Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. Rakesh MahajanYour feedback matters!
I have persisitent pain in shoulder blades. Inspite of different exercises and health supplements no advantage. Please help.
I am a 36 old male. I am getting a constant pain in my back and abdominal area. Doctors are saying it's because of stone. Tho I had stone in the past. But when I went for altra sound there was no stone in my kidney. Then I went for ivp x ray. There too nothing turned up. Please tell what problem I have and what's it cure.
Are you suffering from arthritis and looking for effective treatment options? Arthritis is a chronic, systematic inflammatory disease that causes damage to your joints and connective tissues. The knee is primarily affected by this condition and there are three main forms of arthritis which occur in your knees. There are several treatment options and procedures for treating arthritis. They are as follows:
Several medications are used for arthritis treatment. They are:
- Analgesics: These medicines help in pain reduction but do not heal inflammation.
- NSAIDS: NSAIDS or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are used for reducing inflammation and pain as a result of arthritis.
- Counter-irritants: These include creams and ointments containing capsaicin or menthol. Applying these creams on the skin helps with pain relief.
- DMARDS: Disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs are used in case of rheumatoid arthritis. These help in slowing down your immune system from targeting your joints.
- Corticosteroids: This form of medicine includes cortisone and prednisone and helps in reducing inflammation and suppressing your immune system. These can be injected into your joint or taken orally.
Physical therapy is beneficial for certain types of arthritis. Exercising helps in improving your range of motion, and the strength of your muscles which surrounds the affected joint. Splints and braces are prescribed in some cases.
When all other treatment measures fail, a surgery may be required to be carried out.
- Joint repair: In some cases, the surface of your joints can be realigned and smoothened in order to improve function and eliminate pain. These surgeries are arthroscopically performed via incisions made on the joint.
- Joint replacement: During this surgery, your damaged joint gets removed and replaced with an artificial joint. The hip and knee joints are commonly replaced surgically.
- Joint fusion: This surgical procedure is used in case of smaller joints of your body. The ends of the two bones in your joint are removed and the removed ends are locked together till they heal into one unit.
Alternative treatment options
You can also opt for certain alternative remedies for arthritis. Some of them are as follows:
- Acupuncture: In this therapy, fine needles are inserted at certain points on your skin for reducing arthritis pain.
- Yoga and tai chi: The movements associated with yoga and tai chi are slow and stretching in nature. These help in improving joint flexibility. Your range of motion gets improved as well.
Light massages which involve stroking and kneading of your muscles help in increasing blood flow. This warms up the affected joints, providing temporary relief from arthritis pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.
I am suffering from a heavy pain since last monday in my legs muscle. And it is difficult to walk sometimes also.
My right foot got twisted and pressed with my weight after a fall from height. Before it healed, left foot ligament ruptured. As such the weight load shifted from one leg to another. The left foot has healed up and the previous pain of right foot has come back in 3 joint location -beneath toe (often swelling occur as bone is increasing)- front of foot.
I am 40 years old and suffer pain in my right side shoulder and right side back of waist since 5 months.
One of the most common ailments the elderly suffer from is arthritis. However, arthritis can affect people of all ages. It is a rheumatic disease as in, it affects joints and bones. It can be of many types and the term covers a number of inflammatory and non-inflammatory joint diseases. Some of the most well-known types of arthritis are rheumatoid arthritis, bone spurs, gout, and osteoarthritis.
The causes of arthritis have not been defined but there are a number of factors that increase a person's chances of getting it. Foremost amongst these is increasing age and excess weight. Arthritic conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, and lupus are said to be hereditary and linked to certain genes. Sometimes, injuries can also cause arthritic conditions. Misuse of steroids can also result in arthritis.
Here is a look at the most common symptoms of the disease :-
- Pain around the joints is the most well-known symptom of arthritis. Along with pain, you may also notice swollen or stiff joints.
- Increased body temperature around the affected joints and redness in the area is also a symptom of arthritis. These symptoms range from mild to severe, and can be constant or may come and go.
- Everybody suffers from occasional joint pains but if any of the above symptoms persist for a long duration, it is best to consult a doctor. The sooner you seek treatment, the easier it becomes to deal with arthritis. If left untreated for too long, arthritis can result in permanent joint damage.
While there is no single cure for arthritis, it can be effectively controlled if treated in time. Since the type and severity of arthritis differ from person to person, treatment for the same must also be tailored to the needs of the individual.
- Drugs for arthritis can be categorized as those that treat symptoms such as pain and stiffness, and those that suppress inflammatory conditions.
- In some cases, surgery may be advisable.
- Physical therapy and regular exercise are very important when dealing with arthritis.
- It is equally important to eat a healthy, nutritious and well-balanced diet. If you are overweight, try and lose the excess kilos.
- You must also look after your joints to ensure that there is no further degradation of bone or muscle tissue. Avoid staying in one position for a long time, and try and maintain a good posture.
These simple techniques can be very effective when dealing with all types of arthritis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pain Management Specialist.