Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Rooma BansalYour feedback matters!
My mensuration stopped on 15th may and on 18 the may I had done intercourse with my husband is there any 1% chance to get pregnant?
5 bizarre sex accidents that have happened to real people
These sex accidents have actually happened to real people.
Sex is supposed to be fun, exciting and even relaxing, but sometimes, things might not go as planned.
Things can go wrong when people try to experiment or take risks without being sensible about it. Below are 5 sex accidents that have actually happened to real people.
Vaginal cuts - Small tears or cuts in the vagina are the most common sex accident and it is the direct result of rough sex, without proper lubrication.
Broken penis - Although there aren't actually any bones in the penis, it can still be broken. The condition is known as penile fracture and it occurs when the erect penis sustains the extreme force. A cracking or popping sound, immediate loss of erection, swelling, bruising and deep pain are the most common symptoms of a penile fracture. As embarrassing as it might be for some men, the solution is to rush to the hospital, waiting can result in deep scarring that can alter the shape of the penis and is much harder to treat.
Wrong lubricant - There is only one thing that should ever be used as lubricant during sex - that is a lubricant. Using other substances such as Vaseline, baby oil, cooking oil or toothpaste can result in serious rushes, genital infection for both partners and even poisoning. Check the labels of over-the-counter lubricant as you should also avoid ingredients
Blocked rectum - Far from being an urban myth, this is a highly common and equally embarrassing sex accident. During sexual experimentation, people have inserted all sorts of objects, including candles in their rectum. Depending on the softness of the object, it might be possible for doctors to remove it without causing too much damage. But in extreme cases, it can cause rupture of the anus area.
Blocked vagina - Another point of entry for sexual creativity and experimentation is the vagina. Cell phones, cans, and bottles have been recovered from women's vaginas in various hospitals around the globe.
Hello Doc, I can see tiny white boils bit below and around my vaginal opening. They are very itchy. They do not burn. Only itching. I had visited my gynac for same reason she said it's a light infection and prescribed me 2 nuforce tablets and candid V gel. It was quite ok for few days but now again I can see much boils and more itching. Please help me get rid of this.
Breastfeeding is advocated to be the only best thing for a newborn. But while it is the most natural thing to do, it isn't an easy process. It is challenging and full of surprises. Researches throw up facts that surprise all. For example: breastfeeding is like a shield against breast cancer.
Here are 3 such lesser known facts:
1. The milk contents - ever wondered what your baby thinks of the taste of your breast milk. Well, the fact is that your breast milk is tailor-made for your baby. From the taste to its benefits, it is a full course meal. When the feeding begins, the milk is watery. This is to quench the baby's thirst. Then the consistency thickens and the milk becomes higher in fat content. This meets your baby's electrolyte needs as well as energy requirement. Want to know something more amazing? through the day, your breasts milk's properties keep changing. By evening, it has higher sedating properties and helps the baby's body meet nutritional demands. This should explain that satisfied smile babies have when they sleep right after their feeds.
2. Variation in milk production - it is okay and natural if you feel you are lopsided. Many breastfeeding mothers feel that one breast is heavier than the other since it produces more milk. This is possible and happens a lot. Our body is not perfectly symmetrical between left and right. This applies to breasts as well and shouldn't be worried about. Because of this, milk production can also vary between both the breasts.
3. It causes weightloss - some women are known to lose their pregnancy weight by breastfeeding. Yes, this is also a lesser known fact. Breast milk happens to be a high calorie food which the baby literally sucks off the mother's body. This leads to shrinking of the mother's body.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
I'm 30 year old woman, my both breasts have pain for 1 year, and also those are differ in sizes. What should I do?
I am 28M married for 1.5 years. Me and my wife were planning for baby for almost an year and was not successful. My Semen analysis showed that I have 1 million count and 50% motility. Repeated my SA at various labs and results were same. Went to infertility centres and they gave me hormone injections and tablets. I have been in medication for past 4 months, but no improvement in my sperm count. My wife has no complications other than low amh levels. What is the chance of me fathering a child by going for infertility treatment. Will IUI work. Or should I have to try IVF / ICSI. What would be the success rates?
Hi doctor, actually I gave birth for baby boy on Jan 1, by normal delivery and later after one week my sutures got teared so visited gp thy said it's epistomy sutures superficial opened am cleaning daily with dettol with luke warm water so how many days it will take to heal. And last night we tried doing sex, but I had serve pain ND I had discharge of blood, so what is the problem may I know please.
Some tips for newly pregnant women approx 15 days. For healthy children What type of food is required.
I have been diagnosed pcod. It's been two years I haven't taken any medications. My periods are quite regular. I have put on some weight these days. I have acne prone skin n extra facial hair. The hair in my chin area is thick n bushy. What should be done?
I am maintained physical contact with my girlfriend. We both were tested in ictc center. That result is non-reactive to both. But at the time of testing only completed 2 months ofter the participated in sex. Have any chance to get hiv?
I am 25 years I had sex for the first time with my boy friend and now I am feeling that my vagina is bit loose please suggest me how to tighten vaginal walls and is there any remedy to regain hymen Please suggest.
Mindless munching is usually caused by boredom as well as stress and fatigue, in many cases. Also, not eating your meals on time is another reason why we suddenly feel hungry and end up eating all types of wrong food. This kind of mindless munching usually makes us ingest empty calories, which can make us put on weight and face other health issues in the long run as well. Many of these snacks also contain lots of oil, fat and salt which can cause a range of diseases like diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure and other cardiovascular conditions.
So, how can you cut down on mindless munching? Read on to know more!
- Visual reminders: A great way to ensure that you do not succumb to sudden and unhealthy cravings is to place visual reminders on your desk and on the fridge. Get a print out of the things that motivate you, eating healthy, the daily calorie intake that you need to follow, your goal weight it can be anything! Place these around you so that you realise how much better off you are without the mindless eating.
- Small plates and tall glasses: You can use tall glasses in order to ensure that you are ingesting plenty of water. Many times, mental hunger can be cured with a big glass of water. So even when you are having a snack or a meal, keep a tall glass of water to fill yourself up instead of feeling hungry later and eating mindlessly. Also, use smaller crockery in order to eat less. As per psychologists, this tends to have a bearing on the eating patterns of the person by creating a visual reminder of one helping at a time.
- Variety: Eat all colors of food in order to get more variety, but limit the variety to more healthy food. Keep the various kinds of chips and wafers away from your home and pantry so that you have no choice, but to snack on fruit and dry fruit as well as other healthy options when the munchies strike!
- Be deliberate and present: When you eat slowly, you allow the satisfaction of a good meal to wash over you. This ensures that you have less scope to indulge in mindless eating later. Also, you will feel fuller when you have been more deliberate and present with your meal. This can be done by switching off all devices and the television or smart phone, in particular and actually taking the time to enjoy your food. Many psychologists say that distractions tend to make us eat more, and more often. So it is best to cut these out before you start eating. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
Hypoglycemia is a condition that is associated with a lower amount of glucose in the body. Since glucose is the main source of energy in the body, it creates quite a few complications in the body. In a majority of the cases, this condition is associated with diabetes. Hypoglycemia, like fever, is not a disease but a disease indicator. A quick fix to keep hypoglycemia under check is to ensure that a patient intakes high-sugar food. A long-term fix involves a doctor treating a patient for the root cause.
What are the common symptoms?
The body needs a constant supply of glucose to carry out the daily function. In a case of short supply, it presents with the following symptoms:
As the condition worsens, the symptoms can aggravate to the following conditions:
- Frequent seizures b. Inability to complete daily work due to confusion
- Sudden loss of consciousness
- Problems related to vision such as blurred vision
People with an acute hypoglycemia can get a feeling of intoxication at times. Words get slurred while they talk.
What are the causes?
Glucose is one of the many sugar molecules that the body produces when it digests food. Glucose is one such sugar component and is the driver of energy. There are 2 reasons of diabetes. If the pancreas can’t produce enough insulin or the body is incapable of responding to the insulin. This results in a logjam of glucose in the body. To address the problem, intake of insulin is required. Too much of insulin intake can result in hypoglycemia. The latter can also befall if an adequate amount of food is not consumed while going through a medicine course of diabetes. Even too much of working out while consuming diabetic medicine can also result in hypoglycemia.
Other probable causes:
- Alcohol consumption- A regular drinker who eats less runs a heavy risk of suffering from hypoglycemia. This blocks the liver and the latter can refrain from releasing glucose.
- Critical illness- Hypoglycemia may occur from certain critical illnesses such as liver illness, kidney disorder, frequent starvation etc.
- Overproduction of the insulin- A tumour of the pancreas known as the insulinoma causes the body over-produce insulin.
- Hormonal deficiencies- Disorders related to the pituitary gland and adrenal gland runs a serious risk of suffering of hypoglycemia due to hormonal deficiencies.
What are the complications?
Some of the common complications of this conditions include loss of consciousness, seizures and at times even death. Frequent episodes of hypoglycemia can make a person go numb and speechless.
A doctor typically asks a patient to go for a fast of 12 hours in a hospital setting and then test the glucose level in the blood. It ensures that the body exhibits the correct symptoms of hypoglycemia. The doctor analyses the blood sample report and decides whether a person has this condition. The last and the final confirmation comes when the symptoms of hypoglycemia go away as soon as the blood sugar levels are increased.
In the case of a diabetic patient, it is necessary to ensure that a constant evaluation of the blood sugar level happens from time to time. Eating and medicine schedules need to be adhered to. Exercise too is important. All this needs to be done in consultation with the doctor.