Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Rohan ChawlaYour feedback matters!
Sir/madam please suggest me a best NIGHT DRIVING specs for me whereas I have spherical and cylindrical number.
I am suffering from eye problem last 4 days and my eye color now red only left side eye please can you suggest what should be done.
For some days I have a pain in the eyes and it became reddish I am having a bad problem of the red eyes. Please make a suggestion for this.
I am having headache in evry night from since last 3 months. I am using specs, is this serious or just normal headache? If serious then what to do? Please help.
I had terrible headache. It seemed to be originating from the eyes as my eye balls were aching. What could be the possible reason for this headache. Also my ear portion is aching.
I've been having clear vaginal discharge here lately, it soaks my panties. My vagina is healthy but sometimes burns or itches. A couple months ago my boyfriend took my virginity. I don't know if this has anything to do with it or not:/ but I did have my last period on time and my normal flow. What's going on, should I go see the doctor?
Hello Doctor! I have a mole under my eyes (Bumpy) Can you suggest me any home remedy or any cream to remove that mole permanently without surgery.
Hello my name is vikram my problem is my eyes are always stress and I am always fear in my every day life so help me.
Got hembrages at retina of my father's eye. It's an early stage of Dr. Dr said to LASIK surgery by giving injection of 26000 in eye, to slower down Dr. But there could be chance of cataract. So got confused what to do. Do you have any alternative.
Sir I have done my eye prk on 27 dec 2014 .it was all good but with time it decrease .give best sop to improve again Thnku.
I can not see without light in the night even I had done laser surgery one month ago. What did do now.
From last night when I m riding bike some dust went into my eyes and day before yesterday I put an eye drops in my eyes i-kull name something now my eyes are paining not even to blink what should I do.
I'm 22 I got eye irritation and sneezing from last 3 months I have been consulting doctors and taking tablets but no improvement what should I do now?
I am wearing specs since the age of 10 years .I m suffering from myopia. I want to remove my specs .I don't feel comfortable in specs sometimes I feel very awkward because I am not able to play any sports with the best of me.
Ebooks maybe are a lot easier to carry, and with the emerging trend of Kindles, it may appear to be more convenient than paperbacks, but the smell of new books, the texture of its pristine pages, is unparalleled to the inanimateness of ebooks. But that is not just why you must choose paperbacks over ebooks.
Read on to find out why paperbacks work well over ebooks for better eye health:
- Does not involve light-emission: The backlit electronic devices, strain your eyes, causing redness, irritation and watering. Most doctors advise that exposure to light during the evening, especially from artificial sources should be minimal. On the other hand, books do not emit any harmful rays, making it the obvious choice if you want to take good care of your eyes.
- Do not hamper body clock: Our system has a tendency to adapt itself to the rhythm of life by responding to the surrounding light. However, the blue light in reading devices disrupt the release of melatonin or the sleep hormone, causing inadequate, less deep sleep, and fatigue and irritation the following morning. Thus, not giving enough time to your eyes and body for revitalizing. On the other hand, studies have shown that people reading books sleep better and timelier than those reading on devices.
- Proximity to device not required: The admonition of not sitting too close to the television's screen glare is nullified by reading devices where a certain level of proximity is required for comfortable reading, which harms our eyes. But paperbacks do not have any such risk involved as there is no glare that would affect our eyes.
- Does not induce disrupted winking: Electronic devices often trigger a tendency to not blink and stare at the screen constantly for longer than advisable. That does not give the lenses in your eyes the momentary rest that the eyes require in order to replenish themselves.
Exercises to improve eye health:
There are many common measures people take to improve their eyesight or improve their vision. These include wearing glasses, lenses, sunglasses and many such measures. Here are some effective exercises which prove to be highly beneficial in increasing your eye health:
- Stretching: This is the most common and also one of the easiest to do. It requires you to just look up, hold for two seconds, look down, hold for two seconds, then repeat this procedure for each corner of your eye, which means top-left, top-right, bottom-left and bottom-right corners.
- Flexing: This is simply rotating your eyes in circles. Roll your eyes in the clockwise direction for one minute and then roll your eyes in the anticlockwise direction for one minute.
- Focus switching: This particular eye exercise is used for accommodation and is probably the most useful one. In this eye exercise, you have to hold something at a reading distance and cover the other eye. You then have to find something that is at least twenty feet away and trace its shape with one eye closed. With one eye closed, trace more shapes which are twenty feet away and this may improve your eyesight.
- Palming: This exercise is also very simple to perform. All you have to do is cover your eyes with your palms. Once you have done this, just wait and see that there are no bright flashes of light. If you see that there is a bright flash of light, just wait till they go. This is used primarily to destress the eyes.
- Deep blinking: This is also an incredibly useful exercise for distance vision. All you have to do is to place some large letters at a fair distance and then sit on a chair. You have to then close your eyes and tighten all your muscles for 5 seconds. After the gap of 5 seconds, open your eyes and see the letters for a second or two. The more time you do this the more clearly you will be able to see the letters after reopening your eyes.
Finally, a warning has to be given that these eye treatments are not universally accepted by all doctors.
Related Tip: "How Should You Exercise Your Eyes Everyday?"