Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. RenukaYour feedback matters!
1. Salt water gargles
2. Turmeric milk
3. Light excersice
4. Good sleep will boost your immunity & help you stay healthy in season change.
I have a very bad habit I sex my husband infront of my children I cannot control my solve by seeing my husband penis so how can I control my self? Is it harmful for my children?
Dear doctor, My weight is so less just 33 kg and my breast size is 25 I want to increase my breast so please give me idea what I do. And How?
It's been 5months that I lost my virginity. But I haven't orgasmed yet. Sometimes it gets painful. Why is it happening with me?
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is the most common hormonal disorder among women of reproductive age. Polycystic means “many cysts,” and PCOS often causes clusters of small, pearl-sized cysts in the ovaries. The cysts are fluid-filled and contain immature eggs. PCOS affects one in 4 women.
What are the causes behind it?
While the exact cause of PCOS is unknown, doctors believe that hormonal imbalances and genetics play a role. Women are more likely to develop PCOS if their mother or sister also has the condition.
Overproduction of the hormone androgen may be another contributing factor. Androgen is a male sex hormone that women’s bodies also produce.
PCOS is a syndrome disease defined by a collection of signs and symptoms. The symptoms of PCOS that one patient experiences can be very different from the symptoms of another patient. If you have two or more of the following symptoms, you need to have a thorough checkup to determine if you need PCOS treatment:
- Irregular or missing menstrual periods
- Excess or unwanted body or facial hair growth
- Thinning hair on the scalp
- Weight problems, often including weight gain around the waist
- Skin problems, including skin tags, darkening skin and acne
Does PCOS increase weight?
The answer is a ‘YES’. Most PCOS patients are overweight and are asked to exercise which helps control the symptoms but a lot many people have a completely normal body type.
What are the risks associated with PCOS-related weight gain?
No matter what the cause, weight gain can be detrimental to your health. Women with PCOS are more likely to develop many of the problems associated with weight gain and insulin resistance, including:
- Type 2 diabetes
- High cholesterol
- High blood pressure
- Sleep apnea
- Endometrial cancer
Many of these conditions can lead to heart disease. In fact, women with PCOS are four to seven times more likely to have a heart attack than women of the same age without the condition.
Benefit of Weight Loss with PCOS
Modest weight loss will not cure PCOS, but it will help. Weight loss can restore the normal function of the ovaries and result in normal hormone production. This may, in turn, lead to improvements in symptoms of PCOS, such as excess hair growth, acne or scalp hair loss.
Protect Yourself From Weight Gain
- Eat Right: A healthy diet low in complex carbohydrates, moderate protein and low fat is important, as this can help regulate blood sugar levels.
- Exercise: Start doing low-to-moderate activities like walking or swimming for 30-to-90 minutes per day because exercise (even without weight loss) has been shown to lower or get rid of insulin resistance.
- Lose Weight: The more overweight you are the more likely you are to be insulin resistant whether you have PCOS or not. Losing just 5% of your bodyweight will help lower your insulin resistance.
- Avoid Stress: Don’t over stress yourself as it increases the blood pressure level in your body and can’t help to resist with PCOS. So, try to stay as calm as possible.
- Get more sleep (at least 7-to-9 hours in a day): Not getting enough sleep can also make your insulin resistance worse, which in turn acquires you the weight.
- Cereals: Barley, quinoa, oats, oatmeal, muesli, bran flakes, whole wheat porridge, brown rice, multigrain bread
- Pulses: Yellow moong, green moong, chana dal, beans, whole pulses
- Dairy products: Skimmed or toned milk, soy milk, tofu, paneer, yogurt
- Fruits: Berries, plums, peaches, oranges, papaya, pears, watermelons, apples
- Nuts: Walnut, almonds, flaxseeds
- Vegetables: Carrots, peas, broccoli, lettuce, mushrooms, tomatoes, peppers, onions, cauliflower, celery, spinach
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
Hi sir / madm please tell me is their any solution to get relief from pain from menses stomach pain please help me.
My periods are delaying last it has come on 22 Nov n lasts up to 27 Nov but now oits 2 Jan its delaying .I don't know why m not even married or indulge any sex stuff still today o got pain in my stomach as I got during periods but periods still doesn't come.
Combipack of mifepristone tablets IP and misoprostol tablets IP. abortion pills. Kya ye suit krega mjhe.
We loved each other for 3 yrs. 1 year lot of quarrel & misunderstanding and then We married last year in june15. She was from chennai. Took her to bangalore with me. She is not interested in intercourse now. She is avoiding with some reasons like not interested. Take me out I do not like this place & family. But she was interested in sex 3 years before. Can you suggest me some medicine to indulge feelings in her and make interested in sex.
I have complete 9 month of my pregnancy 7th august and doctor gave me the last date 14 august. What can I do now wait till 14 Aug or operate.
White sticky vaginal discharge and burning sensation. What can I do? Too shy to go and get it checked by a doctor! Should I try the home remedies? Would garlic and yogurt (curd) work?
What should I be done for my baby is become fair colour my wife has second trimester 20 week but we have normal colour.
I am 25 year old female in the ninth month of pregnancy. My LMP is 10th may 2015 and EDD is 14th February 2016. My last sonography report indicated that there are two loops of cord around my baby's neck. So the doctor said she will do cesarean on the 26th of January as she does not want to take any risk. I don't have any other medical problem nor any pregnancy related problem. I just wanted to know is a c-section mandatory in my case or is normal delivery possible. Just a few days left please help me.
I am a married woman. We both have planned for a baby but my husband do not get that energy to have a successful intercourse due to his office pressure. Kindly help me so that I can gain some energy in him.
I can not have sex more den once at a time. I feel pain, dryness and injury after intercourse. Please tel me solution.
Nutrition is the best option for today if you don't want to consume lots of medicines tomorrow.
If the diet is not good, medicine is of no use and if the diet is good, then medicine is of no need.