Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Rama Kant KaushikYour feedback matters!
Hi I have recently diagnosed thyroid and blood pressure I am using Levo thyroxine 50 and rami April 2.5 everyday morning. As doctor suggested me to reduce weight I started going to gym I am loosing weight very slowly. Can you people suggest me what kind of food I can eat every day. How many calories I should eat. I am from netherlands , Amsterdam, can you suggest me according to amsterdam food availability what kind of protein should I take? For fitness training?
What is the difference between Metformin Hcl IR and metformin Hcl SR. Which is better for a diabetic?
I want to know why my body always become sweaty at anytime and I drink water to alot and specially underarm always wet so give tips and tablet.
I'm 26 years old I have a ring worm in my hand thigh now it is on face too I have applied ring guard for 1 month 15 days but it increasing day by day. I don't know what happened to me please help me what to do sir.
Hi doctor. I am 25 year old girl. I am tensed about my gastric problems, also constipation problems. Due to these my tummy increasing day by day. and also get irritated with so many medicines which I use to take regularly for my problems. Please suggest me a good cure of all these problems. Thanks.
Now days I frightened to be in connection with any lady due to erection and premature ejaculation. Suggest any good medicine as I used duralast30. But it does not worked.
From past 1 nd half month you m drinking green tea with lime juice nd little bit of sugar in every evening. I just want to know that is causes any health problem for me in future because I am just 28 years old nd unmarried girl?
Hi sir, I am having digestion problem and my weight is increasing I used to drink upto 3 ltrs of water but no use I am not getting motions properly pls give me a suggestion fr this.
Diabetes is the condition where the blood glucose levels in your body tend to be quite high and can have an adverse effect on many of the organs in your body. The eyes are no exception and can be quite adversely affected by diabetes as well.
Let's look at the various problems you could face if you have diabetes:
1. Blurry vision: Diabetes can cause the lens in the eye to swell and this will affect the way you see. Because of the increased lens size, the eyes have difficulty in focusing on objects resulting in blurry vision. You will have to get your blood sugar levels back to normal and only then the vision will begin to correct itself. This will however take time to happen.
2. Cataract: Blurry vision for an extended period of time which progressively gets worse can be a symptom of cataract. Although cataracts can develop even with normal patients, they tend to accelerate and happen earlier in adults who have diabetes. Cataracts are usually fixed with surgery where the natural lens is removed and replaced with an artificial lens.
3. Diabetic retinopathy: Diabetic Retinopathy and Retinal Detachment are one of the leading causes of blindness in adults who suffer from diabetes. The retina is a very important part of the eye which allows us to see the images by capturing light and then sending them to the brain via the optical nerve. With diabetic retinopathy the smaller blood vessels in your retina may get damaged and thus end up causing damage to your vision. This can be of three types:
- Proliferative Retinopathy: In this condition very small blood vessels grow from the surface of the retina. The retina is the film at the back of your eye , and the tiny blood vessels are capillaries. These growing blood vessels are very delicate and bleed easily. If you have had diabetes for years your retinae may develop this condition. As the retina is damaged by diabetes, the diseased retina releases special growth chemicals. These chemicals make tiny blood vessels grow: these are called 'new blood vessels.
- Background Retinopathy: Background or nonproliferative diabetic retinopathy (NPDR) is the earliest stage of diabetic retinopathy. With this condition, damaged blood vessels in the retina begin to leak extra fluid and small amounts of blood into the eye.
- Maculopathy: The macula is the central area of your retina. It is responsible for all your sharp vision, such as used for watching TV or reading. It can become damaged in diabetes, with leaks developing (oedema).
4. Glaucoma: This is a condition where fluids build up inside the eye and it results in the pressure within it building up. This may damage the blood vessels within the eye and cause vision changes. Problems within the eye may not be detected till you experience vision loss. Some of the symptoms of glaucoma may include:
- Blurry vision
- Watering from Eyes
- Difficulty in vision
- Pain in the eyes
- Lights appear to have halos
Treatments: Blurry vision also tends to go away slowly once the level of blood glucose is controlled either via medicines or by diet changes. However, glaucoma or diabetic retinopathy may require a range of medicines to ease the pressure on the eye or to discharge fluid buildup. If none of these works, then relevant surgery may be required to resolve the problems.
I suffered from jaundice 7 years ago and typhoid 3 years ago. Inspite of great efforts, I am unable to gain weight. What should I do.
I am 60 years old male and have prostrate gland since two years. Having no improvement I have decided to get homeopathic treatment. Any kind advice from home Dr. the type of home medicine?
I have sexual problem my penis not erect properly while intercourse with my wife Please help suggest medicine.
Vitamin D is rightly called as a sunshine vitamin because sunlight is the richest source of vitamin D.
The body must have a good supply of Vitamin D as it helps to absorb calcium while promoting bone growth. Without sufficient Vitamin D, children develop rickets, having fragile misshapen bones in adults. It also accounts for breast cancer, prostate cancer, colon cancer, depression, weight loss and heart diseases.
Primarily Vitamin D helps in :
Strong Bones – Plays a role in making strong bones. They are responsible for absorbing calcium and promoting strong bone growth.its most important function, Vitamin D is directly related to bone health. Vitamin D helps in calcium absorption and this directly with the concentration of blood and mineralization of the bone.
Help in Regulating the Immune System – It is now clear that Vitamin D helps the immune system. Studies have shown that the immune system defends the body from foreign bodies and invading organisms, it acts as a protective shield for the body.
Helps Neuromuscular systems- Vitamin D acts as a hormone in your body and there are many vitamin D receptors. It helps regulate neuromuscular systems and impacts protein synthesis.It helps regulate the neuromuscular system.
Vital for Immune Health- Vitamin D is vital for immune health as it acts as a deterrent for many autoimmune diseases. Alteration to insulin to cold hands may be symptoms of autoimmune diseases and Vitamin D plays a vital role by playing a deterrent.
Low Vitamin D and Fatty Muscles – Lack of Vitamin D may lead to fatty muscles. There is a strong relationship between vitamin D and the status of muscles.
Rich Sources of Vitamin D- Vitamin D is a fat soluble vitamin thus its rich sources are-
A- Whole Milk and milk products like curd, paneer, cheese etc
B- Egg Yolk
D- Organ Meat like liver