Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Amit Sharma
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Amit SharmaYour feedback matters!
Hello Madam, My wife didn't had regular periods since Feb 2014, we were married in July 2014 following which she consulted a local gynecologist who citing weakness recommended a tonic for regular periods. She had proper period till she stopped taking he tonic. Following which we consulted another doctor who suggested us to work towards becoming parents and gave ovulation injection in Feb 2016. But to her surprise the egg didn't burst bu gradually reduced in size, following which she stopped treatment and gave medicine for normal periods. During this period, we also consulted patanjali ayurvedic doctor who gave few Ayurveda medicines for normalizing period and create healthy eggs. But in september, my wife suffered heavy periods for a period of almost 20 days (we consulted doctor in between who gave medicine to stop bleeding, after which we went to govt hospital where USG was conducted and doctor informed us about PCOS and a big lump in right ovary. Doctor gave a course of overall-G for 3-months and few pain killers which stopped bleeding and regularized the periods. After 3 months USG showed that the multiple small cysts were gone but a large lump (size 60mmx54mmx62 mm) on right ovary was still their. An ultrasound conducted in Feb 16 suggested a slightly large right ovary (18 mm.) but radiologist said it is normal. Few days back we visited bansal Hospital, bhopal where sexologist and doctor diagnosed a lump in right ovary, but were unable to decide whether it is a cyst or some neoplastic? What should we do now? What is the best way to diagnose the nature of this lump in right ovary?
Recent years have witnessed the severity of acute respiratory infections. The main cause is exposure to more of respiratory Infection causing microorganisms. Everyone is at a high risk of exposure. The infections can affect all age groups equally. Therefore, you must know all about acute respiratory infections.
Acute respiratory infections may interfere in normal breathing. The infection often starts as a viral infection in the nose, trachea (windpipe) or in the lungs. In cases of non treatment, the infection spreads to the entire respiratory system. The infections are transmissible.
There are many respiratory infections of which causes are unknown. However, a few known viral causes are as follows:
- Adenoviruses: These viruses are known to have over 50 different types of viruses causing common cold, bronchitis as well as pneumonia.
- Rhinoviruses: These viruses cause common cold. Those individuals, be it young or old, who have a weak immune system can have an acute respiratory infection.
- Influenza virus: This is also known as Orthomyxovirus with six types of viruses, such as Type A, B and C, Isa Virus, Thogoto Virus and Coronavirus. Out of these, Type A is known to cause a severe disease.
- Enterovirus: This virus is associated with several human and mammalian diseases, including acute respiratory infection.
- Respiratory syncytial virus: This virus causes respiratory tract infections in the lower respiratory tract.
Bacterial causes are as follows:
- Bacillus anthracis
- Bordetella pertussis
- Corynebacterium diphtheria
- Pneumococcus: It is a cause of meningitis and Pneumonia.
- Streptococcus pyogenes
- Haemophilus influenzae
Few of the prominent symptoms are as follows:
- Itchy, watery eyes - Soreness behind eyes and often conjunctivitis
- Nasal discharge and congestion
- Having Sore throat
- Severe Headache
- Muscle pain
The first thing that the doctor tends to check is the breathing pattern of the patient, followed by a number of checks:
- Fluid and inflammation in the lungs
- Nose and throat checks
- X-ray or CT scan would be required to check the condition of the lungs in advanced cases
Ideally for viruses, there isn't any cure. Medications that are prescribed are for the symptoms.
- Cautious use of antibiotics for the symptoms can reduce adverse effects as well as decrease costs. It will also reduce drug resistance.
- A single oral dose of nasal decongestant used in common cold could be moderately effective to aid congestion in grown-ups for a short period.
- Alternate medications, such as the use of vitamin C help in the inhibition and cure of upper respiratory infections.
- Probiotics and vaccination are available for certain infections such as URTIs, Adenoviruses and Streptococcus pneumoniae.
- Best prevention is to boost your immune system.