Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S Kumar
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. S KumarYour feedback matters!
I and my family live in Noida. From some time me, my sister and my mom are getting a lot of whiteheads on our eyes, on our faces. Can you please suggest some medicine or remedy to curb them and get over with the existing whiteheads.
I have itching since 1 month of whole body. I get rashes. And it's also spread itching of my son. What should I do. I get medicine like ointment at all but nothing else. Lobate I used. I am 29 years old female.
Hello, I am 22 years old and I continuously losing my hairs and getting bald, When I scratch my head after bath when my Scalp is wet I found some sticky white I don't know what is it but every time I scratch it comes into my nails. My hairs are falling daily, I found hairs on my shoulders, my clothes, while studying my hairs fall on my book which I am reading, I am getting bald from front, and I am losing Hair density, I think this is due to that sticky white, is it Dandruff? Or it's a different reason behind hair fall? What can I do for it? Currently I am using Kesava Shampoo 2 times a week and Parachute oil daily. Please suggest healthy diet and I am pure vegetarian so no eggs and meat.
Hi I live in East Delhi and my sister has been suffering from scalp skin allergy for around 1 month because someone advised her to use mahashikhar vati for height increment and she took its 90 tablets in 45 days and then allergy was started so she left the course of another 90 tablets and she is 26 years old. Initially she ignored it because it is not that much but now it's increasing day by day and even there is complete hair loss on a particular portion of scalp. She went for dermatologist 2 or 3 weeks ago in govt hospital but there is no relieving sign till now even situation gets worse day by day. Kindly help me and suggest me what to do. And please tell me the best dermatologist in nearby area where she can go for best treatment.
I had applied garlic for my fungal infections in my forehead before 2 days. My forehead fungal infections left but garlic made my skin like burnt skin. I am really afraid will it leave marks in my forehead? Now I am jst applying coconut oil for my burnt skin in forehead .Can anyone help me to get out of this burnt marks?
Acne or acne vulgaris is a medical condition characterized by the appearance of an ugly and vulgar scourge on the face. Acne can cause scars, which are lifelong and can affect the self esteem and self-image of a person. Acne is more common in adolescents, but grown-up men too can suffer from acne. Acne in case of men is less severe, but still they are enough to spoil one's facial appearance.
Acne is caused because of several reasons, such as:
1. Overactive sebaceous glands: The trapped oil in the pores of the skin or follicles may result in blockage or blemishes. The sebaceous glands are responsible for creating oil, which helps in lubrication of the skin surface. Over secretion or overproduction of sebum from these glands may cause acne in men. Excess of oil stays in the pores, which blocks the sebaceous duct creating a follicle blockage. This causes acne.
2. Shedding of skin cells: The epidermis or topmost layer of the skin sheds dead skin cells and is replaced by new cells. When this process is hampered, extra skin cells are produced and the presence of lamellar granules in the skin gets lessened. This makes the skin prone to acne. More dead skin cells are produced, which are not shed properly and the cells remain stuck inside the follicles, which lead to acne.
3. Bacteria proliferation: A type of bacteria known as propionibacterium acne is found on the surface of the skin. When the propionibacterium acne grows out of control, acne are caused. Due to blockage caused by dead cells and excess oil, an anaerobic environment gets created and oxygen cannot pass through the pores.
- Treatment of acne is done by keeping the pores open. This is done by using various skin cleansers for exfoliation of the skin and removing dead skin cells.
- Some medicines which are available over-the-counter stores can be used to treat acne. The peroxide and glycolic acid present in the medicines prevent the formation of blockages.
- Chemical Peels work by removing dead skin cells and encouraging new ones to grow, leading to a fresher, more glowing you. A chemical formula is applied to the skin that removes the top layer of skin and reveals the softer, smoother skin beneath.
- The procedure is used all over the world to treat skin problems such as wrinkles and lines, acne scars, hyper-pigmentation, and sun damage - the results can be life-transforming.
- Several gels, lotions, pads and creams may help in exfoliation and cleansing of the skin. These products contain benzoyl peroxide, which helps in destroying bacteria responsible for triggering infection. They also contain Salicylic acid, which helps in unclogging of blockages.
- Several antibiotics can be consumed or rubbed on the surface of the skin for controlling bacterial growth. Certain vitamin A derivatives called retinoids also help in unclogging of the follicles. Some anti-inflammatory medicines can also treat acne.
Acne is a condition which is not just confined to teens and may occur in grown ups and adult males. Acne is irritating and must be eliminated using the various methods advised by your physician. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I have skin problems. My complete body is fine but I have a lot of pimple like small projections on my back and shoulders. Those projections don't make me feel pain when I touch them or even rub them. Neither the cause any irritation.
Sir i am facing serious hair fall from last 5 months on my scalp. My scalp is slightly itchy and rough and dry. No one of relatives faced this type of hair fall problems. And one more thing I have an habit of masturbating over the years .is masturbating reason for my hair fall. If I stopped masturbating my hair fall problem solve? Can I regrow my hair back again. I'm just 21. Please help Mee sirr.
Hello sir Aman Pathania blood group :- O+ I am suffering from oily skin problem, which make my skin looks so dull and due to small hairs my skin pores looks so bad. Please suggest me solutions which not only keep my skin oil free but also keep my skin pores behind my eyes and cheeks not visible. Please also tell me a solution to remove hairs behind my eyes and cheeks.
Lybrate | Dr. Goutam Bag speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY