Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. S.K. MallickYour feedback matters!
I have itching in my body for the past 4 days. I do not know whether it is due to increase in temperature. I avoid going between 11 am and 4 pm Will you please prescribe tablet for in intake. I apply caladryl lotion and use absorb powder Please prescribe medicine/tablet for intake. Thanks.
I have hairfall on my head and some hair fallen also. What's the home remedy for this. And the hair also become white. Is it water problem?
I am having heavy hairfall, since last two. Months. My family background is also of baldness (alopecia ) I am applying tugain 5% lotion n having shelcal ct and keraboost tablet but not going well as expected, please suggest me the best way I do not want to see my self bald, what are the precautions n care to do so? please reply.
I am 22 year female, my problem is that I have thin hair. I wanna grow them thick n long. Can you please recommend some home made remedies or ayurvedic medicines with no side effects.
How to reduce the hair breakage my hair more more breakage (bathing towel comb pillow etc.) then tell home remedy (how to thickness my hair) pls tell all type of question (my father my grandfather no baldness) me temple side so much of hairfall pls pls tell home remedy.
I have a lot of pimples on my face so would you please suggest me any medicine to overcome this problem thank you.
Am getting glucytis like small pimples on my tongue while after am taking tea or high amount of sweets am suffering with these very badly would please suggest me what to do?
Hey doctor, i am 18 and these days iam having the dark circles around my eyes, these things are really turing black I do sleep for 6-8 hours a day I dont know what to do or wat cream or remedy to apply to remove these?
There was violet colour patches on my daughter's palm when she returned to home from school. In next day the colour intensity automatically reduced and in the next day is vanished. This cycle is repeated for every 15 days. We consulted with a dermatologist also. He also couldn't find any route cause. Will there b any problem with her blood or with any glands?
I have a black mark on my neck I didn't notice when it appears, can you tell me how to get rid of this problem.
The skin is one of the most delicate, yet at times, the most ignored part of the body. Human skin consists of three layers, namely, Epidermis, Dermis and Hypodermis:
Epidermis is the outermost layer of the body and provides protection to the skin. The amount of Melanin in the epidermis is responsible for the variation of skin colour.
The second layer, Dermis protects the body from stress and strains and also nourishes the epidermis.
The deepest layer, Hypodermis also known as subcutaneous tissue, conserves energy. It is made up of cells with the purpose of storing fat, to be utilized by the body.
A person's skin keeps on changing throughout the human life. It becomes thinner with the age, because of the ever changing hormonal production. With increasing age your skin also begins to age, losing its glow and becoming drier leading to larger pores, breakouts, wrinkles, dark circles, sagginess, patches, etc.
Following changes occur in the skin at different age groups:
- Infants: The skin of newborns is very delicate, often red/pinkish or purple in colour. The skin of babies keeps on developing with each passing day. Their skin is thinner and sensitive. Also, the newborn skin is more prone to infections and allergies, which is why it is always advisable to use hand-sanitizers before even touching a baby, since a small infection might lead to a bigger issue for newborns. Premature babies generally have transparent skin vis-a-vis skin of full term babies, who are born with fully developed thicker skin.
- Toddlers: The skin of toddlers as compared to infants is more developed and bright, and it keeps on changing as your toddler grows.
- Adolescents: The skin of adolescents is tougher and undergoes a major change because of the various hormonal changes that happen during this phase of the human body. To name a few, adolescents will experience an increase in sebum production, arm sweating, pubic hair growth, pimples, acne (Learn more about Acne and Scars), etc.
- Adulthood: Oil production, breakouts, larger skin pores are a few of the skin changes that start as the body also starts to age. The skin might experience acne and dryness in this stage.
- Maturity: Exposure to sun, less intake of water, thinning of the epidermis and lack of proper skin care leads to various skin related changes. These include skin pigmentation, wrinkles, losing of elasticity, paler skin, dryness, expression lines, thinner and drier skin.
- Old-age: During this phase of age, the human skin dries, becomes looser, veins become to be more visible, appearance of age-spots, sagging of skin, patchy skin are issues that humans are exposed to face.
Any skin related issue should be taken up and discussed with Dermatologist/Skin Specialist to find the best cure to the problem.
I'm 20 years old my problem is that I have a dandruff problem and even on my eye lashes I get something accumulated on it.
Salmon has wonderful skin heart and mood benefits morever it is high in omega 3 fats protein that boosts collagen in the skin and helps fight inflammation all this attributes of this fish are essential for beating acne