Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Rooma BansalYour feedback matters!
Sir I want to family planning. How to get pregnant much chance to plan a child. What is right time for get pregnant from mc period?
After delivery weight loss is a big problem for me. I am trying to loss my weight but its not working.
Hello doc, from last 7 months I am trying to conceive bt could not. Reports are ok of mine and husband. But nothing happening. Married for 2 and half yrs. My periods are also regular. Bt wat I am marking is from last some months I feel uneasy and pain in back and stomach much before my period starts. Around 10 days before. This month my period is due at 14th. But from last three days I am feeling uneasy. My upper part of stomach specially last portion wer chest finishes and upper part of stomach starts, in the middle part, is aching. If someone presses lightly there I feel good. This time pain has increased. Pain during periods is normal to me. But much before periods is only giving frustration tats too am noticing after mrg .wat may be the cause. Periods or gas I do not understand. But pain feel is same. Why also not conceiving tat is another strain. Pls help.
I'm 51 years old female I was having monthly periods regularly till may 2016 But after that I did not get the period I think it is due to menopause How do l know for sure Do I need to get any test done If yes what.
Hi, I missed my period 9 days back, today I have verified the home pregnancy but it is -ve. Shall I wait for couple of days or better to consult with the doctor.
Hi, I am pregnant, in my 8th month and I am in USA. Recently I got a dental gum pain, followed by left face pain and now the whole head s paining. I consulted a dentist and a ENT specialist. Dentist says he can see gum irritation but no infection. General physician says no ear infection, no inflammation in the nasal tract.. No swelling in face, no bleeding, no foreign body stuck in between teeth, no caries tooth. Had a gum cleaning to Check for any infection. They gave me anesthesia on one side to do the gum cleaning but the pain in the gum did not subside. But they say things are fine and asked to goggle with salt water alone. But the pain has not subsided so far.
I am 31 years old, my amh level is very very low, how to improve amh level naturally? or how to improve egg quality to get pregnant.
I'm 22 years old girl actually I'm 3 month pregnant lady can I do sex with my life partner during pregnancy time?
Hello doctor My wife is 38 week pregnant. Last two days she have intolerable itching on full body specially on tummy. Kindly suggest any medicine.
Hi am 26 year old woman waiting for labour pain I have pregnancy of 285 days as of now. I have all normal reports yet. I have taken castor oil with milk but found no response. What should I do?
I am 23 year old boy. me and my wife try to have baby but we are not able to conceive a baby we try from last 4 months. How we can conceive a baby. so, please tell me?
The red and itchy sores in genital area, which can cause immense pain are genital sores. They usually spread through infection that has occurred during sexual contact. There may also be bleeding if rubbed or scratched. This is usually a form of sexually transmitted infection which can be caused due to dermatitis or other allergies. Genital herpes and syphilis as well as bacterial diseases like chancroid can also cause the occurrence of this condition.
Here are a few ways in which this may be treated:
- Medication: The general physician or gynaecologist can prescribe a number of drugs that can help in treating this ailment. To begin with, you may have to ingest oral antibiotics or antiviral medication that can ensure that the bacteria do not get a chance to fester, grow and spread. Corticosteroids can also be prescribed for particularly severe cases. Pain relievers can help in soothing the area and the blisters in the genitals, while anti itching drugs like hydrocortisone can ensure that you do not scratch the area which can also lead to bleeding.
- Surgical Removal: A particularly troublesome bout or sores can be removed with the help of non-invasive and surgical procedures depending on the severity of the situation. You may be required to go under medical observation for a few hours or days after the procedure to ensure that there are no complications or further cases of infection.
- Intermittent Treatment: After the initial treatment where you will most likely go through a week long course of antiviral medication, or three weeks of antibiotic therapy, you may have to go through antiviral therapy every now and then. This is especially recommended if yours is a recurring case. Doctors usually recommend the ingestion of pills for two or three days as soon as you start to experience the painful symptoms and eruptions.
- Suppressive Treatment: Very frequent outbreaks can make the doctors prescribe an antiviral pill a day, which will basically act towards suppressing an attack. This kind of treatment is especially helpful if you have had more than six outbreaks in a span of twelve months. This can bring down the risk of outbreaks by about 80%, as per medical studies. This can also reduce the risk of passing on the infection to a partner. If you are taking this kind of treatment, you should see your doctor at least once or twice a year too.
Taking home remedies like a warm compress or sitting in a warm tub of water with a few drops of antibacterial can also help. But you must see a doctor before treating these sores at home. You can also prevent the same by practicing safe sex.
I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend just one hour before then I went to chemist and he gave me I pill daily contraceptive pills (a pack of 21 small pills) and inside a slip is there in which it is written that my gf has to take it daily 21 days and a table chart shown like she has to take pills starting from 5th day of her periods upto next 21 days daily and after next day periods will come and after 8 days over again she has to take pills daily like something something I get very much confused, previously I thought that I pill should be taken before 24 hours of unprotected sex and only once is enough but I am confused now why tat pack contains 21 pills and why she has to take it daily for 21 days, I wanna know according to my gf situation 1 pill is enough to avoid getting her pregnant or she has to take it daily, what's this mystery I am really confused please help me.
Cumin seed is a culinary herb that is local in Asia and is particularly used in India on daily basis. Cumin seeds are otherwise called jeera, caraway and kummel. It is a product of the cumin herb, however, it transforms into a seed only once it has dried. Cumin is an esteemed spice as it has numerous health advantages, usually for digestive conditions like colic, dyspepsia and flatulence. Nevertheless, consuming cumin seeds can have numerous side effects as well; so consult your specialist before you use it for medicinal purposes, as it can cause certain side effects as well, such as acidity or heartburn. Cumin seeds are known for their gas easing properties, yet it can bring about one of the most widely recognized digestive issue that is heartburn. It tends to facilitate the escape of more gas into your gastrointestinal tract. Liver damage: oil present in the cumin seeds is very unstable and can bring about liver and kidney damage, in case one consumes cumin seed in huge quantities for a long stretch of time. Cumin oil is used for animals to prevent or reduce muscle fits and spasms. Burping: the carminative impact of cumin seed may bring about excessive burping. Also, burping is sometimes referred as a ructus or belching, which includes too much bloating. Gas from the intestinal tract and stomach is released through the mouth. At times, burping has an awful smell and a trademark sound. Abortifacient effects: cumin seeds may also affect pregnant ladies. Consuming a lot of cumin seeds can prompt an unnatural birth cycle or instigate untimely or premature labor. Low blood sugar level: consuming cumin seeds in large quantities can bring down the glucose level in the body. One must remember this in case you are setting out towards a surgery in the near future. During surgery, it is crucial to keep up the glucose level. Narcotic effects: cumin seed has opiate properties. They need to be consumed with precaution, as they can be addictive. Opposite reactions of cumin seeds are mental blurring, sleepiness and nausea. Heavy menstrual cycle: cumin seeds may cause heavy bleeding during the menstrual cycle. In the event of cumin seeds being consumed in large amounts, you may experience heavier periods. Causes allergy: utilization of cumin seeds can bring about skin rashes and sensitivity. So individuals with skin sensitivity need to consume less cumin seeds to improve the condition. Not good for diabetics: diabetic patients need to control their glucose level. They must maintain regular glucose levels to stay sound. Fluctuating glucose levels are a strict no for most diabetics. As mentioned recently, cumin seeds may diminish your glucose level rapidly.
If one has taken I pill on the 6th day of cycle within 18 hrs of the act taken place on 21st november 2015 unprotected accident. Got bleeding after 6 days i. E on 27th & 28th of november. With slight dizziness and lower abdomen pain. On 20th december 2015. Got heavy period with lower abdomen pain. For 4 days. Then on 30th & 31st december got slight dizziness. On 1st january 2016. Took a serum beta hcg test which showed <1miu /ml. On 19th january 2016. Got period for 5 days. On 22nd january. Took another serum beta hcg test which showed <1miu/ml. On 1st february. 2016. Got a transabdominal sonography for pelvic region which showed uterus is anteverted and empty. And measures 8.9cm*4.6cm*3.5 cm. Both ovaries are normal. Cervix and cervical canal appear normal. On 17th february 2016. Got period but only for 1 day. Then only spotting. On 26th february 2016. Got a pelvic sonography by a gynae which showed empty uterus. On march 14th 2016. Again got a pelvic chck up by a gynae which showed empty uterus. On march 15th 2016. Got period for 6 days. And on april 13th 2016. Again got period for 4 days. The november was the first and last time I had engaged in a sexual act. And taken I pill. After this incident my body has become. Very sensitive to dust. Period pattern is also stage. Before the period I get brownish blood for 2 days. And then the flow. Comes. Though my abdomen has not increase in size much. But still I feel bloated. And also I hear strange sounds from abdomen. And also heart beats near my abdomen. And pelvic region. So could all these relate to pregnancy. Or pregnancy is completely ruled out. Please help me. Day by day I am stressed out due this very much. Please help me. Please.
It’s that time of the year again, where 'a year is ending and the new year is going to start'. All of us want to put our best foot forward in the coming year. We want a new thinner, healthier, more energetic and flexible body next year. We also want to get back to our few years old skinny jeans. So, what are the new year resolutions for 2017 that will up our health quotient substantially?
Read on for the five hottest dietary changes to take care of your health:
- Eat more Omega-3 fatty acids: Omega-3 fatty acids is good for the heart. You can get Omega-3 by eating walnuts, fish and flax seeds. Omega-3 is also good for getting help with PMS and menopause symptoms.
- Pile up on veggies: Daily recommended intake of veggies is three servings or more. How many of us reach this target? And then we complain of vitamin and mineral deficiencies. Veggies are our source for many important vitamins. So to tackle fatigue, muscle pains, low sex drive and vision problems, you can consciously eat more veggies the coming year.
- Fibre is key to health: Fibre found in veggies, fruits and whole grains is crucial for the health of the gut. Remember the adage that all diseases begin from the gut, so make fibre a part of your daily diet. Getting enough fibre will also prevent cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes and a number of cancers. It will also help you slim down. Remember that the recommended daily intake of fibre is 21 to 38 grams.
- Cut down on meat: This will be of great help to your heart because you will be eliminating a huge source of saturated fats which increases LDL that causes obstructions in heart arteries. Go for more tofu, soya and white meat.
- Treat sugar as enemy no.1: We all eat too much sugar. In fact scientists are calling sugar as the most potent drug of the 21st century and with good reason. Health hazards of excess sugar consumption include excess weight gain, abdominal obesity, elevated triglycerides etc. Sugar also increases inflammation in the body and this is the cause of a number of deadly diseases. One sure-fire way to cut down on sugars is to stop eating out of packets. Yes, processed foods contain a lot of hidden sugars and fats. Nixing processed foods will up your health quotient naturally.
Start a food journal to keep track of what you eat and also convince your friends and family to join in your healthy New Year plans. This way, you will have a support system in place to keep you motivated and on the go. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.