Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in New Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Renu MahindruYour feedback matters!
My period date was 3 sep and in oct my date has missed so how many month I am pregnant? and what should I do to about it? please help me.
I am 18 year old. I have irregular periods so I had unprotected sex tho he ejaculated outside and it's like 15 days from the time we had sex and I haven't got my periods though I'd taken I pill right after the sex .but I do feel improper digestion and mood swings. What shall I do. Am I pregnant?
I am 21 years old and I am 17 weeks pregnant actually my baby weight is just 175g is it ok but my gyno Dr. saying nothing to worry if your health is good then but I am worried for my future baby I want healthy baby help me out.
How to use apsara tablet for women for pregnancy protection if I used 8 or 9 or any other day of period and after the taking tablet doing sex then it will help in pregnancy protection or not.
I'm 22 years old. I have been dealing with acne since I'm 13. I had mild acne. I have irregular periods but no pcos. I recently consulted a dermatologist. She did mesoporation and prescribed hyaluronic acid gel twice a day, and metronidazole gel once at night and minocycline tablet once a day. But still I'm getting new pimples though I'm taking treatment since 4 weeks. What are the best ways to treat acne problem. Quickly.
Metabolic syndrome: Causes and symptoms
Metabolic syndrome refers to a group of conditions that occur together and increase your chances of developing stroke, diabetes, and heart problems. This set of conditions includes high blood sugar, abnormal levels of cholesterol, abdominal fat, and high blood pressure. More importantly, having just any one of these conditions doesn't mean that you suffer from this problem.
What really brings about this condition?
Experts are still not sure as to what causes the development of this condition; the causes and risk factors can be manifold.
Some of the causes can be,
1. Insulin resistance - A hormone produced by the pancreas in your body, insulin plays the vital role of helping your body to use the glucose as fuel. The problem of insulin resistance causes your body to produce more of this hormone so as to tackle the rising glucose levels in your body. Closely connected to excess belly fat, it causes the development of diabetes.
2. Overweight or obesity - Instances of obesity can also cause you to develop metabolic syndrome. More specifically, abdominal obesity can see your prospect increasingly significantly. It can bring about problems like insulin resistance and other associated conditions.
3. Abnormal hormone levels - Even the behavior of hormones can affect your chances of developing this health condition. For example, the hormonal disorder like PCOS can cause metabolic syndrome.
4. Unhealthy lifestyle - Having too much of processed foods without an adequate amount of physical activity can increase your prospects of developing metabolic syndrome. Eating a heart-healthy diet, which is rich in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and fish can help to curb this problem.
How to identify this health condition?
When it comes to symptoms, this group of disorders doesn't reveal any specific signs but symptoms associated with individual health conditions that make up this group. You can come across signs like an increased waistline, or symptoms associated with diabetes like increased urination, a thirsty feeling, blurred vision, and fatigue.
Nonetheless, you're said to suffer from this problem if you exhibit these characteristics:
- Abdominal obesity marked by waist size of over 40 inches in men and 35 inches in women
- Triglyceride levels of 150 and above
- Blood pressure levels of 130/85 and above
- Fasting blood sugar measuring 110 and above
- Good cholesterol levels less than 50 in women and 40 in men
You might have come across this word ‘nutraceutical’ and you may have wondered what the meaning of that word is. Nutraceutical may be a food or a part of food that not only provides taste but also provides health benefits, including prevention or treatment of disease. Doesn’t that sound interesting, why we should use those medicines when we have something so natural as our food?
NUTRACEUTICAL= NUTRITION + PHARMACEUTICAL
The first thing that jumps to our mind when we think of wheatgrass is ‘What can a grass do to my body?’ But the truth will blow your mind- wheatgrass is an effective healer because it contains 70% chlorophyll, all minerals known to man and it is loaded with vitamin A, B-complex, C, E and K. it is extremely rich in protein and contains 17 amino acids, the building blocks of protein.
ALOE VERA JUICE
This spiky green gem is a very ancient plant which is known to have medicinal properties. An amazing skin tonic that restores skin’s natural beauty. It also replenishes your body with amino acids. Great source of vitamin A, B1, B2, B3, C, E, folic acid. Aloe Vera is one of the few plants that contains vitamin B12. This doesn’t just end with vitamins but it’s a superb source of minerals like copper, chromium, magnesium, zinc and potassium.
Who doesn’t like the sprinkling of cinnamon on fresh apple or tea? It’s just one of those spices that tastes awesome. But taste is not the only reason to love cinnamon, it has amazing health benefits too. It can cure arthritis, indigestion, heart disease, weight loss, bladder infection, fatigue, tooth ache, cold, upset stomach and cholesterol. Steep in hot water for a cup of cinnamon tea, place on top of your ground coffee before brewing, add to your breakfast oatmeal or toss in while cooking grains like rice or lentils- various ways and countless benefits.
The ‘mother’ of all vinegars- apple cider vinegar has wide-ranging uses which includes everything from curing hiccups to alleviating cold symptoms and many people have turned to apple cider vinegar to help fight diabetes, high cholesterol levels and it aids in weight loss too (thanks to its acetic acid content.) It is a natural cure for a number on ailments such as diabetes, asthma, migraines, blood pressure, arthritis and stomach illnesses.
Triphala, a cornerstone of ayurvedic medicine, is a composite herbal preparation of three fruits- ‘tri’-three ‘phala’-fruits. One of the most important component of triphala is amla or Indian gooseberry which is a tremendous source of vitamin C and a powerful antioxidant. Triphala has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. It boosts immunity, relieves constipation, purifies blood, promotes weight loss and improves liver function.
ISABGOL/ PSYLLIUM HUSK
Psyllium husk has a long history of use in traditional and herbal medicines. It is a natural, soluble fiber derived from husks of psyllium seeds. These tiny stuff grows up to 20 times when they reach our stomach and forms a gel-like mass that helps to transport waste to intestinal tract. It also been used to regulate blood glucose levels, lower cholesterol and relieve both diarrhoea and constipation.
There are ample references to guggul and its medicinal properties in ayurvedic medicine, which describes its use in wide variety of conditions. Some of these are obesity, heart disease, diabetes, arthritis and cholesterol. It also improves thyroid function, fat-burning activity of body and also decreases the risk of stroke.
Green tea is one of the most commonly used teas all over the world. While many people enjoy the mild taste of green tea, it may have more benefits than simply being a refreshing beverage. It may help you become healthier and fight certain types of diseases. You can lose weight, avoid flu, boost memory, lower bad cholesterol and even boost exercise endurance with the help of a tea, what more do we need?
Ultra sonography report: normal in shape & size with protuberant nipple there are no sub - areolarductal dilatation. Parenchymal echo-textures appear to be homogenous. Reveals few, more or less, well defined cystic s. O. L of varying sizes in both the breasts. Cyst in right lower outer quadrant: 0.61cm*0.27cm. Cyst in left upper inner quardrant: 0.80cm*0.74cm. Cyst in let lower outer quadrant: 1.24cm*1.26 cmcm. Another ill-definedhypoechoic s. O. L of size (1.21cm*0.72cm) is also seen in right upper outer quadrant. Thereare no axillary lymphadenopathy. Impression: breast cyst (bilateral) s. O. Lin right breast.
The Tulsi plant or holy Tulsi has been an intrinsic part of Indian history. It runs so deep within the realm of your understanding and profession of Hinduism or of an overly eastern way of life, that you use it as a metaphor for sanctity. Most Hindu households, both rural and urban, worship this plant.
The benefits of this herb have had the support of a huge mass of people who would not have settled for anything other than a scientific approval of their faith: the humor in this statement eludes most proving every bit of truth in it. Indeed, this healthy herb has been found to be helpful in more than a couple of ways and has thus, transcended the limits of domestic and cultural identities.
See for yourself how healthy is Tulsi:
- Fight off cancer with tulsi leaves: The Tulsi plant is widely sought after for its anti- carcinogenic properties. It is also known to counter bacteria and other viral infections. One may even use its leaves as an antibiotic. Regular consumption of its leaves on an empty stomach can rid you of recurrent problems like fever or cough and cold.
- Pamper your skin with a touch of health: Tulsi is known to detoxify and cleanse the human body. Most skin disorders arise due to underlying skin infections. These infections are usually the result of toxins. Applying a tulsi pack or drinking herbal teas can therefore be effective.
- Say goodbye to crushing digestive problems: Tulsi can build up your immunity against common conditions like diarrhea or dysentery. People suffering from slow bowel movement have also gained from this herb. It propels good digestion.
- A big threat to mosquito borne diseases: Treatment of Malaria and dengue incurs thousands. Using tulsi as a preventive herb can be of significant help. Tulsi is also known to cure hepatitis and tuberculosis.
- Bathe in tulsi water to remedy rashes: Adding tulsi leaves to your bathing water successfully deals with germs and bacteria. You can easily tackle itchy skin, rashes, and boils with this simple tip. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
It is important for you to have a healthy and balanced body in order to perform your daily activities well. People often think health supplements are efficient alternatives to a healthy diet and regular physical exercise while most of the doctors and nutritionists believe that there is no need for any health supplement if you take in right quantity and quality of food and engage in regular exercise. While health supplements are not alternatives to a healthy lifestyle, they are somewhat necessary for everyday health in the hectic lifestyles of today.
Nowadays, stress (learn more about for Controlling Everyday STRESS) is a constant companion and the foods that we consume are often not of proper quality. You may think that you are taking foods full of nutrients but pesticides and chemicals used farming diminish the nutrient content from the crops. This creates a necessity for taking health supplements for the proper nourishment of body.People with certain medical conditions also need supplements. Supplements fill the gap in your diet.
Beneficial health supplements:
- Pregnant women and breastfeeding (leanr more about the Benefits of Breastfeeding) women need iron supplements. Folic acid can be supplemented in your diet in order to reduce the chances of birth defects.
- You can take in vitamin D supplements if they don't get enough sunlight every day. Adults, especially after the age of 40 need vitamin D and calcium supplements to maintain bone health.
- Adults above the age of 40 are also advised to take vitamin B-12 supplements.
Supplements have some side effects depending upon your health condition. If you take some supplements along with some other medicines or before surgeries, they can lead to serious complications. Research has concluded that some vitamin and minerals supplements particularly iron supplements, increase the risk of death. So it is necessary to have a proper examination of the body before you take health supplements. The risk factors include:
- Taking vitamin B6 regularly in excess of 100 mg may lead to damage of your nerves
- Taking 400 international units of vitamin E on a regular basis increases the health risk and may even lead to premature death
- Taking multivitamins does not supplement poor eating habits. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor.