Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rooma Bansal
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rooma BansalYour feedback matters!
My cousin sister is 8 weeks 2 days pregnant. In a vaginal ultrasound there is no cardiac activity. One week before a vaginal ultrasound has done growth was good, cardiac activity was recorded. But now as I mentioned above after a week in a vaginal ultrasound there no cardiac activity and size is same as last week doctor said.
Mam, when I was about 7 years old I got heavy stomach pain when I consulted doctors they said its because of appendicitis and immediate operation to be done. But after the operation they said to my parents that there was no appendicitis but one of mine ovary has been removed because it was infected. Some infection and that was swollen. Till the age of 21 i use to get regular monthly periods for about 5 days. But i am now about 25 and from past 3 years got pcod problem and after taking tablets only I get my periods. Doctor informed me to reduce my weight. My height is 5" 4. My question is this pcod problem occured because of removing one of ovary among two ovaries? r because my weight. I am about 71kgs. 5" 4 height. Age is 24 years old. please reply to my question n do me needful.
Conditions related to the eating patterns or behavior of an individual which leave a negative impact on the health of the person are known as eating disorders. These can lead to the deficiency of sufficient nutrition in the body. The heart, the digestive system, the bones, and the teeth and the mouth are the body parts that generally get affected due to this condition.
Although the root cause is not known exactly, there are several factors which can be held responsible for causing this type of disorders likes:
1. Genetics-A person, who has parents or siblings suffering from eating disorders, has higher chances of suffering from it as well.
2. Society- In order to fit into the society, people often find it very necessary to look the best, which means being thin. Peer pressure and the worry about what people say fuels the desire, more like desperation in a person to become thin, which may lead to an eating disorder.
3. Emotional and psychological health- Problems directly linked with the psychological and emotional health of a person, like low self-esteem, impulsive behavior, relationship associated trouble and perfectionism can also lead to eating disorders.
There are certain factors which increase the risk of eating disorders.
1. Age-Anyone can suffer from this condition. However, a teenager or a young adult has higher chances of getting an eating disorder.
2. Gender- Females have higher risks of suffering from eating disorders than men.
3. Stress- Anyone who is going through any kind of emotional/mental stress has high chances of getting an eating disorder.
4. Family history-People who have a family history of this condition, i.e. their parents or siblings had suffered from it earlier, have higher chances of getting any kind of eating disorder.
5. Other mental disorders-Obsessive compulsive disorder, depression and anxiety are some mental disorders which may trigger this condition in an individual.
6. Profession-Athletes, sports persons, dancers, models or actors have higher chances of suffering from eating disorders because they always have this urge/want to look the best, so they starve themselves. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
I am 21 years old girl. I had sex with my boyfriend and he used condom after that day my vagina starts pain and bleeding when peeing. Did I had getting chances of pregnancy or it occurs due to another reason please tell me.
Hi, after my marriage since 1 years and 8 months my wife still not got pregnant. Can you suggest me what I do for my wife pregnancy?
I'm suffering from continuous sensation of urine and it makes me very uneasy and lethargic. This started when I last had sex with my partner and it has been 4 days since It hasn't stopped. The sensation reduces for sometime and then starts again. It is irritating and I can't do anything. I went to my family doctor with my mother but I could not tell him the whole story. It is my vagina that is getting irritated. So please help me and suggest what to do.
I am pregnant about 23 weeks and have too much burning sensation on my legs and between fingers as well as on hands. Please suggest home remedy to overcome this. I'm also having problem of piles and it's bleeding even not applying pressure.
Good Afternoon Sir. Sir meri wife or main 15 May ko Physical relation me aaye the. 19 may ko unka date tha joki miss ho gya hai. Ab hume kya karna chahiye. Plzzz bataye, hum abhi baby nahi chahte hai.
Indian cuisine is diverse. There are a variety of dishes and cuisines which change every few kilometers. But while everything changes from taste to texture to color, what doesn’t drastically change is the staple such as rice or wheat. Our meals are incomplete without the consumption of either rice or chappatis. But here is the concern, more so for diabetics.
Rice and wheat flour are rich in carbohydrates, especially white rice and fine wheat flour. They break down quickly into glucose and make sugar level of the body to rise sharply. Because of this reason, they are ranked high on the Glycemic Index (GI), an index which ranks food items on the basis of their pace of breaking down into glucose. At a time when the incidence of diabetes is increasing alarmingly in India, with the country already having close to 70 million diabetics, it is important to choose food items cautiously.
The choice of Atta/rice is an important one since, being a staple, we consume them more often than other foods. A staple which can help us in releasing its sugar slowly in the system is thus highly desirable. Aashirvaad Sugar Release Control Atta is one of the many products available in the market which are low on GI and beneficial for those who want to manage their sugar levels.
Wondering why Low GI Atta is the right choice? Let us have a look at some of the benefits:
- Because the Atta is low on GI, it breaks down into sugar slowly in the body, thus helping in managing sugar levels and in maintaining a fit and active lifestyle. Aashirvaad Sugar Release Control Atta has a GI value of less than 55.
- Aashirvaad Sugar Release Control Atta is a blend of whole wheat flour, pulse and legume flours forming a unique “Natural Grain Mix”. Ingredients such as oats and methi ensure that the atta is high in protein and fibre.
- Atta does not contain any artificial ingredients.
- No difference in the taste. Chapattis, puris or paranthas made of Aashirvaad Sugar Release Control Atta taste as good as any other normal atta.
Choosing a low GI product is not only helpful for any diabetic, but also beneficial for the entire family. Mixing different grains in normal Atta is a laborious task and the resulting atta can be hard in bite and bitter in taste and thus may not be liked by all members of the family. So pick up an easily available low GI product which helps in managing diabetes.