Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Navjeevan Hospital - PitampuraYour feedback matters!
It is very common for women to experience vaginal problems due to the menstrual cycle, birth control methods, sex or aging. Vaginal odor may change according to your sexual health. Sometimes, it is wrongly interpreted as infection or any other problem but it is a naturally existing odor which can also be caused by normal sweating. Nevertheless, an unpleasant vaginal odor can also be indicative of infection, irritation or an overgrowth of vaginal bacteria. Four common reasons of vaginal odor are:
1. Bacterial vaginosis
Bacterial vaginosis (BV) is an overgrowth of naturally existing bacteria in the vagina which can occur due to unprotected sex, douching or low production of lactobacilli bacteria. This can cause irritation, itching and makes women more vulnerable to sexually transmitted infection and other complications like preterm birth. Bacterial vaginosis is a very common occurrence for women in their reproductive years and is the primary reason for the vaginal odor in most cases.
2. Poor hygiene
Poor hygiene can be one of the major causes of vaginal odor. In terms of hygiene two common reasons which can cause unpleasant odor are the lack of proper washing and not wearing clean undergarments. Due to the presence of sweat around the genitalia and poor maintenance of hygiene, women often experience bad odor.
3. Forgotten tampon
A forgotten tampon can cause bacterial infection and lead to vaginal odor. The growth of bacteria along with menstrual blood can cause itching and lead to unpleasant smelling vaginal discharge. Sometimes, the infection can spread and cause serious problems like pain in the lower abdomen.
Trichomoniasis is a sexually transmitted disease which is caused by a protozoan parasite. It can cause a foul smelling odor, soreness, pain while urination and intercourse and also vaginal itching. Pregnant women suffering from this disease are more at risk to deliver premature babies. It can be treated with antibiotics and can be prevented with proper use of condoms. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Drinking water immediately before and after meals suppresses digestive fire, and it leads to gaseous problems.
नमक के महत्वपूर्ण उपयोग।
वास्तुशास्त्र में नमक को बहुत महत्वपूर्ण माना जाता है। नमक के अलग-अलग इस्तेमाल से घर से नकारातमक ऊर्जा निकल जाती है और सकारात्मक ऊर्जा का संचार होता है। मानसिक शांति, सेहत, सुख-समृद्धि और पैसे के मामले में नमक की भूमिका अहम है। वास्तु के अनुसार यदि नमक का सही ढंग से इस्तेमाल किया जाए, तो एक चुटकी नमक ही काफी है दुर्भाग्य को सौभाग्य में बदलने के लिए.।
➖एक चुटकी नमक का कमाल.
यदि आप आए दिन बीमार रहते हैं। घर में परिवार के सदस्यों के बीच आए दिन झगड़े होते हैं। हर तरफ नकारात्मकता नजर आती है, तो नमक वाले पानी से पूरे घर में पोंछा लगाएं। बस पोंछे वाले पानी में एक चुटकी काला नमक मिलाएं, फिर देखें इसका कमाल। कुछ दिनों में इसका असर देखने को मिल जाएगा। यदि हर दिन संभव ने हो, तो मंगलवार को जरूर नमक को पोंछा लगाएं। इस उपाय से न सिर्फ घर की नकारात्मकता दूर होगी, घर में सकारात्मक एनर्जी आएगी। परविार के सदस्य बीमार भी नहीं पड़ते हैं। सौभाग्य के दरवाजे खुलेंगे।
➖किसमें रखें नमक.➖
आप जरा अपने घर में यह देखिए कि जिस बर्तन मतें नमक रखा जा रहा है, वह किस चीज से बना है। स्टील यानी लोहे से बने बर्तन में नमक कभी नहीं रखना चाहिए। वास्तु में ऐसी मान्यता है कि नमक को हमेशा कांच के जार में भरकर रखना चाहिए। साथ ही इसमें एक लौंग डाल दें, तो फिर सोने पे सुहागा. इससे घर में सुख-समृद्धि तो रहती ही है। पैसों की भी कभी कमी महसूस नहीं होती। धन का फ्लो बना रहता है।
➖नमक मानसिक शांति भी देता है.➖
यदि आपका मन हर बेचैन रहता है। न तो घर में मन लगता, न बाहर, ना ही ऑफिस में.आप लाख कोशिश करते हैं, फिर मानसिक शांति नहीं मिल रही होती है। ऐसी समस्या से निजात पाने के लिए नमक का उपाय रामबाण का काम करता है। इस उपाय में भी एक चुटकी नमक कमाल करता है। जी हां, नहाते समय समय पानी में एक चुटकी नमक मिला लें और उससे स्नान करें। वास्तु विशेषज्ञों की मानें, तो ऐसा करने से मानसिक बेचैनी कम हो जाती है। तन-मन हमेशा तरोताजा रहता है। आलस्य से छुटकारा मिल जाता है।
➖डॉक्टर है नमक.
यदि घर में कोई लंबे समय से बीमार चल रहा हो, तो उसके बिस्तर के पास कांच की बोतल में नमक भरकर रखें और हर महीने इसे बदल दें। वास्तु शास्त्र के मुताबिक, ऐसा करने से बीमार व्यक्ति की सेहत में काफी सुधार आ सकता है। यह उपाय तब तक करते रहें, जब तक वह व्यक्ति पूरी तरह से स्वस्थ ने हो जाए।
➖पहाड़ी नमक का कमाल.➖
कौन व्यक्ति नहीं चाहेगा कि उसके घर में हमेशा सुख-शांति बनी रहे, लेकिन हम देखते हैं कि व्यक्ति हर तरह से सम्पन्न होता है, लेकिन बावजूद इसके उसके घर में सुख आ अभाव रहता है। शांति भंग हो जाती है। असल में वास्तुदोष होने से घर में नकारात्मकता प्रवेश होता है और व्यक्ति परेशान रहता है। इससे छुटकारा पाने के लिए या वास्तुदोष खत्म करने के लिए इसमें एक नमक का उपाय बहुत कारगर साबित हो सकता है। बाजार में पहाड़ी नमक भी मिलता है। इसे लाकर अपने घर के एक कोने में रख दें। आप कुछ ही में महसूस करेंगे कि घर की सारी नकारात्मकत एनर्जी दूर हो जाएगी। परिवार के लोग खुश रहने लगेंगे। घर में सुख-शांति फैल जाएगी।
➖नमक को लेकर ये दो सावधानियां.➖
प्राचीन मान्यता है कि यदि आप नमक सीधे किसी के हथेली में रखकर देते हैं, तो इससे उस व्यक्ति के साथ आपका झगड़ा हो सकता है। इसलिए इस बात को हमेशा ध्यान रखें कि नमक कभी किसी को हाथ में न दें, बल्कि चम्मच से बर्तन के जरिए दें। इसके अलावा नमक को कभी जमीन में न गिरने दें। नमक को कभी बेकार भी मत होने दें।
A healthy vagina is the basis of stellar sexual health and wellness. By practicing healthy habits and awareness, it's possible to avoid itches, rashes, and infections. Start by wiping right after a bowel movement. Avoid douches, scented soaps, and feminine hygiene products. Eating probiotic food like yogurt, kimchi, sauerkraut can keep the vaginal balance intact. Add in some Kegel exercises and yoga asanas to keep your vagina strong and flexible.
Everyday Habits For a Healthy Vagina:
- Wipe Properly And No Douching
- Stop Using Feminine Hygeine Products, Eat Probiotics
- Change Pad Every 6-8 Hours And Practice Safe Sex
- Visit A lady Sexologist When Needed And Practice Yoga
9 Ways To Keep Vaginal Problems In Check
1. Wipe From Back To Front
Wiping after a bowel movement seems like a trivial task. Yet, there is a healthy and safe way to go about it. Start from the front and move backward. In women, the openings of the anus and vagina are fairly close together. If you wipe from back to front, you increase the risk of bringing bacteria from the anus into the vagina. This move can trigger bacterial vaginosis, a vaginal infection characterized by a fishy smell, discharge, and itching. It is also marked by a burning sensation that amplifies when you urinate. So make it a point to start from the back and work toward the front. It may take some getting used to, but it’s the type of habit that will protect your vaginal health.1
2. Avoid Douching
Douching is the act of cleaning the vagina by spraying it with water or other fluids. Many believe that this practice will get rid of bad odor and menstrual residue. It’s much different than a simple rinse around the vagina, though. (The latter doesn’t do any harm, and can be a part of a regular shower or wash.) However, about 1 in 4 American women ages 15 to 44 years douche. Popular products include prepackaged douches containing vinegar, iodine, and baking soda. These douches are made to be inserted into the vagina using a nozzle or tube.
Unfortunately, this can adversely impact the natural balance inside the vagina. From dryness to irritation, douching can cause problems that weren’t there in the first place.3Douching doesn’t just flush out the good bacteria but can also help bad bacteria flourish, leading to conditions like a yeast infection and bacterial vaginosis. A healthy vagina needs certain levels of both bacteria, after all. And if you already have a bacterial infection? Douching can encourage the bacteria to move into the uterus, ovaries, and Fallopian tube. This can also cause an infection that can transform into pelvic inflammatory disease, a serious inflammation of the reproductive organs.4
Needless to say, douching should be avoided for prime vaginal health. The vagina naturally cleanses itself by emitting discharge and mucus. And while it may be tempting to speed it up, the vagina is perfectly capable of handling it on its own.
3. Ditch Feminine Hygiene Products
But do we really need them? Most soaps are basic in nature, while the natural vaginal pH tends to be acidic. When you wash the vagina with these soaps too often, the natural state is thrown for a loop. It gives harmful microbes a chance to grow, causing bacterial vaginosis and fungal infections. Fragrances in soaps, cleansers, and gels can also irritate the vagina. While there’s a ton of debate on this topic, there’s no proof yet that vaginal washes can actually maintain an acidic pH. Yet, many products claim to do so. The vagina can maintain a healthy pH by itself. And if it is unable to do so, symptoms of itching and a foul-smelling discharge will manifest. At that point, a doctor’s intervention is the only thing needed.
4. Eat Probiotics
While a nutritious, balanced diet is important for reproductive health, probiotics have an exceptionally special role. The vaginal canal has a natural level of good bacteria that keep it healthy. Most notably, this includes the Lactobacillus bacteria. Research even speculates that inadequate amounts of Lactobacilli in the vagina can lead to a greater susceptibility to infections, from yeast infections to HIV type 1.8 So if you’re looking to optimize your vaginal health, eat foods that are rich in probiotic bacteria. Need ideas? Yogurt and fermented foods like kimchi, or miso are all tasty options.
5. Maintain Good Menstrual Hygiene
With the invention of high-absorbency pads, it’s easy to forget how important it is to change them regularly. Otherwise, bacterial overgrowth, rashes, and general discomfort may occur. To prevent these from conditions from developing, experts recommend changing pads every six to eight hours.9
Tampons aren’t much different. Leaving them in for longer than eight hours has been known to increase the chances of a potentially fatal condition called toxic shock syndrome. Your best bet is to change them at least four to five times a day.10 The Women’s Voices for the Earth report also points out that the dioxins, pesticidal residues, and fragrance chemicals in tampons and sanitary pads may pose a risk to reproductive and endocrine health, aside from causing allergies and infections.11Looking for an alternative? Consider a reusable menstrual cup instead of these conventional products.
6. Practice Safe Sex
There’s absolutely nothing wrong with protecting your sexual health when you’re with a new partner (or multiple partners). Use physical barriers such as condoms and diaphragms to protect yourself from contracting a sexually transmitted disease.13
Another safe sex practice is urination after sexual intercourse. This simple habit can help get rid of bacteria in the urethra and bladder. You can also wash around the vagina after sex to prevent unwanted bacteria and foreign bodies from entering the vaginal canal after sex. But remember, these actions won’t prevent sexually transmitted infection. A physical barrier is still your best option.
7. Visit A Lady Sexologist For Preventive Care
Whether you have a mild itch or a suspicion of something serious, a doctor is a good person to turn to. If you have a persistent itch for more than a week or if it turns into inflammation with a smelly discharge, see a doctor immediately. And if there’s a new vaginal hygiene practice that catches your attention, a doctor is the best person to assess if it is right for you.
8. Perform Kegel Exercises
The vaginal canal is made up of muscles just like the arms and legs. Pelvic floor exercises that involve contracting and relaxing muscles in the hip region can be very helpful in keeping the vagina strong and flexible. This is especially ideal post-pregnancy when the vagina loses some of its elasticity. By doing these exercises often, it can be restored to its previous physical state.
9. Give Yoga A Shot
Performing yoga regularly can also help your vaginal muscles. The ashwini mudra (horse pose) can increase blood flow to the pelvic region, tone the vaginal muscles, and keep the vaginal tissue healthy.17Specifically, this move entails contracting and releasing muscles in the pelvic region.
The abnormal growth of the endometrium tissue outside the uterus is known as endometriosis. Ideally, the abnormal tissue is supposed to break down and exit the body. However, in this condition, the tissue is unable to pass out of the body. As a result, the surrounding tissue tends to get irritated and leads to the formation of scar tissues.
The various causes of endometriosis include:
- Immune system disorder: Complications in the immune system might render it incapable of destroying the endometrial tissue that grows outside the uterus.
- Surgical scar implantation: Certain surgeries such as a C-section may result in the attachment of endometrial cells to the incision area.
- Embryonic cell transport: These cells may be transported to other parts of the body by the blood vessels which may lead to endometriosis.
- Retrograde menstruation: Instead of passing out of the body, under this condition, the blood flows back into the pelvic region via the fallopian tubes. When these cells attach themselves to the pelvic cavity, it causes endometriosis.
1. Pain during sexual intercourse
2. Pain during periods including pelvic pain, especially during periods, lower back pain and abdominal pain.
3. Excessive bleeding during periods
The major complication that results is fertility problems. Endometriosis may prevent the combination of the egg and the sperm and thus, impairs your ability to conceive. It is recommended not to delay pregnancy if you have endometriosis. This disorder also tends to increase the risk of ovarian cancer in some women.
How can it be treated?
Endometriosis is usually done using surgery or medications.
- Medication: It usually involves painkillers.
- Hormone therapy: Some of the hormonal therapies include:
- Hormonal contraceptives
- Progestin therapy
- Gonadotropin-releasing hormone (Gn-RH) agonists and antagonists
- Conservative surgery: If a patient wants to become pregnant, surgery is done as much as possible without harming the uterus and ovaries. Suggested procedures include laparoscopy and traditional abdominal surgery.
- Assisted reproductive technologies: An example of this form of treatment is In Vitro Fertilization.
- Hysterectomy: Under severe circumstances, total hysterectomy is conducted in order to facilitate the removal of cervix and uterus. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
It is to be noted that a large chunk of a child’s genetic code is carried by the male procreation cell. Some other interesting facts about the male procreation cell, the sperm, are listed below:
- Diet affects a man’s sperms: A man’s daily diet plays a major role in the health of his sperm. The choice of food has a big impact on sperm. For example, a publication in The Journal of Biology and Reproduction, 2011, has shown that DHA (an Omega-3 essential fatty acid found in cod liver oil and salmon) aids in improving the morphology of the sperm. Increase in DHA levels can turn a sperm with a round head into a healthy sperm with a cone-shaped head and fill it with important enzymes that aid in egg-opening. Increase in levels of DHA also helps in improving sperm mobility. Another study has shown that men who consume an excess of 3 cups of coffee per day exhibit a reduction in concentration of the sperms as well as total sperm count along with poor quality of the sperm.
- Health of sperm can be improved by climaxing regularly: Production of semen is reduced due to irregular ejaculation or abstinence from sex.
- Wireless Technology is capable of damaging sperm: Recent studies have shown that laptops using Wi-Fi to connect to the internet damages sperm via non-thermal effects. Hence, scientists suggest that men should try to avoid keeping laptops on their laps directly and should keep their cell phones in places other than the pant pockets.
- Extra energy for penetrating the egg: The journey of a sperm is long and vigorous; an incredible amount of energy is needed to penetrate the ova. Naturally, there is a dearth of energy when the sperm finally reaches the ova. At this time, a stream of energy is provided because of a burst of progesterone from the female. This energizes the sperm, which in turn, helps in penetration of the egg.
- Protection: The immune system assumes that sperms are foreign invaders because they carry only half the DNA as compared to other cells. Hence, there are special protective cells present in the testicles that create a barrier which tends to attack the sperm cells.
- Life span: The publication of a study in Biology of Reproduction (1984) has stated that sperm cells, in appropriate conditions, have a life span of up to 5 days within a woman’s body.
- Negative impact of lifestyle choices on sperms: A number of studies have shown that men having habits such as smoking cigarettes, drinking alcohol, consuming caffeine and who are obese have hampered fertility. This has a negative effect on the health of a sperm. Men who frequently consume alcohol tend to exhibit poor sperm concentration and lowered sperm mobility. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Jamun is one of the most beneficial fruit for human health. It is also known by the name of black plum and is a summer fruit which is popular in every household. It belongs to the Myrtaceae family. The ancient system of medicine, Ayurveda, celebrates the fruit of Jamun for the several benefits it offers, and a few are mentioned below:
- Beneficial for diabetic patients: Ayurveda recommends the diabetic patients to consume jamun. Research has proven that jamun has a lot of potential to e used in making drugs that would be a safer option. Another research has shown that a 30% decrease can be seen in the levels of blood sugar when jamun is consumed daily. Secondary complications that are known to occur because of diabetes are also reduced with the consumption of jamun. Excess thirst and frequent urination are also kept under control with jamun. Madhumehantak Churna is consumed by many diabetic patients which is an Ayurvedic product of jamun.
- Good for immune system and improving bone strength: Some healthy nutrients like iron, calcium, potassium, and Vitamin C are present in high amounts in jamun. Because of the presence of these nutrients, it enhances the functioning of the immune system and strengthens your bones. Jamun is widely used in Ayurveda to relieve stress.
- Keeps you safe from heart diseases: Anthocyanidins, elegiac acid and anthocyanins are the compounds that are present in jamun. These compounds are well-known for their anti-inflammatory effect. Apart from that, they are also very good anti-oxidants. Thus, jamun helps in preventing cholesterol oxidation and formation of plaque that can increase your heart risks. Besides the benefits that are already mentioned, jamun is a rich source of potassium. We all know that potassium prevents hypertension and hypertension is a significant risk factor for those who are prone to heart diseases. It is said that in each 100g serving of jamun, the amount of potassium present is 55g.
- Useful in treating infections: The jamun fruit is not the only thing that is utilitarian. The other parts of the plant, that is, its seed, barks, and leaves, have their own health benefits too. One of those health benefits is treating infections. All these parts have the capability of treating infections. Compounds like malic acid, tannins, oxalic acid and gallic acid are present in jamun. These compounds are responsible for the antibacterial, gastroprotective and antimalarial properties of the plant.
- Aids in digestion and improves oral health: Since the ancient times, the jamun leaves have been used in Ayurveda and are known to be atisara that are known to prevent diarrhea. It is very useful against Krimi, that is, worm infestation. They are considered to be very helpful in treating gastric disorders like dysentery, diarrhea, indigestion and dyspepsia. They are also helpful for the gums and keep the teeth in good condition because of their anti-bacterial properties. Thus, jamun is a useful pachani.
- Other uses: Ayurvedic medicine using Jamun as an ingredient helps in combating menstrual disorders. Also, Ayurveda uses this fruit in many of its medicines to increase haemoglobin content. Also, Ayurveda suggests using the dried powder on the facial skin to increase the fairness and improve the skin texture.
With loads of health benefits, Jamun is considered to be one of the effective ingredients in many of the Ayurvedic medicines. Hence, consider consuming Jamuns every day to improve your health.
Women tend to develop high levels of blood sugar during their pregnancy (especially within the 24th and 28th weeks), irrespective of whether they already had suffered from diabetes prior to their pregnancy. However, gestational diabetes, if not taken proper care of, might escalate the risks of developing diabetes in the near future for both the mother and the child, accompanied by complications in pregnancy or labor. Gestational diabetes is usually characterized by mild symptoms such as excessive urge to urinate, excessive thirst, blurred vision and fatigue.
Insulin, a hormone produced by the pancreas, allows for the utilization of the glucose for energy. The food consumed is broken down by the digestive tract of the body, converting carbohydrates into glucose before releasing it into the bloodstream. The glucose is then absorbed by the cells to be used as an energy source. Now, at the time of pregnancy, the placenta (organ nourishing the fetus) connecting the baby to the blood supply also produces various other hormones in high levels, for instance, estrogen and human placental lactogen. Most of these hinder the normal functioning of insulin in the cells, hence raising the blood sugar count. With subsequent growth of the baby, the placenta keeps on producing more amounts of such insulin resistant hormones to an extent that they are capable of meddling with the development of the baby.
1. Monitoring the blood sugar count at least four to five times a day and keeping it under control might help to ease the complication.
2. A healthy diet consisting of whole grains, vegetables and fruits in the right proportion and limiting sugar or other highly refined carbs meets the nutrition and fiber requirement of the body. Guard against additional weight gain during pregnancy as that hampers the entire process.
3. Exercise or regular physical activities help to normalize blood sugar level by boosting glucose absorption in the cells. Furthermore, exercises also enhance the sensitivity of the cells towards insulin. This means that only a little amount of insulin production by your body would be enough for the transportation of sugar.
4. Medication, If exercise and diet fall inadequate, insulin injections are often administered to control blood sugar count.
5. Keeping the baby under close observation with the help of repeated ultrasound and other tests to record its growth and development is an essential part of the treatment plan.
In your everyday life, it is quite common to experience several first aid and domestic health emergencies. This may include many health conditions, which are minor in nature, but require medical attention. Accidents like cuts, bites, grazes, bruises, bumps and burns can occur any time. Equally common headaches, cramps and ailments, which include cold, cough, flu, viral fever, sore throats, indigestion and several others.
And, homeopathic medicines are a great, natural remedy for effectively treating the above mentioned health conditions. So here are some common homeopathic medicines, which you should keep in your first aid box in order to treat common health issues:
Arnica: This is a very famous and common homeopathic medicine used to treat all kinds of injuries. It acts as an instant pain reliever and by taking it immediately after an injury, quick results are obtained. It gives relief to internal cuts and bruises by a process called extravasation, which involves the breaking of tissues beneath the skin. Effective healing of bruises, cuts and other injuries is also provided. It also helps in relieving the mind in case of any emotional trauma.
Aconite: This homeopathic medicine works effectively in treating several physical and emotional conditions. It successfully treats ailments such as cough, cold, sore throat, fever and all conditions related to exposure and cold. Aconite can also calm the anxiety in patients.
Apis Mel: This homeopathic medicine treats bee stings. It can be taken after being stung by a bee or wasp and if stinging pain is felt along with inflammation. It is also used to treat heat rashes and conditions where the skin gets swollen. This medicine is a diuretic and encourages the body to release water.
Argentum Nitricum: This homeopathic medicine is useful in treating anxiety and tension. When a person is extremely worried about something, this medicine can be used to calm him down and provide mental relief. It can help avoid loose bowel movement which often occurs due to tension and sickness. You can take this before examinations, flights and sea voyages.
Arsenicum Alb: This medicine is ideal for treating several symptoms related to stomach and digestion problems. Problems such as food poisoning, stomach upset, diarrhoea and vomiting are treated efficiently with it. It is also used for mental conditions, such as panic attack and extreme anxiety.
Belladonna: This homeopathic medicine is extensively used for treating sunstroke, different types of inflammations and throbbing headaches, which worsen when exposed to noise and light. Ear infections are treated with this as well.
Since homeopathic medicines are safer than their allopathic counterparts due to absence of side effects, they can be taken for treating day to day health worries. But if in doubt, feel free to consult a homeopathic doctor for more information.
It refers to the touching of your own body in order to get pleasure and satisfaction. This activity is a very important part of physical as well as mental wellbeing.
Men and women all over the world engage in masturbation, irrespective of whether or not they are sexually active with their partners. There are many myths and debates associated with the act of masturbation, especially for those who are in committal (or non-committal) relationships with a regular sexual partner.
One of these myths is that masturbating when you're in a relationship is abnormal and is indicative of the fact that your partner has lost interest in you and is not sexually attracted to you.
However, masturbating in a relationship is perfectly normal for the following reasons:
- It is how many learn about their bodies and sexual responsiveness, which enables them to perform better during intercourse
- It acts as a sexual outlet for those whose partners do not wish to have sex or are unavailable for a temporary time period
- It is a safe alternative when the risk of sexually transmitted infections and diseases is present
Apart from that masturbation can also help enhancing the sexual relationship as studies show that those who had experienced orgasm through masturbation before they started having sex are likelier to experience better orgasms when they have sex than those who don't masturbate.
However, masturbation comes with its own set of problems. If done excessively, these problems will begin to manifest themselves in the bedroom in the form of sexual dysfunction.
The subsequent reasons entail why it is not good to masturbate too frequently:
- Too much masturbation leads to loss of libido: Some people tend to constant masturbate to pornography despite having regular sexual partners. They often find themselves underperforming during intercourse as unwarranted masturbation lowers sexual drive.
- Masturbation does not have the health benefits of sexual intercourse: Having regular sex with a partner positively impacts many aspects of one's health, such as blood pressure, cardiac vigour, hormone secretions, etc. However, masturbation does not carry many of those benefits, as studies have shown.
- Masturbation has its own risks: It may be considered the safest form of sex possible but it isn't entirely risk-free. Frequent masturbation can cause skin irritations and men who masturbate with roughness face the risk of penile fracture.
The amount of masturbation that one should indulge in is extremely subjective. Those who masturbate regularly and still have a healthy sexual relationship with their partners are in a wholesome place. But if masturbation causes you to develop an aversion to having sex with your partner, consult a sex therapist right away. Compulsive masturbation is a behavior that disrupts one's life both physically and mentally.
The disruption of the normal female cycles of menstruation and ovulation after the age of 45 and the loss of her ability to conceive naturally is known as menopause. The associated symptoms of menopause are heat flushes, insomnia, weight gain, depression, nausea and fatigue. While hormone replacement therapy is the most common procedure to provide relief from menopausal symptoms, natural homeopathic remedies can also be used for the same. These remedies are completely safe as opposed to hormone replacement therapy which has a number of side effects.
The following homeopathic medicines and remedies can be used to treat menopause:
- A balanced diet which provides you with optimal nutrition can be helpful in treating menopausal symptoms. When you get enough vitamins and minerals, the physical discomfort caused by the symptoms can be reduced greatly.
- Phosphorus can help with migraines, extreme sweating, numb hands, fast pulse, memory problems and dry and itchy skin. Foods high in phosphorus content are meat, fish, cheese, nuts and seeds of pumpkins, sunflowers etc.
- Excessive deposition of fat can interfere with the hormonal cycles and cause imbalances in the level of estrogen and progesterone. So, regular yoga and exercise can be helpful.
- Amylenum nitrosum can provide relief from profuse sweating, shortness of breath and palpitations.
- Phytoestrogen or dietary estrogen is a compound found in foods such as soybeans, oats, barley, carrots, fenugreek, rice etc. Phytoestrogen can provide natural relief from menopausal symptoms.
- Aurum metallicum is used to get the tissues and organs to function normally again and control feelings of anxiety and claustrophobia.
- Aconitum napellus (wolf's bane) is a flowering plant and its extracts can reduce panic attacks, heat flushes, over excitability and depressive symptoms.
- Argentum nitricum is a nitrate compound of silver which is used to control excessive bleeding in the pre-menstrual stages.
- Belladonna (deadly nightshade) is beneficial for a large number of symptoms such as headaches, fatigue, insomnia, frequent urination, osteoporosis, abnormal weight gain and other nervous disorders.
- Bryonia alba, a flowering plant, is used as a remedy for vaginal infections, rashes and vaginal dryness that are common during menopause.
- Natrum muriaticum, in small amounts, helps to reduce stress. Stress can cause problems in thyroid function, cognitive functioning, digestive system functioning and it can elevate blood pressure levels rapidly.
- Nux vomica (strychnine) is a common homeopathic medicine for nausea, vomiting and indigestion. These problems are seen frequently in menopausal women, especially after meals at night.
The inability to conceive after indulging in unprotected sex is known as infertility. It can also be referred to the biological incapability of a male to cause the conception or a woman being unable to carry the pregnancy for full term. Research has shown that female problems contribute to over half of all the infertility cases while a majority of the other causes include sperm disorders.
Treatment of infertility depends on:
- Cause of Infertility
- Duration of Infertility
- Age of both partners
- Personal preferences
Causes of infertility in women include:
1. Ovulation disorders: This is regarded as the most common cause of infertility in women. The disorders can be caused due to the following
- Premature ovarian failure
- PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome)
- Poor egg quality
- Overactive or Underactive thyroid gland
- Chronic conditions like cancer or AIDS.
2. Problems in fallopian tubes or uterus: Abnormalities in the uterus or fallopian tubes render the woman incapable of conceiving naturally. This might be due to:
3. Medications: There is a possibility that treatment will cure infertility. Examples include NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs), Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy.
Treatment of infertility might involve a significant amount of psychological, physical, temporal and financial commitments.
In men, treatment is done to treat lack of healthy sperm or general sexual problems. The treatments include:
- Change in lifestyle
- Sperm retrieval
Even though it is possible to restore fertility in women using only one or two therapies, a number of treatments might be required before conception is possible. Some of these treatments include:
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI)
- Stimulation of ovulation with fertility drugs
- Surgery to restore fertility
In situations where pregnancy does not happen spontaneously, Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) can be used by couples to achieve pregnancy. It is a form of fertility treatment which involves the handling of sperm and egg. The entire ART team consists of psychologists, physicians, embryologists, nurses and lab technicians.
One common ART technique is In vitro fertilization (IVF). It is a process where an egg and sperms are manually combined in a laboratory dish, followed by transfer of embryo to the uterus. Some aspects involved in an IVF cycle are:
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI)
- Assisted hatching
- Donor eggs or sperm
- Gestational carrier
Some complications that may occur during the treatment of infertility are:
- Multiple pregnancy
- Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS)
It is not a myth but an actual condition that might happen when it is erect and experiences a certain amount of force. However, since this organ doesn't contain actual bones, the effect of its fracture differs from that of an arm or leg fracture. ?
What is penis fracture?
Penis fracture is a condition where an erect penis suffers a fracture. An erect penis is filled with blood, in this condition, if it is bent forcefully or suddenly, it can suffer a fracture. The penis consists of two large cylinders and one smaller cylinder; during erection blood rushes to the two larger cylinders inflating them thus turning the penis hard and erect. In this state, if it faces a sudden force it can cause damage to the penis.
The symptoms of penis fracture are-
1. A popping or cracking sound in case of sudden trauma
2. Loss of erection almost immediately
3. Feeling of pain in the affected area
4. Bruising of the area
5. In some cases the urethra can get damaged, causing blood to come out of it
In the case of penis fracture, one should seek medical advice immediately. If the condition is not treated then it can result in severe complications. A physical exam followed by exams like MRI or urethrogram are used to diagnose the problem. Surgery is mostly recommended to repair the penis after the diagnosis and it should not be delayed for long. In case the surgery is delayed, scarring occurs and it can result in erectile dysfunction.
At the time of a surgical procedure, while making an incision a doctor has to take care of a number of factors before making an incision. Considering a number of factors, different types of incisions have come into fore, such as
- Midline Incision: It’s the commonest incision and is done along the linea alba (fibrous structure running through the mid of the abdomen). These are preferred, especially in diagnostic laparotomy as it permits a wide access to the abdomen.
- Pfannenstiel Incision: It is transverse in nature, extending from the umbilicus to the pubic-symphysis. It is generally employed for abdominal hysterectomy of benign nature and cesarean section (c-section).
- Chevron Incision: It is an incision under the rib-cage and is done on the abdomen. It starts from beneath the ribs on the right abdomen and extends till the other mid axillary line. Thus, the entire abdominal width is incised for proper reach into the liver. The incision can be up to 2 feet.
- Kustner Incision: It is transverse in nature and extends from the symphysis pubis till the iliac spine (anterior). This type of incision takes time to perform. A Pfannenstiel incision offers more exposure than a Kustner incision.
- Lanz Incision: It is a variation of the more common mcburney-incision (also known as Gridiron’s incision). It is generally used for open appendectomies. There are quite a few variations for this type of an incision.
- Gridiron’s incision: It is done for appendectomies. It is an oblique short incision which is done in the lower right quadrant in the abdomen.
- Kocher’s Incision: It is oblique in nature, extending from the abdominal upper right quadrant and is generally used for performing an open cholecystectomy. Gallbladder, biliary tract and certain liver operations can be suited for a Kocher’s incision. This however is different from the same named incision used for the thyroid gland surgery.
- Cherney Incision: It is transverse in nature. It allows a great range of exposure for the pelvic sidewall. It is less painful than a midline incision. It allows for the greatest pelvic exposure and hence is a widely preferred and practiced incision. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a general surgeon.
- You are not a drop in the ocean but an ocean in every drop.
- What did he mean by that. Every cell in our body is intelligent to think and act. We have 60 trillion cells in our body and our health depends a lot on the harmonic balance and cohesion of the cells wiht each other.
- In the movie eat, pray love, julia roberts visits a wise man in bali, and he advises her not to try too hard to meditate. In fact he suggests that medidation is nothing but smiling and the line that is a kicker, is" smile with your liver"
- If you believe that this is just a metaphor, lets look at the other end of the spectrum to prove just how crucial this is. Let us say you hold a negative emotion towards somebody, something or some event in your life. Each time you think of that your whole body relives the emotional upheaval of that association.
- Your mind doesn't have a mind of its own, and doesn't know if the event is happening in real time or it is being replayed. So it produces the same stress hormores namely cortisol. Each and every cell of your body starts feeling the same emotion of let us say" hatred" towards that event, person or experience all over again.
- The body isn't at ease. This is a state where the condition of dis-ease sets in.
- If you continue to live in that state, your cells are now getting conditioned to live in the same state. The upanishads talk about" yatha pinde tatha brahmande" as is the atom so is the universe.
- Health of a person, depends on how well all the systems of the body and the 60 trillion cells play the melody of harmony together. When the cells are living in a state of hatred. They soon start exhibiting that with each other and killing healthy cells in the body. This leads to many forms of auto immune disease. Like rumi said. You are not a drop in the ocean, you are an ocean in every drop.
- Be careful of your thoughts, your feelings and your emotions.
- Forgive people, not because they deserve it, but because you need it. Stay happy, stay healthy.
Last month I took primolut tablet strip. 2 tabs per day. Due to family function. My date of menses was 2nd May. Due to tablets consumed I got my periods on 13 th may. But this month I haven't got my periods yet. What should I do? It has been almost 10 days delay.
मौसम बदलते ही तरह-तरह के वायरल संक्रमण फैलने लगते हैं, जिनमें डेंगू बेहद खतरनाक बीमारी है। वैसे तो डेंगू का सामान्य लक्षण बुखार है, लेकिन ये सामान्य बुखार से अलग होता है। डेंगू में बुखार की तीव्रता काफी अधिक होती है और कमजोरी के साथ चक्कर भी आते हैं। संक्रमण बढ़ने के साथ शरीर कमजोर होता जाता है और भी लक्षण दिखाई देने लगते हैं जैसे- उल्टी आना, जोड़ों में दर्द, त्वचा पर रैशज वगैरह। ये तो डेंगू के सामान्य लक्षण हैं लेकिन यहां कुछ लक्षण दिए जा रहे हैं, जिनके नजर आने पर तुरंत डॉक्टर से संपर्क करें।
अगर डेंगू के लक्षणों को ऊपरी तौर पर देखा जाए तो तेज बुखार, लगातार मितली और उल्टी आना, उल्टी में खून आना, पेशाब के साथ खून आना, पेट में दर्द, सांस लेने में तकलीफ, नाक और मसूड़ों से खून, थकान लगना आदि हैं। यहां विस्तार से देखें कि् कौन सी स्थिति है खतरनाक.
1. 20 का मंत्र:
डॉक्टरों के मुताबिक, नब्ज में 20 की बढ़ोतरी, ब्लड प्रेशर मे 20 की कमी, हाई और लो बीपी में 20 से कम का अंतर और बांह पर 20 से ज्यादा निशान हों तो सतर्क हो जाएं।
2. तेज बुखार:
डेंगू के संक्रमण से होने वाले बुखार की तीव्रता काफी तेज होती है। बुखार में थर्मामीटर का पारा 102 से 105°F तक पहुंच जाता है। एक हफ्ते तक बुखार तेज रहता है, इसके बाद थोड़ा आराम मिल सकता है, लेकिन इसे राहत न समझें। फिर से बुखार वापस आ सकता है, वो भी पहले से ज्यादा तेज।
3. जुकाम या वायरल जैसे लक्षण:
डेंगू में बुखार के साथ सामान्य फ्लू जैसे लक्षण भी नजर आते हैं। इसमें सिर दर्द, आंखों में दर्द, आंखों के पीछे दर्द, बदन में दर्द और जोड़ों में दर्द के लक्षण दिखाई देते हैं।
4. प्लाजमा लीकेज:
प्लाजमा लीकेज डेंगू में खतरनाक अवस्था है। अल्ट्रासाउंड करवाकर प्लाजमा लीकेज का पता लगाया जा सकता है। ये संक्रमण के 3 से 7 दिन के अंदर होता है। अगर शरीर का तापमान कम होने लगे तो भी सतर्क हो जाएं, इसके अलावा पेट दर्द, लगातार उल्टी, सुस्ती वगैरह भी गंभीर लक्षण हैं।
डेंगू के लक्षण दिखें तो सबसे पहले प्लेटलेट्स काउंट चेक करवाएं साथ ही बीपी पर भी नजर रखें। कमजोरी और सुस्ती से इन लक्षणों का अंदाजा लगाया जा सकता है।
बुखार के साथ बार-बार उल्टी आना भी खतरनाक लक्षण है। लिवर एंजाइम की गड़बड़ी से ऐसा होता है। इस स्थितिस में डिहाइड्रेशन हो जाता है। कुछ खाने और पीने के बाद तुरंत उल्टी हो जाए, तो भी सतर्क हो जाएं।
7. असामान्य रक्तस्त्राव:
डेंगू के वायरस का असर खून के कंपोजिशन पर काफी होता है। ऐसे में अगर बुखार के साथ नाक या मसूड़ों से खून आए तो सतर्क हो जाएं। इसमें बुखार के साथ आंखें भी लाल दिखाई दे सकती हैं, साथ ही गले में खराश और सूजन भी खतरनाक है। प्लेटलेट्स के कम होने से खून का घनापन पढ़ जाता है, ये भी खतरे की निशानी है।
8. त्वचा पर चकत्ते:
डेंगू में बुखार आने के तीसरे या चौथे दिन के बाद अगर त्वचा पर लाल रंग के चकत्ते दिखाई दें तो ये सामान्य बुखार न होकर डेंगू हो सकता है। ये चकत्ते सबसे पहले चेहरे पर दिखाई देते हैं। इसमें चेहरा लाल भी दिखाई दे सकता है। इन चकत्तों में सामान्यता खुजली नहीं होती। धीरे-धीरे ये चकत्ते बाकी शरीर के साथ हाथ और पैरों तक पहुंच जाते हैं। इस स्थिति को गंभीरता से लें। कभी-कभी बुखार जाने के बाद खुजली वाले चकत्ते भी उभर आते हैं। ये चकत्ते पैर और हांथ के तलवे पर होते हैं, जिनमें असहनीय खुजली होती है।
डेंगू फैलने के मौसम में विशेष सावधानी रखें। आसपास कहीं पानी जमा न होने दें। कूलर में पानी बदलते रहें और सफाई का विशेष ध्यान रखें। डेंगू होने पर तुरंत डॉक्टर से संपर्क करें। इसके अलावा ज्यादा से तरल पदार्थ लें, आराम करें और पौष्टिक खाना खाएं।
डेंगू में नीम, तुलसी, गिलोय, पिप्पली, पपीते की ताजी पत्तियों का रस, गेंहू की बालिकयों का रस, आंवला और एलोविरा का रस पीने से फायदा मिलता है। रस से शरीर की प्रतिरोधक क्षमता बढ़ती है और प्लेटलेट्स के निर्माण में तेजी आती है।
शरीर को नैचरल तरीके से डिटॉक्स करने वाले 7 खाद्द पदार्थ
निरोग रहने के लिए शरीर के भीतरी अवांछित विषाक्त पदार्थ (toxins) को निकालना भी बहुत ज़रूरी होता है, क्योंकि इसकी अधिकता शरीर के नियमित कार्य में बाधा उत्पन्न होता है । अगर आप नैचरल तरीके से डिटॉक्स (detox) करना चाहते हैं तो अपने डायट में डिटॉक्स फूड्स को शामिल करें। लेकिन क्या आपको पता है कि डिटॉक्स फूड्स कौन-कौन से हैं?
- अंडा- अंडा एक ऐसा अमिनो एसिड युक्त प्रोटीन फूड है जो शरीर से विषाक्त पदार्थ को निकालने में बहुत मदद करता है। इसलिए अपने ब्रेकफास्ट में रोज एक अंडा शामिल करना न भूलें।
- ओट्स- ओट्स एन्टीऑक्सिडेंट और घुलनशील फाइबर (soluble fibre) का सबसे अच्छा स्रोत होता है, जो लीवर से पित्त को निकालकर शरीर के प्रतिरक्षी कार्य (immune function) को उन्नत करने के साथ-साथ चयापचय (metabolism) के दर को बढ़ाने में भी मदद करता है।
- प्याज़ और लहसुन – ये नैचरल प्रोबायोटिक (probiotic) के स्रोत होते हैं जो अच्छे बैक्टिरीआ के उत्पादन में मदद करते हैं। यह प्रोबायोटिक शरीर के प्रतिरक्षी कार्य (immune function) को और अच्छी तरह से करने में मदद तो करते ही हैं साथ ही डिटॉक्स करने में भी सहायता करते हैं।
- विटामिन बी वाले फूड्स- क्या आपको पता है विटामिन बी युक्त खाद्द पदार्थ हजम शक्ति बढ़ाकर शरीर के चयापचय (metabolism) के दर को बढ़ाने में मदद करते हैं? चयापचय अच्छी तरह होने पर शरीर से विषाक्त पदार्थ आसानी से निकल जाते हैं। विटामिन बी6 के लिए केला,विटामिन बी12 के लिए मछली और पोलट्री और विटामिन बी के लिए हरे पत्तेदार सब्ज़ियाँ खा सकते हैं।
- बीन्स और मसूर दाल (lentils)- बीन्स और मसूर दाल प्रोटीन का स्रोत होने के साथ-साथ जिन्क और मैग्नेशियम से भरपूर होते हैं। इनके ये गुण शरीर के चयापचय (metabolism) के दर को बढ़ाकर शरीर के विषाक्त पदार्थ को निकालने में मदद करता है।
- खट्टे फल- खट्टे फलों में जो एन्टीऑक्सिडेंट के गुण होते हैं वे शरीर को डिटॉक्सफाई (detoxify) करने में मदद करते हैं। खट्टे फलों (citrus fruits) में संतरा, मोसंबी और नींबू आदि आते हैं।
- दही- रोज दही खायें और निरोग रहें। क्योंकि दही खाने से शरीर में प्रोबायोटिक (probiotic) यानि अच्छे बैक्टिरीआ का उत्पादन होता है जो हजम शक्ति और चयापचय के दर को बढ़ाने के साथ-साथ शरीर से विषाक्त पदार्थ को निकालने में मदद करता है।
Can you think of anyone who is into cycling (professional or a regular cyclist) and has not faced any injuries? You would have to think real hard, as injuries are a very common part of cycling. Right from the stage when a person starts learning to whatever stage they decide to stop at, injuries are a part and parcel of it.
There are, however, some tips that can help you avoid or reduce the incidence of injuries and their impact. These are gaining importance, as there are more people getting into the sport. Follow these and have a happy time cycling away!
- Choose the right bike for your height and frame. Do not use cycles which are too small or too big for you.
- Always use a helmet of the approved standards and use the helmet lock. It does not prevent scratches and skin tears, but definitely helps protect your head.
- Common notion is that traffic rules don’t apply to cyclists. We all can remember how a cyclist gets off the bike at the signal and pushes the bike to cross over. This is wrong and the traffic rules apply as much to the cyclists as to the other motorists.
- Using hand signals to indicate stopping, turning or changing lanes is also a practice that cyclists must follow.
- When riding on the roads, keep safe distance from other vehicles. If there is a cycling lane, stick to it.
- Though cycling with music in your ears is very appealing, try not to do that, especially if you are on the road where you might not be able to hear honking from other vehicles.
- If you are cycling in a group, make sure you cycle one behind the other, not as a group.
- Do not try bike stunts like speeding, wheeling, etc., on roads which have regular traffic. Choose off-peak hours and quieter areas for these stunts.
- If you are crossing a pedestrian lane, get off the bike and cross it carefully.
- Try not to use the edge of the road from where it is easy to fall off. Riding on the road helps others to notice you, so ride accordingly.
- If you are riding at night, make sure you are wearing bright clothing; there are fluorescent colored bibs with reflectors available. The bike should also have reflectors, so others can see you and the bike.
- For regular practice, try staying in residential areas, compared to roads which have other vehicles.
- Ensure the bike is always maintained in a good condition with brakes and gears working properly. Get your bike serviced regularly, so it is well oiled and checked for proper functioning. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.