Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rakesh VakilYour feedback matters!
I am consistently having boils in intergluteal cleft, I left it to heal itself but it's been over 2 months still they are persistent. Please kindly advice medical cure for this.
I have large number of hairs on all my body moreover big beard help me in my hair problem and head hairs are becoming white please help.
Hi my pimple and it reduce day by day but I skin is tanned and oily can u please solve this problem please doctor
Ageing is the only inevitable truth. However, it does not mean that it has to be reflected on your body. Skin loses collagen as you grow older and collagen is the element in your skin which keeps your skin tight and firm when you are young. Loss of collagen leads to skin sagging.
The causes behind ageing of skin can be both extrinsic as well as intrinsic. The main classifications of the causes are:
- Biological: This is an intrinsic factor which relies on the genes of the body and hence, it is out of our control. Naturally, with age, the regenerating capabilities of your body gradually lose pace due to the various hormonal changes that occur over time. A healthy lifestyle can go a long way in helping your skin look as young as possible.
- Environmental: Being an extrinsic factor, environmental factors that cause the skin to age can be controlled. Some of these factors, such as pollution, harmful rays of the sun, stress and unfavourable weather conditions are capable of damaging the skin. Sun exposure i.e. exposure to the UV rays of the sun, is deemed to be the primary reason behind skin ageing.
- Mechanical: Repeated behaviour over an extended period of time, such as frowning, squinting, smiling, etc., can cause grooves to be formed on the skin. These grooves may be permanent and hence, contribute to ageing skin.
How do you treat it?
A holistic approach is extremely vital for the treatment as well as control of ageing skin. The quality and features of skin differ among individuals and hence, the needs of the skin will vary too. Due to this reason, depending on the skin types and needs of the person, the skin care routine needs to be specialised and focussed.
To facilitate a specialised approach to ageing skin, a thorough analysis would be conducted by the dermatologists to understand what the skin needs and accordingly, diagnose the causes and symptoms of ageing skin. The diagnosis will allow the dermatologist to estimate the severity of the skin problem. This analysis will help the doctors to determine the adequate approach to address the ageing skin. A combination of services and technologies would be recommended based on the analysis. This combination would incorporate methods such as collagen building (with foods such as berries and dark green veggies), micro derma peels and skin tightening, as well as effective home skin care products which can be used to boost the skin’s beauty. The proposed approach would work to fill wrinkles, boost collagen and tighten sagging skin to make the skin look as natural as possible. If you wish to discuss about any specific skin problem, you can consult a specilized dermatologist and ask a free question.
My mother had breast cancer and her left breast was removed due to this. What are the chances that I may have the same problem. I am 48 years old.
Every women wants soft and glowing skin, which one will never get tired of touching.
Have you ever dreamt of having glowing skin, which is so soft, that your husband never stops telling you how soft it is?
Have you always wanted your friends to compliment on how radiant your skin is?
Well now, your dream will surely come true as given below are some tips to obtain soft and glowing skin naturally.
If you follow these tips properly then you will also have the soft and glowing skin naturally, which you always dreamed to possess.
Some of the tips to acquire smooth, soft and glowing skin naturally are:
- The harsh sun can really make your skin look bad hence, apply sunscreen every time you go out to protect your skin form dust and harsh rays of the sun.
- Make sure that you take a cool shower instead of a hot shower.
- Use less soap. Soap is made up of chemicals instead mix channe ka atta, shikakai powder and kasturi haldi and add some water to make a fine paste out of it. Apply this paste to your body and rinse it off.
- Moisturize your skin daily as your skin needs nourishment.
- Eat healthy and be fit. If you eat healthy green vegetables, fruits and fibers, you will soon have glowing skin. Eat sweet potatoes, broccoli, carrot, mangoes, spinach, and blueberries and dry fruits and nuts.
- Workouts daily, if you tone your muscles, it will make your skin look tighter and well sculpted.
- Sleep well as a good night sleep will help your skin to look fresh.
- Don’t use excess make up. Cosmetics are made up of chemicals instead go for natural products.
- Apply rose water to your skin as it improves your complexion.
- Drink a lot of water as water makes your skin look bright and fresh. Dehydrated skin looks dull.
- Scrub your skin well as it helps to remove dead skin cells and makes your skin look radiant.
- Green tea scrub is a very effective scrub. To prepare a green tea scrub you need green tea leaves, one teaspoon of cream and one teaspoon of sugar. Boil green tea leaves in a spoon full of water and add sugar and cream to it. Mix well, apply, and rinse it off after 10 minutes.
Hence these are some of the tips you have to follow religiously to get smooth and glowing skin naturally. Make sure that you follow them properly.
I am 30 years old, my name is harsha ,now a days my nose skin is getting like black day by day, dono just on nose itself is getting like tat my skin tone is white in colour, dono wat to do.
Colorectal surgery deals with the disorders of the rectum, anus and colon. Another name of colon is ‘large intestine’. These three body parts form the last stages of the digestive process. When the human waste passes through the colon, its salt and water are extracted before it exits the body as human excreta.
- Swelling and inflammation of the veins in the anus (also called as Haemorrhoids)
- Anal fissures- unnatural cracks and fissures in the anal area
- Fistulas or the unnatural connections between the anus and other anorectal areas
- Conditions of constipation
- Incontinence in passing of faeces
- When the walls of the rectum protrude through the anus- also called as Rectal prolapse
- Birth defects such as imperforate anus
- Anal cancer- this condition is rare
- Colorectal cancer- cancer of colon and rectum
- Any injuries to the anus
- Removal of any objects inserted into the anus
Bowel habits after colorectal surgery
Many patients report cases of diarrhoea, leakage of stool or gas, urgency to use the toilet and a feeling of insufficient evacuation of faeces. Relax; these conditions are not going to last forever. Your rectum and anus are adjusting to new conditions after this surgery. These organs may take six to twelve months to adjust to new bowel habits.
Is there a need to take a laxative or stool softener?
There is no need to take laxatives after a colorectal surgery. Drink lots of water to make your stool softer and easy to pass. If there is a water deficiency in your body, then it may lead to your faeces becoming hard. In that case, take milk of magnesium, colace etc.
Activities post surgery
You can continue with your normal schedule after this surgical procedure. Carry on running, jogging, exercising, climbing up the stairs etc. even after your surgery. Gastroenterologists recommend that patients should desist from lifting loads weighing more than 10 pounds so that there are no post surgery complications.
Diet after colorectal surgery
Avoid spicy and heavy to digest meals after your surgery. Once the intestines begin working normally, you can continue having your spicy food. Chew your food well to aid its digestion.
Returning to work after colorectal surgery
Most people are back to their work after taking a break of 2-5 days. If the surgery is pretty detailed, you may have to take a break of up to a month. Patients undergoing laparoscopic surgery may have to take a rest of 2- 4 weeks before they report back to work. Take it easy before slipping into your regular schedule. If working hurts after your surgery, don’t do it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general surgeon.
Mera chehre ka colour down h apne chehre ki khubsurti aur chehre ka nikhar lane ke liye kya kru but kuch aisa bataye ki rupayo ka invest kam ho kyo ki I am poor man.
Hello, I am 25 year old female. Though my complexion is dark but my face is more darker then rest of my body. Please give some suggestion how to equal my skin tone.
Hello sir, My skin got dry in winter and got redness. If I apply cream I got pimples. What should i do?
I have problem of uneven tone face, consultant a dermatologists lots of money waste but all in vain. Now I am using niltan face cream. Doctor called me this is tanning on your face.
Hi I'm male or boys I have seen or heard people drinking lot type of shakes, smoothie, ice cream and lot type of dessert and they look or have fairer, clear and glowing skin how come they go to restaurants or hotels or lime normal cafe shop like McDonald's, star bucks and CCD and all and have or drink all this shakes, smoothies, and all dessert drinks and they look healthy and their face or skin looks fairer, clear, healthy and glowing is that true? Does drinking all this drinks or dessert makes our skin fairer, clear, healthy and glowing please tel me plz.
Sir/madam, I am ritik 16 years old I have skin problem. Some 2 - 3 years I have a glowing, pretty or bright face but now a days I am black and dull in colour and my family members all are glowing and bright face but I am black so I what can I do I have try vicco turmeric wso, lacto calamine, Fair'n handsome but no result is I have see so, what can I do I have also dark circles also.
Hyperpigmentation is the discolouration or increase in the natural colour (pigmentation) of the face. Although it occurs without any symptom, it is of high cosmetic concern and can result in psychological stress. Most of the causes of hyperpigmentation are attributed to exposure to the sun’s harmful uv rays and the hormonal and other bodily changes one undergoes at the time of pregnancy.
A number of other factors which lead to hyperpigmentation, either in patches or in entirety, include ageing, hormonal changes, pollution and in some cases, genetic factors.
Some easy skin care methods for hyperpigmentation are as follows:
Aloe vera gel: fresh aloe vera gel is popularly recommended for the treatment and reduction of patches of hyperpigmentation. Overnight use helps lighten the intensity of the spots. Pure, unadulterated aloe vera is readily available from the chemist.
Lemon juice: being a natural bleaching agent, lemon juice is known to lighten the skin without any side effects. The lemon juice is extracted into a bowl and cotton balls are used to soak the juice and then applied on the patchy areas, after which it is washed with cold water.
Milk: milk contains an acid called lactic acid which can be used to improve hyperpigmentation. Raw milk should be applied directly to the affected area and the results would be visible after few weeks.
Honey: application of honey on the darkened patch for around 20 minutes, 4 days a week can produce visible lightening of the darkened skin patches.
Yogurt: yogurt works perfectly for patchy skin caused due to environmental factors. It is capable of reducing age spots too. It can also be applied on the skin in combination with tomatoes.
Vitamin-e oil: vitamin e is a highly beneficial nutrient for the skin. The affected area should be massaged with oil of vitamin e which would help in the circulation of blood, thereby resulting in better looking skin.
How is hyperpigmentation treated at dermatologist clinic?
The dark patches are quite stubborn, and regular treatment under dermatologist is recommended. The treatment options can be divided into:
Topical creams: there is a range of cost-effective yet stronger creams available under prescription like skin-lightening medicines, antioxidants, hydroxy acids, retinoids, and steroids.
Oral medications: besides topical medication, certain oral medications like tranexamic acid are also under trial. Iron and vitamin supplements are prescribed if needed.
Chemical peels: biweekly peels under dermatologist supervision are recommended in recalcitrant cases. Peels help by exfoliating the pigment-containing cells in the epidermis and also help in rejuvenating your skin. There are hundreds of peels available today. Your dermatologist will decide which is best for your skin type.
Lasers: they can be used for resistant dark patches. However, the results are still under scrutiny.
All said and done! the bottom line is that dark patches might not fade away completely or recur even with the best of treatments unless sun protection is practised as prescribed by your dermatologist.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.