Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ravi GuptaYour feedback matters!
My child is 3 years old. She is 6kgs weight only, I mean she is very thin. I need her to get weighted. What are the medicines or foods should taken by her ?
My wife is 37 years old and my son is 2 months old. Some pain in my wife's breast during feeding every time.help me
How to effectively handle work related stress
The statistics on stress at workplace are staggering with half of respondents in studies reporting that they face higher than normal stress levels at work. Stress is a silent killer and can lead to serious health issues like stroke and heart attack. Stress at the workplace could be due to excessive workloads, unclear responsibilities, lack of control, unrealistic deadlines and noisy work environment.
While it is a good thing to be competitive and excel in whatever you are doing, it is also very important to learn to tackle stress and take life easy. Remember, we live only once! here are some simple and effective ways to handle workplace stress:
1. Seek support at work
Research has shown that having one good friend at work reduces the chances of quitting. Sharing your thoughts with another person not only reduces the stress levels but also might lead to discovering new ways to handle tough situations. Take proactive steps to be more friendly and sociable at work.
2. Manage work better
Try prioritizing better and not expecting perfection in every task. In case your role is over-loaded, try talking to your manager to reduce the load or if possible, delegate some work. Accept that you have certain limits to your productivity and do not try to prove yourself by over-working.
3. Get moving
It is a proven fact that exercises in any form reduces stress levels. Try to exercise for half an hour daily in the form walking, swimming, playing a sport or running. You can take short walking breaks at work that can add up to half an hour in a day.
Reduce weight with weight management products &gt;&gt;
4. Try breathing exercises
Breathing deeply for four counts on inhale and exhale can reduce stress levels immediately. You can try alternating breathing exercise i. E. Long inhale with one nostril and exhaling with the other nostril, which brings focus and energy in the morning before starting work.
5. Take a power nap
10 minutes of shut eye goes a long way in recharging your tired brain. Any longer than 15 minutes will end up making you groggy. Just put your head down on the desk, and clear your mind of all thoughts for 10 minutes.
6. Eat right
Food has a big role to play in determining our stress levels. Avoid processed food, sugar and high amount of refined carbs like flour, white rice etc. Maintaining your blood glucose levels by eating more complex carbohydrates that are slowly digested like ragi, jowar, bajra gives you steady energy levels throughout the day.
Take care of your sugar, liver, skin &amp; more with ayurvedic products
7. Get enough sleep
Over-worked employees often cut back on sleep and try to squeeze in work at night. Over the long term, this practice can severely impact your health and leads to more stress. A restful night's sleep of at least 6 hours is mandatory for all adults. Lack of sleep causes irritability and diminished ability to deal with stress. Avoid looking at laptop, tv or phone screens when you are trying to fall asleep.
You have to take charge of your own work-life balance and draw the line where you feel uncomfortable since no one will do it for you. Over-working might give benefits in the short term in terms of recognition and promotion, but it causes emotional, mental and physical burnout in the long term. Stay healthy, stay happy.
My 10 years son is suffering from indigestion and he stops motions and its spreads his pants every time. I see him doctor and gives medicine and its work for few days and problem continues.
My 2.5 month daughter's stool is of green colour and is in liquid form. From last week, I think it's after giving her vaccination. Is she suffering from loose motion? Is it harmful?
My son is 1 and half months old. Only on FM nan pro 1.i want to know when I can introduce semisolid food and cow milk to my baby. As someone says on 4 th month some says we can't give before 1 year. please help as only FM is little bt tough to go outside home.
Sir, I have one month baby. After he drink milk from his mother immediately getting vomiting. Here we already consult doctor he told baby has gas inside and gave medicine we are using but not effective. He is not getting sleep after he drink milk. What should we do.
My baby is 3 months old. She has constipation from birth. She takes 3 to 4 days to pass the motion. Can you suggest a solution for this?
I have a 18 Months baby. Doctor told that baby dose not have enough blood in the body. What can I do?
Will their be granule formation due to bcg near neck. My son of age 3.5 month got a granule near neck, we have noticed it at 1.5 month and consulted a doctor he is saying that it is due to bcg so I am worried about it.
Which which tests of a 5 months girl baby of approx 6+ kg weight must be done. Even if all the dose are given.
Hello doctor, today I took my daughter for blood test. She is 4 years, wt 17kg. Height ok. Some different test results are as follow- heamoglobin- 9.5, pcv- 28, lymphocytes- 62, eosinophils-06, neutrophils-28. All other results are withing limits. Blood group b+. Our medical unit doctor prescribe her 1. Syp. Tonoferon. 3 month. 2. Noworm for 3month. One dose per month. 3. Advise to take fish, meat, iron reach food. In our generation no thalesymia history. Her mother also haemoglobin--10.8. Low. Please advise us for my little one and her mother.
Hi my baby from 8 days he have more motion 10-12 a day s it normal .and he s just 2.5 kg I wanna increase his weight please suggest.
My baby is 8 month old, My pediatrician says that My baby has Hemoglobin mild deficiency, Is occurs generally all infants Is Right sir?
Anxiety is a common issue with growing teenagers. It is not the typical anxiety before exams or academic projects. It is more than that. Anxiety may be the result of the hormonal changes, which predominantly affect the adolescent years of growth. While your body copes with different changes, your mind tangles between the future liberty and present restrictions. Knowing certain facts about this anxiety trail can help you to cope with it.
1. Anxiety is not always a disease: Anxiety is not always a disease. It is a normal phenomenon among adolescent teenagers. However, in certain cases it may be severe for some teenagers. They may feel crippled with anxiety. Under such cases, one would require psychiatric help.
2. Talk to someone: A great way to relieve yourself from stress due to anxiety is to speak with someone. It can be a friend or someone close to share your thoughts. If you know the reason of your anxiety, share it, discuss it. You will definitely feel better.
3. Take a break: Entertainment and break from academic work and schedule is necessary for teenagers to lower anxiety traits. However, if the anxiety is due to peers, you may even take a break from them and engage in family.
4. Cry out loud: It is not a silly thing to cry when you are stressed under anxiety. Crying is an emotional outburst which essentially relieves the stress due to anxiety and lets you control the emotional disturbed state of mind.
5. Good sleep: Sleep is necessary for both mental and physical rest. You need to overcome from the fatigue of routine works, stressful events, peer factor, etc. Catching the essential 8 hour sleep is a great way to overcome anxiety issues.
6. Don’t be conscious: Anxiety is a common factor among all your peers. You are not the only one coping with anxiety stress. So, take it light. Relax and don’t be conscious about your anxiety problems. Consider them to be temporary.
7. Be confident: Losing confidence under the stress due to anxiety can be even more disastrous. The effects will never be better. So be confident about whatever you do, whether right or wrong. Every person learns from his own activities. Whether right or wrong, everything will give you a lesson. So you will never be a loser, you will win a lesson.
8. Don’t feel stupid: Being stressed with anxiety is not abnormal or stupid. Everything is okay with you, and you are not the stupid fellow out there.
9. You are not weak: Anxiety is not a sign of weakness. You can rather make it your strength. Fight it back and keep your energy and enthusiasm high.
10. Anxiety is temporary: As you move ahead of the adolescent period, anxiety will faint. You will be more confident and matured, able to tackle anxiety. So consider it to be an affair of a few years. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.
My 4 months old daughter is crying every day and night with only few hours of rest. Please suggest the remedy for this cause.
He is my son he is now 3 months old but wo healthy nhi ho raha hai I give him cows milk or apna bhi pilati hu. how can he be healthy please give me your prescription.
Hello Doctors, Good Morning. This is regarding my sons health condition. He has 10 months old baby. When I am try to feed cerelac he has constipated. I have used medicine SORBILINE and GUTCLEAR prescribed by near by doctor. But If I use that then only my son is not constipated. I have stopped both medicine and cerelac I gave him only milk then there is no problem. Help me understand and do the needful. Guide me for foods and as well as my problem resolution. Even motherfeed also giving.
Fever in children is a very common phenomenon, but still parents absolutely dread it. It can completely break your heart to suddenly see a happy, healthy child not getting up from the bed. Your first instinct when that thermometer crosses that dreaded 100 degrees F is to rush to the doctor for an immediate cure. That is probably the best remedy as a doctor can often catch additional signs of any disease that you may miss out on. Beyond that, here is how you can understand about fever in children better and how you can help. Technically, your child has fever when the body temperature crosses 100.4 degrees F.
Some children manage to stay active even then, but slowly get bogged down with muscle pain or other accompanying symptoms like cold, diarrhea, vomiting etc.
- Causes: Fever is normally caused by the body's reaction to fighting an infection. (That is why most doctors say it's a sign of a robust immune system). When the body's natural defense system is stimulated, the core inner temperature rises, thereby making it harder for the bacteria and viruses that caused the infection to survive. Most fever subside on their own but that's a tough thing to accept as a parent who only wants to see their child up and running as soon as possible.
- What you can do: Keep an eye on that temperature obviously. You need to find a doctor the moment the fever crosses the threshold temperature (101+ for less than three months olds, 102+ for 3-6 month olds and over 102 for older children). You should also see a doctor if there are accompanying symptoms or if you've given a dose of Paracetamol but the fever shows no sign of subsiding. It might happen at midnight and beyond, when no regular pediatrician is unavailable. So it is best to find out which hospital has an emergency center capable of handling such eventualities near your home.
- Fever medications: It is super important for parents to know that fever medications must be given in the correct dose at the right times based on a child's weight, age, and overall health. An overdose can lead you straight to the emergency room. Don't mix a cold/cough medication that also has a fever medication in it.
- Home remedies: Encourage your child to drink as much fluids as possible to prevent dehydration. Some doctors advise complete body sponging to bring down the temperature and this can be done as long as it doesn't cool the body too suddenly (there are contradictory notes on this practice, so do consult you doctor before your do this).
As parent, it is important you equip yourself with the right knowledge before you provide treatment to your child.