, which occurs due to over exhaustion and over strain. It prevails in people who work during night shifts and need to spend sleepless nights due to work.
- Coffea: This homeopathic remedy is derived from coffee beans and provides relaxation to insomniac people. When a person gets over excited and is kept awake because of constant thoughts, coffea can calm that person and make him fall asleep.
- Equisetum: This homeopathic medicine cures insomnia where the patient wets the bed while dreaming. This happens due to immature nervous functioning.
- Ignatia: Ignatia treats insomnia occurring from extreme shock, grief or emotional stress. The patient becomes very moody, jerks his limbs during sleep and experiences disturbing dreams.
Homeopathy is an ideal treatment for insomnia or sleeplessness. Being natural, it works very efficiently without any side effects.
My son is 12 years old, last 3 years he has been diagnosed with migraine, he had treatment from a neurologist for around a year, yielding no good results, then he was given homeopathy treatment, after which he was also operated for adenoids.
Insomnia is a disorder where a person has difficulty sleeping. One can have problem falling asleep or staying asleep for long. Some people also have disturbed sleep. This can be a major problem as due to lack of sleep one feels tired and fatigued all day.
Recurring cases of insomnia hamper your daily activities and interfere with the smooth functioning of your life. Therefore, this condition should not be ignored and treated immediately.
Here are the various ways to treat insomnia:
Non-Medical (Cognitive and Behavioral treatment)
Several psychological and behavioral techniques can be used for the treatment of insomnia. Many of these methods can be easily self-taught and others require a therapist to be carried out properly.
- Relaxation training, which is also called progressive muscle relaxation involves the patient to tense and relax his muscles systematically in various parts or regions of the body. Relaxation techniques, such as breathing exercises, various forms of meditation, mindfulness and guided imagery are used for treating insomnia people. The use of audio recordings for guidance in these techniques is quite popular.
- Stimulus control enables building an association between the bedroom and sleep. This is done by limiting several kinds of activities done in a bedroom. This may include going to bed only when very sleepy and leaving bed if you cannot sleep within twenty minutes. A strict bedtime and wake up time schedule has to be maintained.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy or CBT involves changes in behavior like maintaining a strict sleep time schedule, elimination of afternoon naps and other habits related to sleep. A cognitive component is also added to this method. Unhealthy beliefs and fear regarding sleep are challenged and positive, rational thinking is encouraged. CBT is a very effective procedure for treating insomnia and the track record regarding success is high.
- Changes in lifestyle are required to treat insomnia and prevent recurrence of insomnia, you should change certain habits and start some new practices. You should limit your intake of caffeine, alcohol and nicotine. Do not consume coffee or tea before going to sleep and avoid smoking. The habits may be stimulating and will keep you awake. Your diet should be balanced. You should avoid having rich and spicy food before going to bed. Avoid late meals and maintain a proper schedule for meals. Regular exercise can improve the symptoms of insomnia and you should try to work out every day.
Medical Treatment: There are many forms of medicines, which can treat insomnia. This includes over-the-counter medicines, as well as prescribed medicines. The type of medicine required completely depends on the severity and symptoms of your insomnia and other factors related to health. Therefore, you must consult a doctor before having any kind of medicine for treating insomnia.
The most common medicines for insomnia, which are usually prescribed by doctors are benzodiazepine hypnotics, non-benzodiazepine hypnotics and melatonin receptor agonists. However, medicines should only be taken after consulting with a specialist. Insomnia not only affects your health but also interferes with all your daily activities. Proper treatment should be taken to treat the same. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.
I have suffering from migraine since last two years, my eye sight are ok even then I have these type of problem how and why?
I have a friend who is 22 yrs age but has brain developed of 10 years age. He is physically sound but has no social understanding and doesn't have quest for study. The patient has been taken to AIIMS and other special hospital as well but with no good. Please suggest where the should the patient be taken considering age. Thanks for the help.
Hello, I want to know the signs and symptoms of migraine! And the medicines available for it! I have severe headache problem!
My father is suffering from fits (mirgi Problem) from last 4-5 years kindly suggest me to get rid off from this problem.
I have problem of body shivering, mostly hands since 2 years. What is the reason behind that and what is the remedy for it? Also feeling very weakness.
Hi my name Aruna sawant age 33 yrs weight 52 height 5.3ft I always have a heavy ness in my body I tried very soon also no freshness after office I don't have any enery to do house work always tired my hand palms n legs Palm are always painfull never feel energetic n fresh , even indigestion problem
My mom is 65 years old diagnosed with neuropathy, no bp, no diabetes, burning and numbness in soles of feet more in the left foot she can not walk or stand for a long time. What treatment can be taken in ayurveda or homeopathy?
March 21st 2016 I was attacked by bell's palsy I consult to the neurologist and take treatment he said me to have medicines for 1 month and physiotherapy. The course had completed. But there is still 10 %of problem is there. Now what I have to do and what types of foods I have to take and which ones are not to take and if any exercises plzz tell to me. Thanking you sir.
I am 20 year old male and have been having kind of migraine since past 2 years. What should I do to completely terminate my migraine. I haven't taken any sort of tablets so faar but whenever I miss my meal and get in contact with Sun my migraine triggers. Please help.
I am 35 years old. In my childhood I had fits so I am given medicine and I am also injected. Now my problem is that my pines is very small as child has it. Is it the side effect of the medicine that I took in my childhood or some other reason. Is there any remedy for it?
I. have red eyes and often tears will come from eyes what to. Do? I am having migraine also give me any suggestion. i am allergic to brufen. Please help me.
My daughter is suffering from migraine pain for last 2 to 3 years. If it is curable please advice medicine.
Can I control shivering hands so that I can write. Can energy level be increased so that I can walk properly without falling down I have fallen down twice since last 5months. I am a old man of 65years suffering from parkinson. Please give useful tips on parkinson.
Sleep is the most essential part of our lives because it is the time when our body gets rejuvenated and recharged. However, due to numerous reasons, quite a few individuals fail to achieve proper sleep or any sleep at all. This condition in which a person is unable to sleep at night can be termed as insomnia.
Causes of insomnia
There can be varied reasons for different people that can cause insomnia.
- Unhealthy lifestyle i.e. improper sleep cycle, improper food habits, untimely naps, substance abuse etc.
- Medical conditions like sinus allergies, gastrointestinal problems, endocrine problems, arthritis, asthma, neurological condition like Parkinson’s disease, chronic back pain etc.
- Psychological conditions like depression and anxiety
- Certain medications aimed to cure other health problems
In case of the treatable medical reasons, insomnia is gone once the problem is treated. However, for people who have no idea as to why they suffer from insomnia, here are certain tips that can help in fighting it.
Lifestyle changes to cure insomnia
Starting with a significant lifestyle change can be a great way to change one’s sleep cycles and get a good night’s sleep.
- Maintain a proper and healthy diet, with more fruits and vegetables and less carbs and fat.
- Try to sleep and wake up at the same time everyday (despite the fact that you may not feel sleepy). This will train the body and regulate the body clock.
- Avoid afternoon naps or any short naps during the day.
- Exercise daily for at least 30 minutes.
- Avoid caffeine as it has contains properties that keeps a person up for long hours.
- Avoid intake of alcohol and nicotine. Although alcohol is associated with fun and partying, it is actually a depressant and causes improper sleep.
- Avoid any meal right before bed time.
Tips that can help
- Take a good, warm shower right before sleep.
- Ask your partner to give you a nice massage before bedtime.
- Restrict bed activities to sleep and sex only, nothing more.
- Make a really comfortable and inviting sleep environment.
- Try and get rid of all your worries before going to bed.
- Reduce stress using a number of stress reduction therapies like meditation, deep breathing, progressive muscle relaxation techniques, etc. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.