Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Ram Saran SachdevaYour feedback matters!
Since last week I have a headache. Now it has been almost 6 days, I have pain around my forehead region and in my eyes, it feels heavy heavy in my eyes and in my forehead. I have tried Medicine like paracetamol and disprin but still I have this headache. Also when I start to use my phone after some time the pain increase around my eyes and forehead. Please tell me what to do and what medicine to take, and also tell me if there's anything to worry about.
Hi, have swelling with tissue bulge around black eyeball in the eye. It persists more than an hour and could not see properly .what to do?
I have yellow eyes and full fever and starch pain and full body pains and vomiting with motions. Please tell me what to do?
Hello sir, I am priyanka. I want information from u. I am getting very lazy and not concentrated to studies. My eyes are very dull and not sleeping at night properly and getting dreams very. Sir pls tell me a suggestion.
I had a blunt trauma. On left side of head. So blood clotted around the eye. Results in a black eye. I am into modeling so need to get rid of this asap. Anyone please help me with this issue. Which medicines I should take to remove it fast. Is there any permanent mark? And how much time it takes to heal?
My eyes are allergic to dust. Conjunctivitis like symptoms keep recurring every 2 months. And I think my eyes are dry. Are they related? What can I do other than taking any drugs?
I am 30 years, I have been feeling lethargic and feel low whole day in office, eyes remains red most of the time but no itching and no water comes out. Lifestyle is normal eats khichdi in normal course have light food always. Pl prescribe me.
Myopia is a common refractive error of the eye that makes it difficult to focus on far away objects. People who are nearsighted will see objects close to them clearly, while those further away appear blurry. Myopia is natural. An overall longer shape of the eye usually causes myopia, so it is a naturally occurring visual problem that cannot be prevented. Nearsightedness tends to run in families, but you don't need to have a myopic parent to develop it. Myopia begins at an early age and worsens in the teenage years, but generally stabilizes in adulthood.
Here are the most common signs and symptoms of myopia:
- Objects far away, like a chalkboard or road signs, appear blurry
- Persistent need to squint or close eyelids to see clearly
- Headaches due to eyestrain
- Difficulty seeing while driving a vehicle, especially at night (night myopia)
- Need to sit closer to the television, movie screen or the front of the classroom
- Holding books very close while reading
- Not able to notice distant objects
Causes of Myopia
Nearsightedness happens when your eye is longer than normal, or, less often, when your cornea is too curved. It’s a problem in the focusing mechanism of the eyes. However, the exact cause of myopia is not known. Research about myopia supports two key risk factors:
- Family history. If one or both parents are nearsighted, the chance of their children developing it increases.
- Working up close. Myopia may be helped along by how a person uses their eyes. Intense detail work, long hours in front of a computer or reading can also increase the chances of developing myopia.
Treatment Options for Myopia (Nearsightedness)
When treating myopia, the goal is to help your eyes focus on far away objects. The most common way to achieve this is through
- Corrective glasses
- Contact lenses
- Refractive eye surgery, such as LASIK, is available for adults and those with moderate to high levels of nearsightedness
Adults who have developed cataracts may also have their myopia corrected with an intraocular lens (IOL) that replaces the human lens during cataract surgery. The most appropriate treatment depends on your eyes and your lifestyle. Nearsightedness can also be corrected as part of the cataract surgery procedure.
- Contacts and Glasses: Eyeglasses and contact lenses can correct myopia. However, they cannot stop the eye from growing longer or cure the irregular curve of the cornea that causes your blurry vision.
- Surgery: Surgery can decrease or eliminate dependency on eyeglasses and contact lenses. LASIK surgery is the most common type of surgery to correct myopia.
- ICL (intraocular collamer lenses) or phakic lensesIn adults with cataracts, is an option for those myopic patients who are not suitable for lasik surgery due to either less corneal thickness or very high myopia.
- Orthokeratology: A new type of treatment which offers an alternate solutions to people who are suffering from myopia. This is also known as Ortho-K. As a part of this procedure a person has to wear specialized lens overnight, to correct the vision for the next day. Orthokeratology is a process that uses specially designed GP contact lenses to temporarily reshape the contour of the cornea to reduce myopia (nearsightedness). In addition to the benefit of lens-free daytime vision, orthokeratology is starting to be appreciated for its ability to slow the progression of myopia. A number of published clinical studies have found that orthokeratology lens designs inhibit the growth of the eye's axial length, which determines the degree of myopia.
I am 17 years old and I have to permanently remove my specs. Current number is my specs is 3. Is their amy natural way which may help me permanently remove my specs?
Sir we r from Hyderabad and we r software engineers so mostly in 24 hours we d sitting in front of system doing work from past 3 years and now last one week dass faced so many problems sight of left eye its completely deem and not working properly we r consultant ing some doctors they are do for operation but she me doctors said use some eye drops it will be cleared.
Here are cause and treatments of Age Related Macular Degeneration
Hi, I am Dr, Neha Bharti. I am an eye surgeon and consultant at Bhartia Hospital, New Delhi. I would just like to talk a little bit about Age Related Macular Degeneration.
It’s a very common condition affecting the age old population nowadays, most people over 60 years of age. But then in some cases we even over 50 years of age. In some cases, it affects the elderly so it sort of impairs the quality of life in the age old population. It’s more common in people who are smokers and the number of cigarettes or bidis that you take directly affects the severity of Age Related Macular Degeneration. The important thing about ARMD is that it requires regular investigation such as OCT and Angiography and then it has to be treated optimally in some cases by the intravitreal injection. Multiple intravitreal injections can be required to maintain a good visual outcome for as long as possible.
So, in the end, I would like to summarize that Age Related Macular Degeneration is becoming a very common problem in the age old population nowadays and it requires regular check up and optimum treatment for maintaining good visual outcome for as long as possible. Thank you.