Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. S K SinhaYour feedback matters!
I have many family problems. I am depressed by seeing my dad's problems. I am so depressed only because of my family problems. So I get angry suddenly to everyone. I will over react to everyone. So please give me any solution to reduce my depression.
I want to be a singer and my voice is not at all good! I really want to see a change in my voice: and for that all I need is expert's advice. Advice about the time of exercise I should do to make my voice good and wht should I have to eat and what should I have not to? A full detailed chart from you all! I seriously need help Nd I want someone among uH to help me plz.
I can't study for more than 30 minutes. I'm an engineering student. Please suggest me some tips to improve my concentration.
Can psychology help you get better life? The answer is yes. You got to have a proper psychological balance so that you can get a planned and peaceful life. You can now get innumerable benefits by having proper and perfect psychological support.
10 psychological ways for getting an improved life
- Get acute motivation: If you are fully motivated towards life, then you will get success in every phase of your life. This is why you must take psychological help from a doctor.
- Improving leadership skills: Psychology can improve your leadership skills to a great extent and thus you can influence your team members.
- Becoming a better communicator: A better listener is a good communicator and if you want to become a good listener, then you got to have enough patience and this quality can be gained only through psychological help.
- Having better understanding about others: You should understand people well, otherwise, you might face great difficulty in interaction or communication with others.
- Making accurate decisions: Taking accurate decisions in life is a great necessity, otherwise, you will not be able to lead a comfortable life. You get more confidence and take the right decisions when you take psychological help.
- Improving your memory: You can get enhanced memory power and thus can remember things much easily and freely. If you are a student, then psychological help or counselling will be a great help for you.
- Making wise financial decisions: You can now get the capability of taking independent and wise financial decisions on your own without taking the assistance of others and this is possible only by receiving proper psychological help.
- Getting better grades: You can concentrate on studies well, as a result of which higher grades can be easily earned. You will face no hindrances and can study with a peaceful mind.
- Becoming more productive: you can get higher physical and mental productivity as a result of which all your objectives can get fulfilled. If you remain energetic, then you can perform your duties well.
- Healthy living: If you are psychologically strong, then you can lead a healthy life. Depressed or stressed-out mind cannot help you to live properly, and thus you are in need of a stable mental condition. Healthy mind will help you to take proper decisions and these decisions are helpful in staying healthy without inviting any complications.
I am a boy but I have interested to sex with boys. I don't have any sex feelings on girls. My mind always concentrate on sex videos that to only gay boys videos. Pls solve the problem I want feelings on girl.
I am taking so much tension even though the problem is very small. So I want to know is this kind if disease and if this is disease then what is the medical remedy.
01. Disturbance in the memory 02. Wants to do things in a hurry 03. Strange ideas and notions along With fears come into my mind 04. Looking forward to times when I am Nervous 05. Thinks understanding will and Must fail 06. Fear of death 07. Sadness, confusion and melancholy 08. Faintish and unsteady And also situation make worse in hot weather I have these problem. What is that type problems. please tell me some medicine.
I have three brothers in which one of my brother is suffering from disability and at present I am studying but I always depressed that if I couldn't be a good man than what will happen?
I am 36 years old woman. I have anxiety problem. I feel unhappiness & insecure without any reason. Sometimes depressed too. What diet should I follow & to avoid what? please help.
My issue is that I feel sad daily about 4 years and not interested in any activities and I'm not enjoying any activities and feeling hopelessness and fear with talking people not and feel heavy pressure of own work and lost my studies about 2 years and I feel I need a lover who loves more than her and I feel low and low everyday, one thing I feel tensed but I don't know the reason behind it, in my school days I'm brilliant student now I'm zero and I'm not able to do any work, I cannot take care of myself and confused in life, and many things happens to me like this only.
It may sometimes so happen that your partner may prefer texting someone else over talking to you. Also sometimes this seemingly harmless habit can turn into an obsession, when your partner just can’t help but steal glances at his phone while you two are trying to enjoy a romantic dinner. If this turns into a constant habit that just doesn’t wear off, then chances are you’re being phubbed by your partner, and what is happening to you has a specific name. It’s called p-phubbing, which is the act of snubbing your partner by being glued to the phone.
What phubbing is doing to your relationships?
Research shows that Mumbai is the most major hub of phubbing in India. However, the spread of phubbing is not just restricted to Mumbai and has made its presence felt in other metropolitans of the country. Phubbing has led to serious relationship troubles among most couples. James A. Roberts, a professor at Baylor University, co-authored a recent study on phubbing which was published in the journal Computers in Human Behaviour. The study revealed some shocking statistics.
1. More than 46% people complained of being phubbed by their partners
2. More than 22% confessed that phubbing is a major issue in their relationship
3. And about 37% said that being phubbed makes them feel depressed at some point of time.
The study also said that there’s a direct link between phubbing and relationship issues. Phubbing is particularly problematic for those with an anxious attachment style (which makes up 20% of the population of the world), although its effects are also felt on the rest of us. More and more people feel dissatisfied with their partners who ignore them or cut them short mid-sentence to check their phones. Many even feel that their partner is no longer interested in them. For quite a few people it’s the reason behind feelings of insecurity, neglect and depression, and dissatisfaction with life in general. In fact, the study showed that some people had gone as far as ending their relationship as the situation had worsened to a level where it could not be handled.
How can you combat it?
Phubbing now poses as a social evil that must be weeded out of society. If you and your partner suffer at the hands of phubbing, then there are certain things you can do to combat it.
1. The easiest way to put an end to it is to tell your partner how it makes you feel.
2. Make certain rules regarding cellphone use when out on a date, or just spending quality time with each other at home.
3. Alternatively, you can try your partner to quit the habit by leading by example. Don’t use your cellphone at all when with your partner, and show him that spending quality time with him is more important.
4. You can also try educating your partner on the ill-effects of phubbing and how it can adversely impact your relationship. This is best done when you catch him in the act.
Sometimes your partner may not be consciously phubbing you or showing signs of an obsessive phubber, but it is still important to correct his wrong habits. Most importantly cellphones were invented to bring humanity closer, and not distance people even while they are sitting in the same room. So keep that in mind, and put an end to this unhealthy habit.