Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. S.K.DasYour feedback matters!
She is being diagnosed with Carcinoma in Sigmoid colon 1st stage please suggest us with further procedure.
What are the symptoms of skin cancer. If a person suffer from the skin cancer. How can he will be safe from the skin cancer and what is the limit of the skin cancer.
I have red itchy pimples on my both breasts. It occurs twice a week. Is this some kind of cancer. Tell me.
I am 72 years old retd engineer male, I'm suffering from gall bladder stone and prostate enlargement blocking urine passing? What should I do?
Sir recently doctors have done surgery of breast cancer (mastectomy. Which precaution I should take after surgery.
Which things we can give to a patient of cancer after a dose. And which all things can we give to eat to a patient suffering from cancer.
Sir. I am suffering with prostate infection. From few months. Now I am taking medicine. Some what better now. My wife had three miscarriages in last three years. By continuing medicine can I try for children.
Cancer can be a traumatic experience not only for the person concerned, but also for their family members and loved ones. If cancer is dreadful, surviving through the treatments, especially chemotherapy, is no less than a struggle in itself. Some people are left physically, mentally and emotionally exhausted after chemotherapy sessions.
Thus, it goes without saying that the affected person should take good care of their health. They should remember and follow few simple yet effective points before and after chemotherapy.
- Love yourself: Chemotherapy can affect your physical appearance. Do not allow this to affect you or your confidence. You are a brave person. Love yourself, be proud and confident of your body. You don't need others to tell you how beautiful you are.
- Healthy foods for a healthy you: After chemotherapy, people often lose their appetite. Even the tastiest of foods appear unpalatable to them. Skipping the meals will only deteriorate your health. Try and help yourself with small servings at regular intervals of time. Fish, eggs, dairy product (low-fat) are an excellent source of proteins and should be a part of your diet.
- A healthy dental hygiene: Chemotherapy can result in Oral Mucositis (a condition that may cause mouth sores) in some patients. Practice a good dental hygiene. Brush your teeth thrice daily. To speed up the healing process, one can rinse the mouth with a mild mouthwash or salt water (after every meal). Avoid foods that can aggravate the condition (particularly hot and spicy foods).
- Keep your body hydrated: Chemotherapy can leave the skin rough and dry. Keeping the skin hydrated is important. The benefits of water are not new to people. Drink water to keep your skin and body hydrated. Take small sips throughout the day. A well-hydrated body will help in eliminating the toxins effectively.
- Stay in shape: People often tend to put on few kilos during chemotherapy. Weight gain may not be a healthy idea during the treatment. Maintain a healthy body weight. Try and avoid foods that are high in carbohydrate and fat content. Include more of vegetables in your diet.
- Keep constipation at bay: Constipation is one of the common menaces associated with chemotherapy. While it is important to keep yourself hydrated, including fibrous foods and vegetables in your diet can also help to deal with constipation better.
- Many people complain of nausea and vomiting after chemotherapy: While the condition can be highly uncomfortable, there are ways to ease the discomfort. Try and avoid foods that are very oily or those that have a characteristic strong odor. Ginger tea, peppermint candies can be helpful. Many people also benefit from Acupressure bands. Take rest till you fell better.
- Chemotherapy can be stressful: Meditation and light to moderate walking or breathing exercise can help you relax better. Try and be as happy and cheerful as possible.
- Diarrhea is one of the side effects of chemotherapy: Severe diarrhea can dehydrate your body. Thus, drink water and other (doctor recommended) fluids frequently. It is best to avoid high-fiber foods, foods rich in potassium, or those that can irritate the digestive system (hot and spicy foods).
- Alcohol is a bane best avoided: Avoid alcohol during Chemotherapy sessions. It can have deleterious effects on the health, leading to various complications and health disorders. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an oncologist.
I am a 71 year old man, healthy, active and strong. When having sex with wife, I prolong to make her reach her climax as she has circumcised her clitoris and labia minor. It takes time. But in the bargain, my corona becomes numb PERHAPS and do not reach climax, in the end! Please tell me whether it could be from Prostate, or else?
GOOD LIFESTYLE CAN SHRINK TUMORS & COMBAT CANCER.
We exactly do not know what causes Cancer & but there are various organizations that are working hard to continuously review and assess the body of evidence on diet, physical activity and cancer.
The 2007 report by WCRF/AICR International state 10 point recommendation for prevention of Cancer.
AICR RECOMMENDATIONS FOR CANCER PREVENTION:
1. Be as lean as possible without becoming underweight.
2. Be physically active for at least 30 minutes every day.
3. Avoid sugary drinks. Limit consumption of energy-dense foods (particularly processed foods high in sugar, or low in fiber, or high in fat).
4. Eat more of a variety of vegetables, fruits, whole grains and legumes, such as beans.
5. Limit consumption of red meats, such as beef, pork and lamb, and avoid processed meats.
6. If consumed at all, limit alcoholic drinks to 2 for men and 1 for women a day.
7. Limit consumption of salty foods and foods processed with salt (sodium).
8. Don’t use supplements to protect against cancer. Special Population Recommendations
9. It’s best for mothers to breastfeed exclusively for six months and then add other liquids and foods.
10. After treatment, cancer survivors should follow the recommendations for cancer prevention. And always remember – do not smoke or chew tobacco
RULE OF THUMB FOR PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
Use these tips to make more walking part of your day:
• Start parking at the perimeter of the lot or two blocks away if you’re using street parking, instead of trying to get as close as possible to your destination.
• If you take public transportation, get off the train or bus when you are a stop away.
• Take the stairs instead of the elevator. If you’re heading for the 20th floor, walk up a few flights and then catch the elevator.
• Recruit a partner for after-lunch walks.
• Go for a 30-minute walk every day, or two 15-minute walks: one each morning and one each evening. These changes may mean you have to leave the house 15 or 20 minutes earlier.
The goal is lifelong health, so reset your alarm. On weekends, walk when doing your errands or to other destinations like museums or movies.
My uncle is suffers from prostate gland problem. What is ideal diet for this problem before operation?
My KUB ultrasound shows prostate weight of 25 grams, and REDUCED ECHOES from prostate. My urinary frequency is higher than normal, and I also get up one to two times during sleep to urinate. Ejaculation causes mild burning and discomfort in lower abdomen and sometimes penis. ALSO, in August 2015, I had a very severe bout of pain and burning in my genitals (penis, scrotum, perineum) and lower abdomen (just above penis). It lasted for 3 months. It was triggered by frequent ejaculation. Since then, I have reduced the frequency of ejaculation to once a week. What could I be suffering from? Should I get TRUS or PSA test done? What do reduced echoes from prostate signify?
Hello sir can help to know that if 5 sign of blood cancer coz I have stomach infection ,I'm 25 year old boy. please inform me.
1) vitamin c rich foods
Citrus fruits, guava, amla, tomato, green leafy vegetables all of them are high in vitamin c. This element prevents the formation of cancer-causing nitrogen compounds.
Berries top the charts when it comes to cancer fighting foods. Pterostilbene, an antioxidant found in berries is a storehouse of cancer fighting properties
3) sweet potatoes
Sweet potato is full of beta carotene. Studies have revealed that consumption of high beta carotene foods like yellow, red, green colored fruits and veggies reduce the risk of various cancers.
Omega 3 fatty acids prevents the growth of cancer by preventing the growth of cancer cells and interrupting the growth of cancerous tumor. Omega-3 fatty acids also help reduce inflammation. Along with fatty fish, one can also include a tbsp of flaxseed in your daily diet.
Curcumin, the active ingredient in turmeric, acts as both an anti-inflammatory and an antioxidant, and prevents cancer by interfering with aspects of cellular signaling
5) green tea
Tea contains catechins compounds, these compounds restrict the growth of cancer.
6) cruciferous vegetables
Cruciferous vegetables like cauliflower, broccoli cabbage contain phytonutrients which may help inhibit the metabolism of carcinogens and stimulate the body's production of detoxification enzymes.
It contains lycopene which helps prevent prostate and other types of cancer.
Pomegranates are rich in ellagic acid. It slows down cancer cell growth and deactivate cancer-causing compounds.
Again, a food rich in anti-cancer substances including allicin.