Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ritu Punhani
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ritu PunhaniYour feedback matters!
Taken ipill after 7 days I got little bit brown bleeding for 4 days please tell now its safe or not?
My periods has started on 13 th April at 11 am. And ends at 17th April at 11 am. And now 19 th April today I was wake up in morning blood has there in my cloths. When it happens didn't know. But now no problem. And 18 th April I was vomited. I don't know what is the symptoms shown. And main thing is last month on May 28 I eat my boy friends semen. And he put his fingers to my vagina. And last month periods was start on 20 th may. Now why this symptoms shown. Periods over after one day blood has come.
I use have pain in my stomach on my periods. Even vomiting also. I even can't get up n do any work. I have always a very severe pain. What should I do.
My sister is 2 month pregnant. please anyone tell what are the food she must take in her regular diet.
My wife 6 week of pregnant Dr. has advice 75 mg Ecosprin 40 mg clexane and multivitamin there is no history of miscarriage but in her last she has gestational hypertension we had premature, growth retardation it require to take above medication.
I Have had an unprotected sex and the same day I Have taken the contraceptive pill .but the next day. Or after 24 hours of the sex I have taken avomine tablets since I had to travel. Now it's has been more than 72 hours and I don't know whether the contraceptive would have worked.
Liposuction is a process of fat removal from the body through means of suction. This process involves insertion of thin, small and blunt tubes through cuts and incisions on the skin. These tubes are then used to suck out the fats from your body.
There are multiple liposuction techniques such as:
- Laser assisted liposuction: In this technique, low energy waves are used to melt the fat which is then removed via the tubes inserted in the body.
- Tumescent liposuction: This procedure initially involves administration of local anesthesia to the part of the body where the tube will be inserted. A large amount of anesthetic solution is then injected into the fat tissues in the body before embarking on the traditional liposuction procedure. General anesthesia is not required for this procedure.
- Ultrasound assisted liposuction: In this technique, the fat is liquefied by using ultrasound waves. Using this technique, it is easier to remove fat from the sides of the body, upper abdomen and the back.
General info: The procedure is an outpatient procedure and generally does not require an overnight stay at the hospital. Usually local anesthesia is used in this procedure unless it is large amounts of fat that need to be worked on.
What is the objective?: The main purpose of the procedure is not to reduce weight, but to reshape certain parts of your body by getting rid of the fat. It is generally preferred for areas in your body which do not respond to either exercises or diet, such as the buttocks, upper arms and the legs. In some cases, it is combined with other procedures such as face lift, breast reduction and abdominoplasty.
What does it take care of?: Certain medical conditions such as fatty tumors, complications in fat metabolism and enlargement of the male breasts are treated by liposuction. You may notice an improvement in your body shape immediately after the procedure. The skin around the area where the procedure has been performed may turn loose and it may take a few months for the area to be normal again. After the procedure, a course of antibiotics may be prescribed to treat any infection that may occur. The recovery period is around a few days to one week. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Maine 2 october ko unprotected sex Kiya aur 4 october ko unwanted 72 li aur aaj yani 7 october ko subah Maine urine test Kiya ye negative hai, Kya Mai phir bhi pregnant ho sakti hu?
We had unprotected sex after 5 days of her mensuration. I have given unwanted 72 medicine to her after 24 hrs of unprotected sex. Is there any possibility of getting pregnant. Pls help out.
Female genital sores are painful eruptions that bear a red appearance which may cause severe itching and pain. These lumps and sores may be caused due to sexually transmitted diseases and other ailments like allergic reactions, dermatitis, and other irritants. These lesions are usually found in the vaginal area and may also be caused to a number of skin disorders which all affect this region. Let us find out how to treat this painful condition.
- Recognising the Sores and Lumps: Many of these cases go unreported because the patient may feel embarrassed or ashamed to come up with the problem. But one must recognise the symptoms and the appearance of such sores so that the doctor may take a look at the earliest signs of eruption, so as to avoid a flare up and increase in the severity of the condition. The symptoms include pain and itchiness in the area as well as burning and bleeding along with pain in the pelvic area and discomfort during sexual intercourse and urination.
- Causes: There are many reasons for these eruptions. Sexually transmitted diseases or STDs remain the top causes. Genital warts, genital herpes and chancroid which is a bacterial disease, can also cause this condition. Further, syphilis and molluscum contagiosum is a viral infection with pearl shaped nodules, which can also cause such eruptions and lumps in the genital area. Apart from STDs, other chronic conditions like inflammation of the vulva known as Vulvovaginitis, and contact dermatitis as well as atopic dermatitis, can cause this condition.
- Diagnosis: The diagnosis will usually be done with a pelvic examination as well as urine culture to show the presence of bacteria. Also, other blood tests may be done to detect the presence of cysts. The patient's medical history will also be taken into account, for such cases.
- Treatment: The doctor will prescribe a host of medicines including antibiotics and anti-viral medicines along with corticosteroids and pain relievers to help in treating these sores. Also, anti-itching ointments and medicines will be prescribed to make the condition less painful. These sores may also have to be removed with a minor surgical procedure at the doctor's clinic, in case they are too bothersome or painful.
- Home Remedies: The best way to take care of these sores is by taking a sitz bath with warm water and wearing clothes that will not brush against the area, which can cause further abrasions and discomfort.
One can prevent this condition by practicing safe sex with one partner at a time. Using condoms is strongly recommended along with routine testing and check-ups. All sexual contact should be avoided until the condition is cured completely.