Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rakesh Mahajan
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. Rakesh MahajanYour feedback matters!
Sir from last 5 days I am doing workout. I an using dumbbell, bar bell with weight 4,6,8 kg respectively. From two days I my feeling pain in my hand joints .like I am feeling pain in my wrist when I make my hand straight. So can I continue my workout with this pain?
My mom is around 50 and my mom has leg pain as well as headache almost every time. Suggest something to prevent it.
I have pain in my foot due to which I can't walk properly. It is happening since a few hours. What should I do?
I am suffering from back pain which is affected on e4 bone and I feel stressed during night sleep and please suggest me any natural remedies like yoga.
My wife is having left leg knee pain since last two months, x-ray taken but there is no problem found. What is the reason behind it?
My hand pain because I am playing cricket and finish game than my hand pain. I am playing daily and this my daily pain.
Today’s lifestyle and food habits have led to obesity becoming a widespread problem across the globe. Obesity means being overweight which invites a host of other disorders that increase morbidity and mortality rates and reduces the quality of life. Obesity can cause a person to feel less confident and be less healthy as it aggravates issues like high blood pressure, diabetes, thyroid disorders, arthritis, muscle pain, fatigue and loss of flexibility.
Why is physiotherapy a safe technique for slimming and achieving the optimum body weight?
There are a lot of ways by which one can undergo weight loss. But it is important to note that many of these include intake of harmful medicines and crash dieting to bring about rapid weight loss which may not be sustained and can even cause irreversible damage to the body. Physiotherapy involves exercising and burning the excess fat accumulated in specific body parts to tone the body and make it look slimmer and healthier. As this method does not involve taking medicines to curb hunger or reduce enzyme production, it does not harm the body.
How can physiotherapy be used in slimming?
There are several ways in which physiotherapy helps in slimming and shedding the extra kilos-
- Physiotherapy is based on the premise that exercise and movement are the key to weight management.
- Physiotherapy recognises the barriers to activity and movement of a person and then deals with these problems first to lead to effective weight loss.
- It also aims to manage associated problems like arthritis, back pain and stiffness through exercise to increase the movement of an individual which will automatically lead to greater physical activity which will help in maintaining weight loss.
- Physiotherapists prescribe appropriate physical activity to tone muscles, increase muscle strength, burn calories and increase endurance based on the physical state and requirement of an individual.
- In a lot of persons, obesity is more a mental state than physical. Physiotherapy is the most appropriate in such cases as the physiotherapist considers individual requirements and then prescribes the most appropriate movement and exercise for slimming and weight loss.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!