Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Robin Khosa
Submit a review for Dr. Robin KhosaYour feedback matters!
I have lumps in my left breast. It has been quite a while since I've had them but I never got it checked. Also, they don't hurt either. In the beginning it was just one lump but not too long ago it has become two. Is this something I need to worry about? If yes, what should I do about it? Whom should I consult? Is it okay to ignore this?
Enlarged prostate is a disorder which occurs more likely in elderly males. It is basically the enlargement of the prostate gland and is also known as Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy. The prostate enlargement impinges itself on the urethra, and causes increased urination and other urinary problems. Enlarged prostate is usually treated by surgical methods and there is a common belief that there is no other treatment for enlarged prostate other than surgery.
However, homeopathy is a field of medicine which can be used for the treatment of an enlarged prostate gland. Homeopathic medicines are organic and completely natural, and aim at treating the underlying cause of an enlarged prostate, instead of just curing the symptoms.
Here are some primary homeopathic medicines, which are used for enlarged prostate treatment, along with the symptoms when they are used.
- Baryta Carb: This homeopathic medicine is an effective cure for prostate gland enlargement, especially in aged people. Frequent urination is the first symptom of this type of prostate enlargement. An affected patient will develop an urge to urinate every now and then and there is a burning sensation in the urethra during urination. Degrading changes are noticed in the vascular, cardiac and cerebral system. Memory loss and decreased libido are observed. The patient cannot tolerate cold, and perspiration in the feet occurs.
- Digitalis: Digitalis is an ideal homeopathic remedy for enlarged prostate in people with heart problems accompanied by frequent urinary symptoms. This type of prostate enlargement is common in older men. The pulse rate may become irregular or abnormal and oedema is observed in internal and external parts. Swelling of sexual organs is also noticed.
- Staphysagria: This homeopathic medicine is used in cases of an enlarged prostate gland along with dysuria. There is pain during urination and the patient feels pressure on the urinary bladder, and urination seems to be incomplete. Burning in the urethra while urinating is observed, and the sensation lasts even after urination.
- Conium: Conium is another efficient homeopathic medicine for curing prostate gland enlargement accompanied by frequent urination. This condition may arise due to an injury or a blow. Induration and hardening of the gland are caused, and it feels like a stone. There is great trouble in urination, and it seems incomplete.
- Sabal Serrulata: This is a popular homeopathic medicine for an enlarged prostate gland and is considered to be one of the best medicines for this disorder. Symptoms include irritation in urinary organs and increased urge for urination at night.
Homeopathy is considered to be an ideal treatment for an enlarged prostate gland for people who want to avoid surgery. With no side effects, homeopathy works naturally and gives great results.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I suddenly found a lump in my breast after I consulted with a doctor she suggested me to novex tablet for 10 days but After checking abt that tablet I am bit afraid to consume it please advise me whether it's advisable or not.
My brother aged 13 has sarcoma tumour in his legs below the fingers, he has undergone 4 chemos with each chemo session lasting 3 days at TATA MEMORIAL. Doctor there says that they have to cut his feet for safety saying that this will ensure that the disease doesn't returns back. Is this not curable with surgery or is there any other way to ensure safety and well being of him.
Renal cell carcinoma is the most common type of kidney cancer and accounts for 90 percent of all kidney cancers. Young children can develop another kind of kidney cancer termed as Wilms’ tumour. According to a study conducted by the World Health Organization (WHO), 20qw revealed that renal cell carcinoma has increased manifold over the past decade. The primary reason is the improvement of imaging techniques and the lack of healthy lifestyle practices by most adults.
Possible Causes of Renal Cell Carcinoma
There is still no conclusive evidence reported by any scientist about the exact cause of renal cell carcinoma. What doctors do know is the fact the introduction of renal cell carcinoma triggers when few cells of the kidney acquire a mutation in the DNA of a person. Mutation communicates the cell to divide and grow uncontrollably. This leads to an accumulation of cells that eventually forms one or multiple tumours and grows beyond the kidney.
Risk Factors For Renal Cell Carcinoma
Some of the common risk factors for renal cell carcinoma include the following:
- Old age
- Persistent smoking
- Exposure to substances such as herbicide, cadmium etc.
- A family history of renal carcinoma
- Inherited syndrome such as Hippel-Lindau disease, tuberous sclerosis complex, Birt-Hogg-Dube syndrome etc.
- An existing case of kidney failure
Typical Symptoms of Renal Cell Carcinoma
Renal cell carcinoma is hard to detect in its early stages. There is no routine test either that can readily diagnose this condition. However, certain symptoms such as blood in urine, fatigue, sudden loss of appetite, fluctuation of fever, pain in the shoulder or back area, sudden weight loss etc. can indicate renal cell carcinoma.
Feasible Treatment Options for Renal Cell Carcinoma
Most renal cell carcinoma is treated with surgery. There are several types of surgeries, and depending on the stage and spread of cancer, one of the types is opted for.
- Nephrectomy- This is a type of surgery that involves removing the entire kidney, some healthy tissues at the border, and other tissues such as adrenal gland, lymph nodes etc. The surgeon might perform an open or laparoscopic nephrectomy.
- Partial nephrectomy– Under this type of surgery, the surgeon removes a tumour and a part of the healthy tissue from the border of the kidney. This form of surgery can be done via a robotic, laparoscopic or open procedure.
- Cryoablation- This is a non-surgical method of treating renal cell carcinoma. Here, a needle is inserted into the kidney using image guidance, ultrasound, and cold gas. It freezes the cancer cells and limits their growth.
Apart from these, some other methods to counter advanced or recurring kidney cancer include targeted therapy, radiation therapy, biological therapy, partial surgery of the kidney, clinical trials etc.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My wife has problem while feeding my son lots of pain occur in her breast while feeding what should I do this problem has taken long time help. Me.
I am suffering from BPH and am now on Hytrin 1 mg tablet. One per day. I am interested to know if there is an effective drug in homeopathy for this. Can you please prescribe? How long it will take to get considerable relief from the drug?
Sildenafil (Viagra), whose function is to inhibit a substance called Phosphodiestarase-5 or PDE5 - was initially used only for the treatment of angina pectoris (a cardiovascular problem) and pulmonary hypertension. Incidentally, it was discovered that it could help the issue of erectile dysfunction too, and thus became hugely popular in the late 1990s. The little blue pill, as it was called, ruled more than 50% of the sexual dysfunction market for more than 15 years. However, as its popularity and usage increased, so did the scientific information about this drug, and now there is an increased speculation that it could be contributing to skin cancer, specifically melanoma. This is considered as one of the most dangerous forms of skin cancer and so the safety of Viagra sildenafil came into question.
Research has shown that users of Viagra sildenafil are at a higher risk for developing melanoma. There are reports stating that about 45 million men are at an increased risk of developing melanoma due to associated Viagra sildenafil use. The risk of developing melanoma was found to increase in men using ED drugs by 21%. Though there is no conclusive proof as yet that sildenafil is the cause, research is increasingly pointing out its role in melanoma. For example, PDE5 inhibitors (sildenafil, tadalafil, vardenafil) are known to promote melanin synthesis, which may exacerbate melanoma development.
The analysis of biochemical pathways of this correlation suggests that Viagra sildenafil triggers a special biochemical action involving the growth-stimulating cGMP (cyclic guanosine monophosphate (an intracellular signaling molecule) which in turn promotes the growth of malignant melanoma. In normal cases, the enzyme phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5) regulates the cGMP preventing any adverse cellular activity. Sildenafil inhibits the production of this enzyme, and potentiates a specific cGMP-related biochemical mechanism (called cGMP-cGKI pathway) , and thereby contributes to malignant melanoma. This has been proven to happen in mice and is yet to be proven in humans.
However, there are also reports which suggest that this does not happen due to Viagra sildenafil per se, but due to greater exposure to sun, which even otherwise increases the chances of skin cancer in general, and melanoma in particular. The countering theories also say that the population in which skin cancer was detected, comprised mostly of high income individuals who spent a significant amount of time holidaying on beaches and are not connected to the extensive use of Viagra per se.
Therefore, though there is a correlation that has been established, there is no definite proof that Viagra sildenafil causes skin cancer. It is however, advisable to use ED drugs after medical consultation. If a patient has a genetic predisposition to develop melanoma, it is advisable to seek medical advice before the use of ED drugs. Occasional use should not be harmful. Also, when going out in the sun, limiting exposure to direct sun and UV protection should be managed too. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.