Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rashmi JainYour feedback matters!
My bf use sometimes his fingers to rub my clitoris. Insert his fingers to my vagina. Problem is now I'm addict to this. Is this causes any side effects? How can control it. Please help.
Sir I am a lady. I have severe pain in my both breast from one years. What is the cause of this and what I can do for it.
I am mother since 4 month n I did not got my periods too my husband came for 6 days n after he went I got a little bleeding n thn stopped and now m having pregnancy symptoms like nausea headache cramping dull face when I have done my pregnancy test I got it neg what does it mean but I feel m pregnant am i. Help me.
I had a sex with my partner and had an ipill. In afternoon. Then I drunk a lot at night and again I did sex. After that I vomit due to over drunk. Should I need to take another ipill or not.
I am a 30 year old female n trying to conceive from last 2 months. It's been 3 years of our marriage. We have been using condoms till now. Can you please tell me that using condoms make it difficult to conceive later on when trying to conceive. We are having sex during the fertile period. Please assist that how long does it generally take to get pregnant. Thanks.
I am suffering from subchroinic bleeding and is suggested bed rest is it safe to eat lemon.Please tell.
Suffering with pcod. Want to conceive early. Taking homeopathy medicine for last month. Irregular periods. One daughter. One abortion. Please help.
I get lot of white discharge. What may be the reason. Initially I thought that it was a sign of pregnancy. How can I reduce it.
Quinoa is considered to be one of the world's healthiest foods. It is gluten free and high in protein. It is among the few plants which contain all 9 essential amino acids. Quinoa is also rich in fiber, iron, potassium, phosphorus, Vitamin E, vitamin B and other beneficial antioxidants.
Here are 11 health benefits of quinoa:
- Quinoa comes in red, white and black colors. It is an edible seed and becoming very trendy among the people who are health conscious. It is loaded with the richness of many important nutrients.
- There are many trace nutrients present which are very healthy for the body. These include flavonoids which are basically the plant antioxidants which have beneficial effects on the health. Quercetin and Kaempferol are flavonoids and are found in large amounts in quinoa. Both these molecules have anti viral, anti inflammatory, anti cancer and anti depressants effects.
- Very high in fiber, much higher than most grains: It is high in fiber, but boiled quinoa has less fiber in it as it is absorbed by the water. It has almost 17-27 grams of fiber per cup.
- Gluten-free and perfect for people with gluten intolerance: A gluten free diet is considered to be healthy as long as the starches are not refined as this causes a problem. If gluten foods with refined sugars are consumed they are equal to consuming junk food. Quinoa is a natural gluten free product and is used in gluten free recipes. This increases the nutrient value and the antioxidants of the gluten diet.
- Amino acids make up the protein. Some of these amino acids are known as essential as we need to get them through diet. Many plant foods are deficient in some essential amino acids like lysine. But quinoa is an exception, as it contains all the nine amino acids.
- The glycemic index is usually done to measure the blood sugar levels. On eating foods high in glycemic index, it can stimulate the hunger and leads to obesity. The glycemic index of quinoa is 53 which is low.
- Certain nutrients like magnesium, potassium, zinc and (for women) irons go missing from the diet. Quinoa is very high in all these minerals, especially magnesium.
- Quinoa can lower blood sugar and triglyceride levels thus improving metabolic health.
- Quinoa appears to be very high in antioxidants, which are increased even further after the seeds are sprouted.
- Helps in losing weight as quinoa is high in fiber, protein and has a low glycemic index.
- Quinoa is very easy to include in diet.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist and ask a free question.
Preconception care refers to the care that a woman should take before getting pregnant. This refers to all the procedures and measures to be taken by a woman before pregnancy for maintaining good health before giving birth. Good preconception care also ensures proper health of the to-be-born child. Seeking information about pregnancy is also a part of preconception care by which a woman can prepare herself better physically and emotionally before childbirth. Visiting doctors and health practitioners is a part of preconception care. The body is prepared for giving birth during preconception care.
Nutritional supplements during preconception care:
Certain nutritional supplements are recommended for women during this stage. Folic acid is an important vitamin which enables healthy growth and development of the baby. Folic acid reduces birth defects like spina bifida.
Other healthy supplements which a woman may require during preconception care include iron, zinc and calcium. A healthy, balanced diet and drinking a lot of water are also important.
Visiting a doctor is necessary during the preconception care. You will require a detailed physical health checkup and required guidelines from a health expert. Recommended blood tests include full blood count, testing of ferritin levels and testing for rubella. Urine tests and blood pressure checkup are also vital. You can also take the package for Living Healthy - Woman.
Moreover, several measures and steps must be followed by a woman. They include the following:
- Having a proper diet with sufficient water intake along with nutritional supplements is very important.
- A woman during preconception care should quit smoking or reduce the amount of smoking profusely.
- Large amount of caffeine should be avoided. A woman should consume less caffeine containing products such as coffee, chocolates or soft drinks.
- Alcohol should be avoided strictly as it may reduce the chance of pregnancy.
- Medication without recommendation of the doctor should be avoided. A woman should not use any medicine without being prescribed by the doctor.
- Contact with any kind of chemical should be avoided and natural, environment-friendly cleaning products should be used.
- Overheating of the body should be avoided, and a woman during preconception care should keep away from spas and saunas.
- A regular exercise schedule must be taken up for health benefits regarding pregnancy. Lack of working out may give rise to various health problems in women before pregnancy.
- Any kind of stressful activity should be abstained from, and a woman during preconception care should not lift heavy objects, which cause strain.
- Relaxation techniques should be practiced by a woman to keep mentally healthy.
A woman during the preconception care period should follow all required guidelines given by a doctor. Avid care of the body should be taken to ensure a healthy childbirth. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized gynaecologist and ask a free question.
Hi Doc, My friend got married last Oct after 7 yrs. Of affair. Interestingly she and her partner were very true to each other and never became intimate during der affairship. Now the issue is dat dey haven't had sex ever since got married cause she is highly traumatized about the pain it would cause n on the other hand her better half doesn't know how to begin in short how to do sex? there is alot of luv betweeen them but now dis is killing there relationship. please help.
According to international study a healthy diet of fruits vegetables nuts whole grains and fish lowered the risk of a repeat heart attack and stroke and death from heart disease
And also suggested and proven that using smart phones to keep track of calorie intake and physical activity can be highly effective in helping people shed pounds.
We can differentiate between the milk from a cow or a buffalo by looking at its color and thickness. While being different from one another in terms of composition and richness, both cow and buffalo milk possess properties that give them their unique nutritional value and health benefits. Including them in your daily diet can help you to stay fit and strong. Here's a look at what they offer, and which one can be the most appropriate for you:
1. Fat content - It's the fat content of these two milks that instantly make them different from one another. Of the two, buffalo milk has a higher percentage of fat content, which keeps your stomach fuller for a long time. On the other hand, cow's milk is easier to digest due to its low-fat content. When it comes to the fat percentage in buffalo milk, on an average it is two times more than that of cow milk. So, if the average fat content in cow milk is 3-4% that of buffalo milk is about 7-8%.
2. Protein content - Buffalo milk contains more protein in comparison to cow milk, which can make it more difficult to digest. It comes with a protein content that is in the range of 4.2%-4.5% and is 11% higher than that of cow milk.
3. Cholesterol content - Cholesterol levels differ in both the milk, with buffalo milk being significantly lower in cholesterol. While buffalo milk has a cholesterol content of 0.65 mg/g, cow milk records 3.14 mg/g of cholesterol.
4. Water content - Cow milk reports higher water content compared to buffalo milk. This is because it contains fewer solids with about 90% of the milk being composed of water. It's this high water percentage that gives cow milk its hydrating quality.
5. Calorie content - Since buffalo milk comes with more proteins and fat, it has more calories. For every 100ml of buffalo milk, you consume about 100Kcals. On the other hand, cow milk contains about 70 Kcals.
If you're on a diet to lose weight and improve your metabolic processes, cow milk would be the most appropriate option as it is low in fat, protein and calorie content. On the other hand, if you want to gain weight and strengthen weak bones, buffalo milk is what you should have daily.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.