Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Renuka SinhaYour feedback matters!
What is a Urinalysis?
A urinalysis is a laboratory test of urine commonly referred to by medical professionals as a “UA.” The urine is evaluated for the presence of certain chemicals. A microscopic exam of the urine is also done to look for abnormalities.
A urinalysis is indicated for evaluating pets with urinary abnormalities such as increased urine production, increased urinary frequency, straining to urinate, bloody urine or abnormal color to the urine. This test can also be helpful in cases of unexplained fever, loss of appetite or weight loss. A urinalysis is often done when indicated by the results of an X-ray, results of blood tests indicating a problem with the urinary system or as a follow up to physical examination when abnormalities are detected.
Any evaluation for health or illness should include a urinalysis. Urinalysis results can give an idea of hydration and kidney function; it can also indicate inflammation or infections in the urinary tract.
There is no real contraindication to performing this test. Even normal results help determine health or exclude certain diseases.
Why Is It Done?
Perhaps you might have noticed that even when you go for your routine health checkup, the physician would suggest you to undergo a urine examination. Similarly, when you approach the doctor for a certain specific ailment, then also the physician may suggest you to undergo a urine test. This test is necessary because urine provides considerable data to the physician to ascertain the cause of your ailment. Urine examination is very important as it indicates the state of your general health. A urinalysis is done for several reasons:
- To check your overall health: Your doctor may recommend a urinalysis as part of a routine medical exam, pregnancy checkup, pre-surgery preparation, or on hospital admission to screen for a variety of disorders, such as diabetes, kidney disease and liver disease.
- To diagnose a medical condition: Your doctor may suggest a urinalysis if you're experiencing abdominal pain, back pain, frequent or painful urination, blood in your urine, or other urinary problems. A urinalysis may help diagnose the cause of these symptoms.
- To monitor a medical condition: If you've been diagnosed with a medical condition, such as kidney disease or a urinary tract disease, your doctor may recommend a urinalysis on a regular basis to monitor your condition and treatment.
Other uses of urine examination:
Urine examination or analysis is also called as “urinalysis”. The urine examination reveals early signs of various diseases including ailments like diabetes and kidney diseases. Further, if you are suffering from any infection, the urine analysis will be helpful in determining the type of infection. It also helps in determining pregnancy.
Process of filtration:
As you know, it is the kidneys, which throw out urine. Further, urine contains waste materials removed from the blood by a process of filtration performed by the kidney. In fact, even the health of the kidney can be assessed by a urine examination.
Some of the other salient features of urine analysis are briefly described here:
- In the case of patients suffering from chronic kidney ailment, periodical urine examination will help the physician ascertain the health of the kidney. For example, presence of protein beyond a certain level would be a pointer to evaluate the health of your kidney. Interestingly, in some cases, a few people may release excess protein only occasionally. Therefore, during the course of urine examination, they might not have released excess protein. It is for this reason that the doctor may suggest repeated urine analysis to evaluate the health of the kidney.
- The process of urine analysis is normally grouped into three, namely visual colour examination of the urine, dip stick examination and microscopic examination. The type of examination normally depends on the ailment suspected. Further, depending on the results of urine analysis, the physician may suggest you to undergo various other urine tests.
- Sometimes the accuracy of the results of urine analysis can be affected because of certain medicines that you may be taking or dehydration and for various other reasons. In such cases, the physician may suggest you to repeat the urine examination after a few days.
In some cases, the pathologist may provide certain instructions before collecting your urine for a thorough examination. For example, you may be asked to go empty stomach or a few hours after the meals and so on. Follow these instructions scrupulously; after all, instructions are for the sake of your health and its benefits. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a nephrologist.
Myself and my fiance does not want any child for four years after marriage. So which is the best contraceptive pills to avoid pregnancy and with less side effects?
Mene apni girlfriend ke sath 5-6 days pehle sex kiya tha vo unsafe tha fir mene use unwanted 72 medicine dedi or uski period date kal thi vo ni aai please.
Yesterday a small dog bite me in my hand. My fingers got bleeding. I didn't take any treatment until now. please tell treatment is must for me?
Recently in part of my and my wife romance. My pennis was touched to my wifes vagina. Will she get pregnancy. If it gets how we will know with in short tym. Is there any possibilities in that situation to get pregnancy. We do not want pregnancy now.
Now she is in her 6th week of pregnancy. She has positive RH factor. For this she has been taking ayurvedic medicines for last 1 years. Now after conception she is taking ayurvedic for arthritis and allopathy for pregnancy. Is it ok? Second, what should be her diet as she is vegetarian.
Health Benefits of Banana Peel
Bananas have multiple health benefits and are commonly available fruit. They possess a wide variety of vitamins and minerals like vitamins B6, A and C, Manganese, Potassium, dietary fiber, protein, iron, magnesium etc. What many people don't know is the banana peel which is usually thrown away, has multiple health benefits too. It's interesting to know what they are:
1. Whitens Teeth - If you rub banana peel for a minute, every day, for a week on your teeth, you will have naturally white teeth without having to visit the dentist.
2. Removes Warts - The cheapest and simplest method to remove warts and stop them from reoccurring is rubbing the peel of a banana on the affected area, or sticking it there overnight.
3. Treats Acne - Getting rid of pimples is as easy as massaging banana peels on the face and body for five minutes a day until acne disappears.
4. Rids of wrinkles - Mash banana peel and add an egg yolk to it. This mixture works as a great anti-wrinkle face pack. Apply it on your face and wash it off after five minutes. Banana peels are known to keep the skin hydrated.
5. Gives pain relief - This might come as a surprise but the banana peel is known to provide relief from pain. Just place the peel directly on the part that is paining and you'll get relief in about half an hour. You can also make a mixture of banana peel and vegetable oil to apply on the pain affected area.
6. Heals psoriasis - Applying the peel on the psoriasis affected area moisturizes the place and reduces itchiness.
7. Relieves of bug bites - It is advised to massage banana peel on mosquito bites to get immediate relief from pain and itching.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: 15 Reasons Why Banana is Healthier Than Apple?
My vagina smells but doesn't itch me, please what's the cause of this and I'm always experiencing pain during sex with my fiancée, Definitely not my first time. First time was 6 months ago, pls what's happening? Is this Normal?
I had a sex with my lover at BEFORE. Last month I think 40 days past still now she didn't get a period please suggest me.
Just wanted to know after pregnancy confirmation how can we continue our sex life and can condom can be used.
Ayurveda is an ancient system of medicine, which originated in India. Liver cirrhosis is one of the many irreversible diseases which Ayurveda can treat completely. There are a number of Ayurvedic remedies which can stop the disease from progressing to its irreversible stage. Here are some of the most common Ayurvedic medicines which have been proven to slow down the progression of liver cirrhosis:
- Bhringraj: According to Ayurvedic doctors, Bhringraj is one of the best natural cures to liver cirrhosis. A teaspoon of bhringaraj juice mixed with honey is considered the best way to administer this herbal remedy.
- Katuki: Katuki is a better choice when the liver cirrhosis has occurred to someone elderly. Usually, the root of the herb is used in its powdered form. According to Ayurveda, Katuki should be taken three times a day with the powder dissolved in honey. Katuki makes the liver a lot better by making it reactivate the tissue and produce bile. Reducing constipation is another benefit which this provides.
- Arogyavardhini Vati: Arogyavardhini Vati is a compound of Katuki and copper. It is worth note that copper is also very useful in treating liver cirrhosis. The best way to administer this treatment is to give it in tablet form three times a day. The usual strength of the tablet should be 250 mg. The dose is often increased to four tablets a day if the condition is more serious than the doctors had thought it to be.
- Papaya seeds: Papaya seeds are another excellent Ayurvedic remedy for liver cirrhosis and especially alcoholic liver cirrhosis. They are also easy to be consumed as they can be taken either raw or in the form of a juice. One tablespoon of the juice of papaya seeds along with ten drops of fresh lime juice can really help improve your condition in just a month.
Finally, it should also be kept in mind that Ayurveda has a whole host of other medicines which can treat liver cirrhosis and these include triphala, trivala, vasaka and kakamachi.
My wife has ectopic pregnancy as per the Dr. We consult since last 1 year for family planning. Last sonography & HCG reports were done yesterday. On 7-01-16 sonography no development was visible. Now from yesterday's reports Dr. Has advised to wait till Friday morning for another sonography then will take decision what to do. She has little bleeding last week & then just 1-2 spots. Not having much pain or any other symptoms. What shall be the treatment. Will it be cured with any injection or we have to go for laparoscopy? As per the Dr. Sometimes it moves to uterus automatically. It's 6th week. She got last period on 2-12-15. Shall we wait or go for the treatment.
I have in my lower abdomen before 3 or 4 days of my periods but for 1st 1. Or 2 day I bleed a little brownish like thing what is that brownish thing n what to do for bleed.
I am 32 years old, last year in the month of june I removed my left ovary due to ovarian cyst which is dermoid. Since last 6 to 8 months I am suffering from pain in the left side in kidney along with pain in the muscles of both legs.
Hello doctor, I have a cyst in my left Overy that size is 62.5mm. Please tell me how should it remove.
She is 18 and we had unprotected sex a week ago and now she gets pain in her pelvic area and a general physician told to see a gyno but we are teenagers what should we do?
Are you stressed out lately and not being able to overcome it for a long time? With the holiday season approaching, you are bound to feel worse as your stress is bound to get in the way of celebrations. Winter is a promising time for celebrating, travelling and having fun, and you cannot let your patience and stress ruin it. Here are some steps following which you will be able to cope with your stress and anxiety, so that you can enjoy
Start with a clear mind:
- Realize that some things are just beyond your control. This is a tough thing to do, but you have to accept it just like the fact that you cannot control rain, sun, and the actions of people. Fighting against something beyond your control will make you stressed out and miserable.
- Realize that there are things, which are in your control. Focus on them and get a firm grip on them. The power of controlling your actions and reactions lies only in your hands. You can also influence your state of consciousness, your physiological responses, and mental processes.
- Learn to surrender and seek acceptance. Instead of resisting against the aspects which you cannot control, surrender to them. This does not make you weak, nor a loser. It is just accepting that you cannot change certain things.
- Be mindful. Stop for a moment, and try observing your internal experience, without any form of judgement. Try to become more conscious and aware of what goes on inside you.
- Take charge of your thoughts. The aim here is not to ignore and deny certain thoughts, but to transform them after analyzing and acknowledging them.
- Utilize your breath. It is an effective tool, which remains with you forever and connects your body and mind. Deep, slow breathing can be more beneficial than you could ever imagine. Keep inhaling and exhaling till you feel relaxed. This is excellent for calming your nervous system.
- Look at the brighter side of life, no matter how hard it may be. Focusing on positive things might make you discover a solution for your stressful condition.
- Take proper care of yourself. Self care is important for eliminating stress. You should take regular showers, eat balanced diet, exercise regularly, and carry out pleasurable activities.
- It is important for you to abstain from comparing yourself with others. Comparisons can cause distorted perceptions and increase stress. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.