Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Rakesh KapurYour feedback matters!
Mornings I feel my both eyes gets blurred. Is it the cause for cataract? And my vision so far is good. I don't use spectacles. So pls guide me what to do.
I am 19 years and have myopia disorder with numbers -5 and -5.5 now. Can this be reduced by laser treatment? Or is that treatment safe?
I drink alcohol from last five year regularly but from las two month when I drink alcohol I feel like sick my eyes turn red & my breathing so fast what is solution on it because I drink alcohol.
sometime my eyes treated pain How to remove this problems please tail what to Do? And I don't read book with consentresuo. Please tail what to Do?
I have a eye sight problem. What should I do to overcome on it. Plzz tell me any type of medicine if you want to say.
Hi, I am suffering from retinal hemoraghes problem since 2007. I have undergone many lasers in both eyes including the intake of heavy dose of steroids. Now the situation is like some sort of vitreous is there like cobwebs floating 24*7 which is bothering me in both eyes. I want to know, Is there any other treatment to get rid of this like surgery or this vitreous is not removable at all. If surgery is the option, what are the risk involved in it?
I have eyes problem. My eyes are become radish. Itches also coming and drops of water coming out what I do?
I have a desk job since last 10 year. My eyes is too weak, currently my lens power is 2.15 but seem it has been increased. Please help me.
When I am using my gadgets like mobile and my lappy, my eyes starts burning and feeling tired why so?
Hello Dr. After 6 month I am feeling pain in my neak. I am worked in computer a long time. I am not used pillow after pain in my neak what can I do I am filling very uncumfateble. Pls Dr. help me.
Hello sir I have a eye problem my eye become weak since sixth clas what should I do now for get rid of from this problem please suggest me for this situation.
I am 24 year old and my one eye pupil got damaged 6 years before when it got hitted by cricket ball and still the condition is same. I can see things comfortably but when I sit in a theater I see the differences. How will I get cured please do suggest.
Implantable columnar lenses best for eye or specs please suggest me because I am suffering from very low vision.
If you thought smoking was causing damage to only your lungs, thing again. Your eyesight, one of your most valuable possessions, is at high risk of damage because of your bad habit.
The damage done to your eyes by cigarettes happens from two sources; the toxic smoke that hangs in the air which surrounds you as you puff on the cigarettes and 4000 odd toxic substances that enter your bloodstream once you smoke. In extreme cases, smoking also causes loss in vision.
Here is a list of eye disorders and diseases, which can be caused due to smoking:
- Macular degeneration: The risk of developing Age-related Macular Degeneration is there for people above the age of fifty. In case of smokers, the chance of developing AMD is three times more than in nonsmokers. It has been proven that smokers develop the chance of AMD ten years prior to non smokers.
- Cataract: This process involves the clouding of the lens inside the eye. Cataract develops with old age, usually. The risk of developing early cataract is common among smokers, who are twice at risk of cataract than non smokers. The effect of the cataract in the case of smokers is more severe.
- Glaucoma: Glaucoma is the eye disorder where the death of nerve fiber layer behind our eyes takes place, and that results in loss of vision. The increase in pressure within the eyes leads to glaucoma. Smoking enhances the pressure in your eyes, and so smokers are at a potential risk of acquiring this disease.
- Diabetic eye diseases: A number of eye diseases are accompanied with diabetes. This can result in blindness when left ignored or not paid attention to in severe cases. Diabetic patients who are smokers are three times more at a risk of eye diseases associated with diabetes.
- Optic neuropathy: This eye disease causes sudden loss of vision to the eyes without any pain. It happens due to the disrupted flow of blood in the arteries of the eyes. Smokers are 16 times more at a risk of developing optic neuropathy at an earlier age.
- Thyroid associated eye diseases: Patients having thyroid issues or Grave's disease have disorders in their vision. Grave's disease patients who smoke tobacco are likely to develop severe eye diseases associated with the thyroid.
- Dry eye: Smoking causes irritation to the eyes and affects the tear film of the eye. Smokers and passive smokers are likely to develop dry eye disorders. Smoking causes a lot of eye diseases and disorders, and smokers are at a higher risk of acquiring eye diseases than non smokers.
आंखो के आस पास की त्वचा बेहद नरम और मुलायम होती है। जिस वजह से बहुत ही जल्दी यहां त्वचा ढीली होने लगती है। इस बात का इंसान को तब पता चलता है जब वह हंसता है और उसके आंखों के आस पास की त्वचा में झुर्रियां दिखने लगती है। और इंसान को लगता है कि वह बूढ़ा हो रहा है। लेकिन आयुर्वेद में आंखों के नीचे और आस पास की त्वचा को टाइट करने के अनोखे हेल्थ टिप्स मौजूद हैं। जिन्हें आप इस्तेमाल कर सकते हो।
आयुर्वेद में खीरे के प्रयोग के बारे में बताया गया है। यह त्वचा को टाइट करने का काम करता है। आप सुबह उठकर खीरे की मसाज चेहरे पर करें।
1 चम्मच एलोवेरा के रस को सुबह-शाम दो बार चेहरे पर, नहाने के बाद और सोने से पहले लगाएं। यह आपकी त्वचा को टाईट करेगा।
पके हुए केले को मसल लें और इसमें गुलाब जल डालें। इसे आंखों के आस पास लगाएं। और आधे घंटे के बाद गुनगुने पानी से चेहरे को धो लें
आलू के रस को आँखों के नीचे हलके हाथ से मसाज करने से काले घेरे दूर होते हैं।
एैसे बनाएं प्राकृतिक पेस्ट
1 चम्मच बेसन, 1 चम्मच शहद, 1 चम्मच दूध आधा चम्मच सरसों का तेल को मिलाकर पेस्ट बना लें और इस पेसट को लगाकर 15 मिनट के लिए छोड दें। बाद में इसे गुनगुने पानी से धो लें। सप्ताह में 2 बार इस उबटन का प्रयोग करें। यह आखों की नीचे और आस पास की त्वचा को टाइट करता है।
अन्य आयुवेर्दिक उपाय
आंखों के नीचे बादाम के तेल से मालिश करने से चेहरे से झुर्रियां कम हो जाती हैं। टमाटर को काटकर उसके टुकड़ों को मुंह पर मलते रहने से चेहरे से काले धब्बे निकल जाते हैं। चाय और कॉफी की जगह आप ग्रीन टी का इस्तेमाल करें। अंडे के प्रयोग से भी आंख के पास की जगह टाइट की जा सकती है अंडे में मौजूद सफेद भाग को चेहरे और गर्दन पर लगाएं। चेहरे की मसाज करें इससे चेहरे पर खून का प्रभाव तेज होता है। बेकिंग सोडा से स्क्रब भी किया जा सकता है।
क्या न करें
टेंशन की वजह से आंखों के आस-पास झुर्रियां भी बढ़ने लगती हैं और बाल तक झड़ने लगते हैं इसलिए बेवजह की टेंशन से बचें। अधिक देर तक टी वी और कंप्यूटर पर कार्य न करें।
With technology at your fingertips, it is hard to think of times when the existence of laptops and television sets was unimaginable. Technology is common enough to be taken for granted in present times. TV and laptops are especially in widespread use. The primary reason could be entertainment, an urge to connect to the larger world, or the need to kill time. Such dependability leads to severe health hazards. Read on to find out more:
Effects of TV and laptops on your health:
- Sleep deprivation: Long hours of exposure to artificial light can lead to sleep deprivation.
- It can also lead to serious vision problems: Watching TV or using laptops for long hours can make your eyes vulnerable to constant glare. You fail to realize, but changing lights of a computer screen or of a television set in a dark room can be extremely strenuous for your eyes to adjust. Constantly changing lights can lead to glaucoma. However, dry and itchy eyes, headaches and poor vision are the commonly noticed effects.
- It causes obesity in children and adults: Since all your work can be done on the internet, you tend to become lethargic. You are too lazy to go to the market or to the bank. Even if you are not watching you use the television for background music. Adults therefore do not make qualitative use of their free time. Children are addicted to playing games and browsing sites on the laptop. They hardly indulge in outdoor games. This leads to obesity in adults and children all the same.
- Propels your desire to eat fast food or packaged food: Binge eating is a very common practice while watching TV or using laptops. Chips, pizzas, burgers, ice- creams, cold drinks and absolutely anything junk devoid of nutritional value are more liked by us. Junk food not only leads to weight gain but is also detrimental to our digestive system.
- Can increase the risk of infertility in men: Laptops heat up when used for a long span of time. This heat can increase scrotum temperature which results in reduced sperm production, leading to infertility.
As is said, nothing in excess is good for your health. It is therefore, best to make controlled use of TV and laptops to avoid its harmful effects.