Doctor in Sood Medical Centre
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Sood Medical CentreYour feedback matters!
The skin has underlying protein layers, mainly having collagen and keratin. With age, they lose elasticity and the skin begins to sag. This is where facelift gained popularity with various techniques including Botox, chemical fillers, laser beam treatment, and chemical peels. Read on to know how these minimally invasive, economic options work in literally lifting up the face:
- Laser treatment: A beam of laser (usually CO2 laser) is used to make small dots on the skin with normal skin left untouched in between. This causes tightening of the tissue underneath, producing a firmer appearance which can take off years from the appearance.
- Botox: This accidentally discovered neurotoxin is used to treat wrinkles and sagging skin. The sagging areas of the face (usually forehead and nasal folds) are injected with Botox. The wrinkles are gone and the fine lines are lost, and the result can last for up to 8 months.
- Fillers: Chemicals which are naturally present in the skin like hyaluronic acid and collagen extracts are injected into the skin to fill up the underlying skin and produce a fuller, younger appearance. The lower cheeks, corners of the eyes and mouth, and area under the eyes are commonly treated by this method.
- Chemical peeling: The top layer is often peeled off using chemicals so that fresh, younger-looking skin is generated. This also helps in reducing pigmentation, reducing forehead lines, de-tanning, and producing a glowing, radiant, younger-appearing skin. It also can be used in other skin conditions including rosacea.
While each of these is widely popular, they come with a set of potential risks and complications.
- Anaesthetic reaction: Most of the above procedures require local anaesthesia and there could be a reaction to this chemical.
- Hematoma: There could be small hematomas in the underneath layers of the skin, which will take some time but dissolve on its own
- Numbness/tingling: The face has a rich nerve supply, and if any of these are touched, there could be numbness or tingling or even loss of sensation in some cases. While some may improve with time, there also could be permanent damage
- Scarring: In chemical peels, there could be minor incisions and therefore scarring can happen.
- Delayed healing: Depending on the person’s immunity, healing could be delayed, and as it is the face, social and/or professional life can be affected.
- Infection: As with any surgery, chances of infection arise and can be managed with antibiotics.
- Bleeding: As most of these are non- or minimally-invasive, chances of severe bleeding are less but still persist.
- Bruising: The face, in the immediate postop period, can have a bruised appearance, which will improve over 4 to 5 days.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Lymphedema is a condition that typically affects the arms and legs. The most common cause of this condition is damage to the lymph nodes or their removal as part of a cancer treatment program. There is no known cure for this condition. However, surgeries such as Vascularized lymph node transfer surgery may help deal with it better.
Vascularized lymph node transfer surgery involves replacing the affected lymph nodes with healthy lymph nodes from other parts of the body. This allows blood to flow more easily and restores or augments the lymphatic drainage system. In most cases, the healthy lymph nodes are harvested from the patient’s groin. This procedure is relatively new, and its limits are still being explored by doctors. In cases of breast cancer that causes lymphedema in the upper limbs, this procedure may be performed along with breast reconstruction.
To be a viable candidate for this procedure the patient must have maximized control over lymphedema through other forms of lymphedema therapy. This therapy will need to be restarted after the surgery to ensure good results. The lymphedema diagnosis should also be less than 5 years old such that the patient’s lymphedema is in its early stages.
As with any other surgical procedure, there are certain risks associated with this procedure. These can include
- Reaction to anesthesia
- Scarring at the site and poor healing
- Damage to adjacent blood vessels
- Nerve damage that can cause a temporary loss of sensation
- Muscle weakness
- Numbness ta the sites from where healthy lymph nodes were harvested
- Risk of Lymphedema in the area where the lymph nodes were harvested from
After the surgery, the patient will need to keep pressure off the site where the lymph nodes have been transferred. The surgery site may be bandaged but compression garments will not need to be worn. On being discharged the patient may resume normal activities such as driving and work. High-intensity exercises that involve the use of the operated limb should be avoided for at least a month after the surgery. Compression garments should not be used until recommended by the doctor or a minimum of 2 weeks post-surgery. They will also need to schedule review consultations with the doctor. The schedule followed usually involves check-ups after 2 weeks, 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 9 months and 1 year. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
बालों का झड़ना और पकना आजकल आम बात है. हमारी बदलती जीवन शैली के कारण कई परेशानियाँ भी मिली हैं. बालों की समस्याएं भी इसी कड़ी में से है. जैसे-जैसे हम प्राकृतिक चीजों से दूर हो रहे हैं हमारी समस्याएं बढ़ती ही जा रही है. लेकिन अब धीरे-धीरे सभी लोग ये समझने लगे हैं कि प्राकृतिक उपचार ही सही है. हमारे स्वास्थ्य के लिए अत्यंत लाभकारी साबित होने वाली दही बालों और त्वचा के लिए भी उपयोगी है. दही का इस्तेमाल चेहरे पर ग्लो लाने के लिए भी किया जाता है. बालों की मजबूती और रुसी दूर करने के लिए भी इसका इस्तेमाल किया जाता है. दही आसानी से सभी घरों में उपलब्ध है और इसका इस्तेमाल भी आसान है. इसलिए आप इसका इस्तेमाल शैम्पू और साबुन की जगह करें तो काफी लाभ प्राप्त कर सकते हैं. दही में मौजूद गुण आपकी बालों की समस्याओं को दूर कर सकते हैं. आइए बालों में दही लगाने के फायदों को जानें.
1. बालों को कंडीशन करने में
दही को बालों के लिए एक प्राकृतिक कंडीशनर माना जाता है. इसका कारण ये है कि दही हमारे बालों को मुलायम और मजबूत बनाने में मदद करती है. इसकी न तो कोई साइड इफेक्ट है और न ही इससे कोई अन्य नुकसान है. बस इसे पूरे बालों में लगाइये और शावर कैप पहन लीजिये, जिससे दही बहे ना. फिर इसे 30 मिनट के लिये छोड़ कर बालों को धो लीजिये. ऐसा लगातार कुछ दिन तक करने से आप अपने बालों में फर्क महसूस करेंगे.
2. बाल मुलायम बनाने में
मुलायम बाल को ही सब पसंद करते हैं. क्योंकि आप मुलायम बालों को मनचाहा रूप दे सकते हैं. कंघी करने से लेकर स्टाइल बनाने तक में मुलायम बालों का ही महत्त्व है. यदि आप भी अपने बालों को मुलायम बनाना चाहते हैं तो इसके लिए दही को थोड़ी सी शहद के साथ मिला कर मास्क बना लें. फिर इस मास्क को अपने बालों में 15-20 मिनट तक लगाकर रखें. इसके बाद बालों को ठीक से धो लें और तब आप अपने बालों को मुलायम महसूस करेंगे.
3. चमकते बालों के लिए
बालों का चमकना भी सभी पसंद करते हैं. अपने बालों में चमक लाने के लिए कई लोग तो बाजार के तमाम क्रीम्स का इस्तेमाल करते हैं. इससे कुछ समय के लिए बाल चमकदार तो हो जाते हैं लेकिन बाद में इसके कई दुष्प्रभाव नजर आने लगते हैं. बालों में अगर थोड़ी चमक और नमी भरनी है तो दही को मायोनीज़ के साथ मिक्स कर के लगाएं. इसे बालों के आखिरी छोर तक लगाएं. फिर बालों को आधे घंटे बाद साधारण तरीके से धो लें. इससे आपके बाल मुलायम हो जायेंगे.
4. दो मुंहे बालों से मुक्ती के लिए
बालों की कई समस्याओं में से एक है दोमुंहे बालों की समस्या. दोमुंहे बालों से अक्सर महिलायें परेशान रहती हैं. लेकिन कहते हैं न कि हर परेशानी का एक हल होता है तो इसका भी हल है. दही की सहायता से आप अपने दोमुंहे बालों को ख़त्म कर सकते हैं. हफ्ते में दो दिन बालों में दही लगाइये, आपकी दो मुंहे बालों वाली समस्या समाप्त हो जाएगी. साथ ही बाल भी मजबूत बनेंगे. इस हिसाब से एक बेहतर विकल्प साबित होता है.
Are you observing uneven pigmentation on your skin? In this condition, the color of your skin may get different in different places and it affects people of all skin colors, types and backgrounds. Skin pigmentation may arise from several factors such as exposure to sunlight, skin damage, inflammation and certain genetic conditions. It is mostly caused due to an overproduction or underproduction of melanin.
Here are the different types of skin pigmentation
- Freckles: These are caused by clusters of concentrated melanin. These tend to darken with exposure to more sunlight. Freckles are more common in people with a fair complexion.
- Age spots or liver spots: These are also called solar lentigos. This is a type of skin pigmentation, which is mostly associated with aging and prolonged exposure to UV light. This condition is more common in people beyond the age of 40 as the skin starts losing its ability of repairing sun damage.
- Birthmarks: These are unusual blemishes on the skin, which are found during birth. They also develop some weeks after birth. Pigmented birthmarks and vascular birthmarks are the two primary types of this pigmentation.
- Melasma: Melasma occurs in both men and women. It is more common in women, especially among pregnant women who use contraceptive pills and women receiving hormone replacement therapy. The condition occurs due to over activation of melanocytes by estrogen and progesterone. When the skin gets exposed to sunlight, it leads to an increase in melanin production.
Post inflammatory hyper pigmentation
This condition arises due to an increased production of melanin because of inflammatory responses. The inflammation occurs during a trauma in the skin layers. It may occur due to various reasons such as acne, skin injury, infections, dermatitis, medications, allergic reactions and some medicines.
Treatment for skin pigmentation
For treating skin pigmentation which occurs because of melanin overproduction, it is recommended for you to get less exposed to sunlight, especially in the affected area. This will prevent the condition from worsening. You should always apply an SP 30+ sunscreen while going out in the sun and cover the affected area from sunlight. The treatment of skin pigmentation depends on several factors, such as the type and cause of pigmentation and the layer of skin where it occurs. There are several modes of treatment, which include pigmentation removal, skin peels, skin needling and many more. These are quite effective in the treatment of different skin pigmentation types.
It is recommended that you consult a skin specialist in case you experience any symptoms of skin pigmentation. This will enable you to have a quick diagnosis and after knowing about the type you are affected with, treatment steps can be started. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
The platelet rich plasma or PRP therapy has gained popularity as a hair restoration technique due to its high success rate. The platelet rich plasma from your blood is injected with a thin needle onto the scalp, which stimulates the hair growth naturally. The treatment is quite successful, has no side effects, and no medication is required post-treatment or during the treatment, making it the most popular hair treatment.
Things to know about the PRP treatment
On the morning of the PRP treatment, you will have to wash the hair, and you should steer clear from applying any other products. The primary benefits of PRP treatments are that it proffers fast results using the blood of the patient himself and is both affordable and cost effective. You will have no scars and need not take any medications after the process is completed.
The complete PRP injection procedure
In the PRP hair treatment, the doctor would first collect the sample of the patient’s blood, and the amount of the blood depends on the area of application. Then this blood is kept in a centrifuge which spins exceptionally fast so that the components of the blood can segregate easily. It takes about 15 minutes after which the separated plasma is prepared to be injected into the affected area. The entire procedure takes about an hour.
Since the treatment is meant for promoting healing and growth, no immediate difference can be noticed. It is only after a few months that one notices the healing in the treated area. The patients might also notice new hair growth in the treated area.
What are the other treatments meant for hair growth?
Alongside platelet rich plasma treatment, several other hair growth therapies exist, and some of them are discussed below:
- Hair grafting: Also referred to as hair transplant, hair grafting is an outpatient process which is performed in the dermatologist’s office. It is important to mention here that you can choose between two types of grafts- one is micro graft containing one to two hairs per graft while the other option is the punch graft that holds about 10 to 15 hairs. In this procedure, the surgeon removes a small portion of hair bearing scalp from the back portion of the head and cuts it into little segments with varying numbers of hairs. It is then grafted to the bald area to create a thickened natural look. You may need to undergo the treatment several times to achieve satisfactory results.
- Scalp reduction: This process involves the removal of non-hair bearing skin from the scalp so that the remaining part can be stretched for filling up the baldness. It is an effective means of reducing the bald area in the head, and this process is commonly opted for covering the back and top portion of the head. But you may have to take painkillers after the process, as one may experience pain and tightness in the scalp for a few months after the process.
With many men and women resorting to hair restoration techniques, plenty of treatment options are available. Choose the one that suits you best and enjoy your hair restoration phase. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I face a problem of hair fall and hair loss, past 11 months. Whenever I wash my hair or comb then 5 to 10 hair are fall and came in my hand or comb. Also I face a problem of dandruff and pollution in city which affect my hair.
If you've ever thought about how to rejuvenate your skin and make yourself look younger, chances are that you've heard about chemical peels. As the name suggests, getting a chemical peel involves the application of a chemical on the skin that causes the top layer to peel off. By doing this, a new layer of skin is exposed that is usually smoother than before. Chemical peels are often misunderstood and surrounded by a number of myths. Let's take a look at three common myths about this procedure:
All chemical peels are the same
All chemical peels are definitely not the same. Chemical peels can be categorized as light or superficial peels, medium peels and deep peels. A light peel removes only the top layer of skin to make your skin look brighter. Medium depth chemical peels penetrate deeper into the skin and are used to treat sun damage and pigmentation. Deep peels are the strongest type of peels that penetrate into the dermal layers of the skin. Chemical peels also vary on the basis of the chemical used.
It involves a long recovery
Though the process itself may not take long, the recovery time depends on the type of chemical peel procedure you have undergone. A superficial peel has virtually no recovery time and can be performed even during a working day's lunch break. Medium depth peels can cause discomfort for about an hour after the procedure and can take a few days to heel. During this time, your skin may look patchy and inflamed and may feel itchy. With a deep peel, the skin may heel in 2-3 weeks but usually remains red for a few months. Depending on the chemical used, you may also feel unwell after a deep peel.
It is beneficial only if you have a dermatological issue.
You don't need to suffer from a skin problem to undergo a chemical peel. Many women undergo a chemical peel simply to give their skin a glow and to brighten their skin. It can fix uneven skin pigmentation while making the skin smoother and softer to touch. Along with the face, chemical peels can also be done on the neck, chest, back and arms.
Chemical peels can do a lot for your skin as long as you choose the right peel for your skin and it is performed safely. All types of peels should be done by a dermatologist! In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
As we age, we lose a significant volume of fat on our faces, chest, legs and other parts of the body. This is a natural phenomenon and it leads to the sagging of skin. This drooping of skin is similar to a situation where our body structure and our dress does not match. The dress becomes loose fitting and out of shape. Laser skin tightening is a feasible option to rejuvenate your skin and is a common treatment prescribed by many cosmetic surgeons. It not only removes wrinkles but also restores your skin to its earlier youthful and glowing self. This cosmetic procedure is used by many people for their facial rejuvenation.
How does laser skin tightening work?
- A burst of energy directed at the facial skin through laser heats up the collagen underneath. Collagen is a substance that holds our skin together and when it is targeted by the laser, this substance restarts working. This procedure leads to the tightening up of the skin.
- Laser skin tightening is a non-invasive procedure and it has absolutely no downtime. The skin gets tightened up almost immediately after the laser treatment. However, optimal results show up after two to three sessions of laser treatment. This kind of skin treatment gives you a glowing, youthful skin. Patients wanting to remove worry lines, wrinkles etc. can opt for this cosmetic procedure.
- When laser targets the collagen underneath the skin, this substance starts regenerating itself and starts attracting collagen from the nearby areas. The final result is a substantial improvement in the skin quality.
Before and during laser skin tightening
- Before you go in for a laser skin tightening session, it is important to remove all make-up, mascara, oils etc. from your face. The clinic technician will then apply a local anesthetic on the chosen portion of the skin and will give you a pair of preventive spectacles. In case the patient has a low level of tolerance to pain induced by this procedure, she may be given an over the counter sedative.
- The skin dermatologist sends brief bursts of laser to the chosen portion of the skin through a set of handheld pads. A continuous supply of fresh air is also sent to the affected area for the patient’s comfort. Each laser skin tightening session lasts for roughly 30 minutes to 45 minutes. For best results, cosmetic dermatologists administer three to four sessions of laser skin tightening to the patients.
- After these sessions are over, the patients may resume their daily chores. Some patients may experience some redness or sores on their affected areas but by and large, there are very few side effects. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!