Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Anesthesiologists in India. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Roma Sharma
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Submit a review for Dr. Roma SharmaYour feedback matters!
I am 28 years old male, height 5'7 and weight 90 kgs. I am suffering from coccyx pain for 18 years. First in 99 it was diagnosed as hair line fracture, it got healed later slowly because due to school and college I was sitting on hard surface for long hours because I don't know about wedge cushions at that time, now I am sitting on wedge cushion but pain is there, what is the solution for my problem as it is becoming difficult to carry daily activities. Please advice me medicines.
Hi, I m 21 years old having a problem in my back and it pains very badly and I am unable to sleep since 2 days. And I m not able to see the object which is far from my eye sight as human can see it properly.
In Ayurveda, joint pain is known as 'Sandhigata Vata'. Arthritis and Joint pain are among the most prevalent problems faced by adults, mostly old people. As per ayurveda, 'vata Dosha' Is responsible for joint pains and other discomforts associated with it. Natural remedies and proper lifestyle techniques can be utilized to balance the 'vata' to lessen the occurrence and severity of joint pain. Factors including,old age, obesity, injury and strenuous physical activities (that require a lot of joint movements) are responsible for disturbing the balance of your 'vata'.
The following are some Ayurvedic home remedies that can be utilized to treat joint pain:
- Massage therapy: Warm coconut, castor, mustard, olive or garlic oil can be utilized to massage the affected areas to lessen the intensity of pain. If you massage the affected joints with natural oils, it improves blood circulation and relaxes the swelling and stiffness in the region.
- Hot & Cold Compress: Cold and hot compresses can be utilized to ease your joint pain effectively. Heat compression decreases the pain, increases the blood circulation and relaxes the swollen joints and muscles. On the other hand, cold therapy lessens the inflammation of the affected joint. Place hot and cold towel alternatively on the affected area to achieve immediate relief from persistent pain.
- Fenugreek: Ingest a teaspoon of ground fenugreek seeds and drink a glass of lukewarm water. Fenugreek has anti inflammatory and antioxidant properties that make it effective for joint pains.Follow this remedy every morning on a regular basis to achieve optimal results.
- Turmeric: Add a pinch of turmeric and a teaspoon of honey in a glass of lukewarm water and drink this solution on a regular basis for a week. Turmeric contains anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which makes it an excellent remedy for treating joint pains.
- Apple cider vinegar: Add 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and a little honey to a cup of lukewarm water. Drink this solution twice daily, before your meals. Apple cider vinegar has alkalizing effect, which makes it an effective remedy to remove the toxins that are responsible for causing joint pain.
- Healthy diet: A balanced diet that comprises a lot of green leafy vegetables and fresh seasonal fruits is good for your joints. The uncontrolled intake of fatty food, dairy products and high sodium diet must be avoided in order to avoid arthritis and joint pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Every action we do as a part of our daily lives is bound to have an impact on our body. For example, our nature of work, posture or physical activity can result in back pain, which can become chronic and frustrating. But, with physiotherapy, such issues can be managed efficiently.
Physiotherapy for back pain
Lower back pain can severely reduce an individual’s ability to work and affects his quality of life. If you are experiencing dull or sharp pain, the cause of this can range from a sudden injury or slowly build over time as a result of obesity among other reasons.
Physiotherapy is one of the most effective ways to treat back pain and has proven very useful over time. The practice includes specific exercises, stretching, dry needlingand most importantly massages that are performed by highly skilled physiotherapists. Such methods are beneficial to relieve discomfort and treat back pain. It is essential to receive physiotherapy after an acute episode of back pain since it helps avoid further complications while also reducing your need to visit your doctor frequently. Just like with any form of treatment, chances of prevention and recovery are higher when physiotherapy is received early on.
Physiotherapists shall also show their clients certain stretching and strengthen exercises that help strengthen the back muscles and shall offer expert manual therapy in the form of massages with essential oils to ease back pain and improve blood circulation in the targeted area. The increased blood circulation also helps repair tissue and nerve damage, thus setting the patient on the road to recovery. For some patients, massage is more than enough and is all they need to feel better and get healed. The special techniques used by physiotherapists during massage sessions help relieve tension and relax the aching muscles. There are various techniques of offering massage in physiotherapy and vary in terms of the type of hand movements.
What kind of treatment do you need?
Physiotherapy treatment occurs in its various forms such as deep tissue massage, swedish massage, manipulation therapy, trigger point massage and mobilization. Each of these types of massage tackles the various causes of back pain, and your therapist shall recommend the type of massage that shall suit the cause of your back pain after diagnosis. The physiotherapist shall also refer you to a specialized massage therapist who shall be highly skilled in the forms above of massage.
The proven effectiveness of physiotherapy is what has made it so popular even among athletes who are prone to pain and injury. Since physiotherapy can treat back pain in ways more than one, its effectiveness depends on using the right form of treatment which depends on your causes and symptoms of back pain.