Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sachin MathurYour feedback matters!
Paan which is prepared using tender green betel leaf and areca nut is very popular and widely consumed in many countries of South and South East Asia such as India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Indonesia, and Malaysia. There are many variations to the preparation, some might contain tobacco, slaked lime paste also known as choona and a paste that is known as kattha which is a breath freshener.
The betel leaves used to make paan have a range of healing and curative benefits. The leaves contain vitamins such as niacin, riboflavin, vitamin C and many more. Chewing paan can, therefore, have a good impact on your health.
- Digestive Health: The chewing action when consuming paan helps to stimulate the salivary glands. This causes the secretion of saliva which contains the enzymes necessary to ensure that the food is properly broken down. This aids in a good digestion. Betel leaves are also very effective in relieving constipation. The extract of these leaves also have good gastro-protective properties and can, therefore, be used for treating gastric ulcers.
- Oral Health: The various variations or ingredients of paan such as the addition of cloves or fennel work as a mouth freshener. The betel leaf too helps to reduce or get rid of bacteria that cause bad breath. Chewing paan maintains ascorbic acid levels in saliva which can prevent and lower the risk of oral cancer. Ascorbic acid is an antioxidant which works to reduce the levels of free radicals in the body, this prevents cancer.
- Treatment for warts and boils: In the practice of ayurvedic medicine in India, betel leaves have been used as a cure for warts and boils. Treatments using betel leaves can permanently remove a wart without any scars. Therefore chewing betel leaves can help to cure and prevent boils and warts from forming in the mouth and other parts of the body.
- Treatment for common ailments: The analgesic properties of the betel leaf has made it very popular in traditional medicinal remedies in India for various ailments such as cough, headache and in the treatment of small cuts and wounds. The slight bitter taste of the leaf has an anti-diabetic property and can be used to control blood sugar levels.
- Treatment for skin disorders: The antimicrobial properties of the betel leaf make it a good natural treatment option for skin disorders such as rashes, acne, itching and body odours.
As with all things chewing paan can be both good but excess of the same can be bad. The health benefits of chewing paan are not widely known and they can be further enhanced by using ingredients that are good for your health. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
I am 28 years old mle and blood comes along with stool everyday and the same has been happening for last 10 odd years. Few years back I used to eat more street foods but now I have controlled this habit by a great margin but still this issue doesn't seem stop. Some quantity of blood is always there. Kindly let me know some home remedies to get rid of it. Thanks.
Hi, My age is 21 years and I am feeling giddy so much time and I can not wait for food what to do because sometime no food near I can not live without food what to do whenever I hungry I am feeling giddy is this normal and so much giddy what is the problem please tell me.
Please advice on BGR-34 for diabetes patient. Can allopathic medicines minimised after taking this medicine?
I am suffering from diarrhea for last three months. Had three sets if antibiotics but to no avail. Noe I just hope it gets better with Pranayam an yoga. Is that ok.
I am getting a gurgling sound in the stomach and feel heaviness in the upper abdomen. Also experience occasional period of indigestion during which motions are not normal tending to be more semi solid. I have got liver, kidney function tests done. Nothing serious came out except some rise in bilirubin. Ultrasound also did not reveal anything. I am attending yoga classes to improve check acidity, etc.
Is there any possible way of increasing the girth of the penis, a condom is loose in my penis, it feel life I can't use a condom. Please help me.
In a common diabetes is it necessary to eat medicine for life time or is there any complete solution and what precaution needed to avoid dangerous situation?
I am a football player and I travel and play football daily. I've noticed a lot of tanning on my skin and gradually I've lost my original skin color. Kindly suggest me any remedy which will yield quick and better results? Also, due to tanning my skin has become oily as well resulting to acne. Kindly revert!
I am facing fungal infection in my private ares since last 3 years. I used to use terbinafine Cream regularly & took the Tablets 2 times. Is there any permanent solution of this ?
My digestion is too fast. And my enzymes are not able to extract nutrients from my food. I'm loosing weight even after eating too much. I eat healthy food.
I have a black mucus problem due to which I feel allot of irritation while eating and feel some heaviness in my throat as well. This problem is around 18 months or so. Though all chest and lungs reports are Fine. Please help in removing black mucus.
My teeth is senitive. I have root canning on that part of teeth I brush 2 times with sensodine. Also I have constipation problem.
When I sleep in night then some time my sperm is coming out and never released that thing in night so please say me it is good thing or bad for my health?
Dengue fever, also known as breakbone fever, is a debilitating mosquito-borne disease common in tropical and subtropical regions of the world.
This type of fever is caused by any one of four closely related dengue viruses, which are related to the viruses that cause west nile infection and yellow fever.
Signs and symptoms of dengue fever
People get dengue fever after being bitten by an infected aedes mosquito. The virus does not spread directly from person to person. Symptoms usually occur between 3 to 10 days after being bitten and last for up to 10 days after the incubation period.
The most common symptoms include a high fever (104 degrees fahrenheit or 40 degrees celsius), severe headache, swollen lymph glands, muscle and joint pain, mild skin rashes, and mild to severe nausea. It may also cause mild bleeding from the nose or gums and easy bruising.
When the infection is not controlled in time, the disease develops into the life-threatening dengue hemorrhagic fever. People with a weak immune system or those who have had this infection more than once are more vulnerable to this problem.
The symptoms during this phase include profuse bleeding from the nose, abdominal pain, excessive vomiting, low blood platelet count, blood plasma leakage, respiratory distess, dangerously low blood pressure and problems with the lungs, liver and heart.
There is no commercially available vaccine or specific medicine, so prevention is better than any remedy or treatment.
If you believe you may be infected with dengue, you should see your doctor immediately. Also, be sure to rest, drink plenty of fluids and take steps to reduce the fever.