Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S.N.Khanna
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. S.N.KhannaYour feedback matters!
Sir I am serving in high altitude area after checking of CBC, cholesterol and uric acid it is found that Hb is 18.8, cho 233 and uric acid 8.5 what may cause and remedies.
I am pure vegetarian. My LDL cholesterol level is 122 mg/dl. How to reduce LDL cholesterol naturally? What are the reasons?
I am 22 years old man. My blood pressure is 160/100. Doctor gave me stamlo 5 mg but did not prescribe any tests. I don't smoke/drink/eat red meat. Is it right thing to do to just carry on with the medicine or is there a better way out. What should be the desired course of action. Is it a matter of grave concern. Please help. I don't want to have medicines all my life.
I'm 28 years old woman with 4 years old boy. My ht is 5.3 and wt 52 kgs. I have active lifestyle. My BP is always around 85/55 but I don't have any health issues. I exercise 3 times a week. I usually get about 6-7 hrs of slp. I'm worried as why my BP is low from 4-5 months. Pls advise. TIA.
I have high BP during waking hours (basal BP). Though it stabilizes during the day somewhat, it is the same story the next morning/day. I had CAD in 2008 and have DM-II and BP for the last 13 years and under medication. I snore and in the morning have blocked noses (thereby inhibiting breathing process ?) which eases as the day pass by. What are the contributory factors for this high BP? What parameters have to be checked in order to find the right reasons behind this anomaly.
Research related to change of diet has shown that certain kinds of foods can help lower blood pressure, both right away as well as in the long run. Let us take a look at fifteen good foods that help reduce high blood pressure:
- Bananas: There is high content of potassium in bananas, which helps to manage hypertension. Intake of potassium in our diet leads to the reduction of the effects of sodium and makes tension less severe.
- Beet Juice: Beet contains high amount of inorganic nitrate, which helps in the reduction of blood pressure.
- Berries: Strawberries and blueberries contain compounds which are antioxidant in nature, known as anthocyanins lead to an 8 percent reduction in their level of blood pressure.
- Dark Chocolate: Dark Chocolates which are rich in cocoa helps people to get their blood pressure level reduced and hence also assist them in getting rid of hypertension.
- Watermelon: Watermelon has amino acid known as citrulline, which helps to manage high blood pressure.
- Oats: Oats have a kind of fiber known as beta-glucan, which helps to reduce the level of cholesterol as well as blood pressure.
- Leafy Green Vegetables: Vegetables like cabbage, fennel, kale have rich content of nitrates, which help in managing blood pressure.
- Garlic: Garlic contains allicin, which helps to increase the production of nitric oxide in bodies and in turn dilute the blood vessels.
- Kiwi: Daily intake of kiwi can assist in reducing blood pressure among people, who suffer from moderate levels.
- Fermented Foods: Fermented foods have rich content of probiotics, hence play an important role in maintaining gut health.
- Lentils and Other Kinds of Pulses: Lentils are a great source of vegetarian protein and fiber, also result in reducing blood pressure.
- Natural Yogurt: Yogurt has high chance of reducing level of blood pressure among women, as per the American Heart Association.
- Pomegranates: If people, suffering from the problem of high blood pressure, drink 1 cup of pomegranate juice on a daily basis for 28 days, blood pressure gets reduce for short-term.
- Cinnamon: Taking Cinnamon in your diet can reduce systolic blood pressure by 5.39 mm Hg and Diastolic Blood Pressure by 2.6 mm Hg.
- Pistachios: Pistachios helps to decrease hypertension and existence of a particular compound in it can reduce the tightness of blood vessels.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!