Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Hi I am 29 years old. Getting married soon. I do not want my wife to get pregnant for next 3 years. Will it be a problem in conceiving when I am 32 years old? She is 25 now. Thanks.
I am 22 years old, have pcod. My regular cycle date was 18 sep 2016 ,that day I had intercourse. And it's 20th Sep do not have my periods. And the semen was slight inside rest outside, should I take ipill?
I m not having my periods from last 8 months. Can I know the cause of it and please suggest me its remedies.
Maintaining proper oral health is very essential for everyone but it becomes more important for women who are planning to conceive or are pregnant. Studies reveal that if a woman is suffering from gum disease, the chances of the baby being born prematurely or having inadequate weight increase.
Moreover, the alteration in the levels of the hormone in the body caused due to pregnancy might also trigger gum disease and a condition known as pregnancy gingivitis, which makes taking care of oral hygiene mandatory for expecting mothers.
How can you ensure proper oral hygiene before conceiving?
Visiting a dentist before conceiving is necessary to diagnose and treat any issues related to oral health, so that it doesn't affect the health of the baby in any way. During this visit, you can opt for professional cleaning of your teeth and proper scrutiny of your gum tissue to detect any oral health issues, which might influence your pregnancy.
How can you maintain proper oral health during pregnancy?
You can take the following measures to ensure that your teeth and gums remain healthy during pregnancy.
- Visit your dentist regularly - Pregnancy should not keep you from going for regular dental checkups. The dentist can conduct the requisite periodontal exams and provide you instructions for maintaining healthy gums and teeth during this period.
- Inform your dentist about the drugs you are consuming - Letting your dentist know about all the medications you are consuming and their dosages is advisable so that he/she can accordingly design your dental treatment plan.
- Don't avoid dental X-rays - If you need a dental X-ray, you can opt for it even while you are pregnant. Informing your dentist about your pregnancy will ensure that, he/she takes extra measures for your and the baby's safety by protecting your thyroid gland and abdomen from the rays.
- Consider morning sickness while choosing your toothpaste - Morning sickness often hinders with the normal process of brushing due to the taste of the toothpaste. In this case, asking your dentist to recommend a suitable brand for you would be the right thing to do.
- Ensure that you follow a healthy diet - Following a diet which contains a minimum amount of sugary snacks and more dairy products like yogurt and cheese is recommended for expecting mothers. This not only decreases the risks of tooth decay but also ensures proper development of the baby's gums, bones, and teeth.
Related Tip: 5 reasons to get regular dental cleaning
She is having irregular period. Recently periods get over and she had sex during and immediately after completing periods. Is there be any risk?
I had sex with my girl friend around 3-4 months back with all protections. As she informed me tht she got her periods after 2 weeks. Now she is facing some allergy problems like dust allergy etc, now she is worried tht she might hv got pregnant. I would like to know whether this sign indicates pregnancy? She had her regular periods till now.
How Does Sexual Dysfunction Affect Women?
* Hypoactive sexual desire is the persistent or recurrent deficiency (or absence) of sexual fantasies or thoughts and/or the lack of receptivity to sexual activity.
* Sexual arousal disorder is the persistent or recurrent inability to achieve or maintain sufficient sexual excitement, expressed as a lack of excitement or a lack of genital or other somatic responses.
* Orgasmic disorder is the persistent or recurrent difficulty, delay, or absence of attaining orgasm after sufficient sexual stimulation and arousal.
* Sexual pain disorder includes dyspareunia (genital pain associated with sexual intercourse); vaginismus (involuntary spasm of the vaginal musculature that causes interference with vaginal penetration), and non-coital sexual pain disorder (genital pain induced by non-coital sexual stimulation).