Lybrate.com has top trusted Anesthesiologists from across India. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Submit a review for Dr. Rakesh K. KantoorYour feedback matters!
I am 38 yrs old, I am facing backpain problem and I also want know which type of nutrition needed to improve my muscle strength.
(cervical spine degenerative changes with mild pivd at c4-5 and c5-6 levels causing secondary canal stenosis and compression of exiting nerve roots.) this is dangerous or normal?
How can I get relief from back pain? It occurs while I am sitting on the chair, the pain was very fast?
Hye my mom have a lot of pain on hip and go on a full leg, pain start only walk time, she take pain killer and than relief and after some time pain again start.
My mother is 56 year old she is diabetic patient but 30 days ago her right thigh pain, numbness, tingling and feeling less leg.
I have lost 20 lbs. But I am afraid that I will gain it back like I always do. Is there anything I can do to help keep this weight off for good? I am always tired. Why is this, and what can I do to change it?
I'm a 23 year old. I have oily skin and acne problem since last few years. It keeps coming back. What should I do?
I am 23 years old and I'm having pain in my joints. It becomes difficult for me to turn even, when I'm sleeping. What should I do to be healthy?
I am looking forward to hearing back from you and your friends and colleagues to the right thing to remember the name suggests a good idea of the day..
I have a lot of pain on my lower back bone I have got checked up and had some medicine but they r nt working .
Hello, I am 31 years male, wanting cure for muscle or nerves or bones paining, for about last one year. What do I do?
I am 24 yrs old girl unmarried my backbone still hurts because of an injury happens 4 yrs ago i. E compressed fracture in l2 what precaution or exercise or whatever I should do? plzz suggest!
I am 20 years old college going girl. I went through tuberculosis treatment in 2013-14 due to which I suffered from severe hair loss and joint pain. Now I am free from joint pain but my hair problem is still alive. I have been taking treatment for hair loss since then. And I am using Minoxidil Topical Solution USP 5% for last 6 months and Scalp shampoo for last 3 years. Although there is slight reduction in my hair fall but I don't see growth of any new hairs over my head and my Doctor says that I can't use any other oil or serum to treat hair fall. Is that so? I want to regrow my hairs. Please help.
I am a 28 years old male. I have neck pain since 7 years. I do not use a pillow while sleeping but thw pain will not go. please advice.
Are you experiencing pain in your feet? Are you having difficulty with mobility because of it? Feet pain is a very common form of pain affecting people of different age groups. This type of pain may occur anywhere in the foot such as the heel, toe, sole, arch or ankle. Several factors like old age, wearing defective shoe, certain fractures, mineral deficiency, diabetes and other conditions lead to feet pain.
Here are some tips you should follow to get the feet pain under control:
- Hot and cold water therapy: Hot and cold water therapy is quite effective in treating feet pain. The hot water treatment promotes blood flow while the cold water treatment reduces inflammation. Fill a bucket with cold water and another one with hot water. Dip your feet in hot water for three minutes and then dip it in cold water. Repeat this process three to four times and end with a cold water dip. You can also opt for a heat pad and ice pack, to be used alternately.
- Epsom salt: Epsom salt soothes the feet and gives instant relief from several types of feet pain. Epsom salt is made of magnesium and helps in relaxing the feet by reducing pain. Add three spoons of Epsom salt in a warm water tub and soak your feet in it for at least 20 minutes.
- Ice: Ice therapy is very effective in reducing pain and swelling in the feet. Add crushed ice in a plastic bag and massage the affected area of your feet with it in a circular motion. A bag of frozen vegetables in a plastic bag can be used as well. The cold temperature numbs the nerve endings in the affected area, thereby giving relief. Swelling is also reduced because of this.
- Footwear modifications: Footwear modifications make a huge difference in the pain. You may need custom made footwear or sometimes ready made insoles. Regular stretches of the foot and calf muscles are also helpful.
Feet pain can also be treated by medications of several types prescribed by a doctor. However, the natural remedies are quite effective as they do not cause any side effect or extra risk to the body. Consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
SITTING FOR PROLONGED PERIODS
- Most people sitting for prolonged periods will eventually adopt a poor posture. 'When we sit in a certain position for a few minutes,the muscles that support our low back become tired and relax. Our body sags, and this results in the slouched sitting posture.
- If we maintain a slouched sitting posture for long enough, it will cause overstretching of ligaments. Thus pain will arise when we have been sitting in certain positions for prolonged periods. Once the slouched sitting posture has become a habit and is maintained most of the time, it may also cause distortion of the discs contained in the vertebral joints. Once this occurs, movements as well as positions will produce pain.
- It follows that people with sedentary office jobs easily develop low back problems as they often sit with a rounded back for hours on end. If you are a sedentary worker, you may go through the following stages of gradually increasing back problems unless you take steps to rectify the cause. At first you may only experience some discomfort in the low back while sitting for a prolonged period of time, or on arising from sitting. In this case the pain is caused by overstretching of soft tissues, and it takes a few seconds for these tissues to recover. The pain at this stage is short lived.
- At a later stage you will find that on standing up you have increased pain, and must walk carefully for a short distance before you can straighten up fully. Now it is likely that some distortion has occurred in one of the lumbar discs: prolonged sitting has led to minor distortion of the affected disc, which needs a few minutes to recover.
- Eventually you may reach the stage when you frequently experience acute or agonising pain on standing and are unable to straighten up at all. In this case there is a major distortion in the affected disc, which cannot regain its normal shape quickly enough to allow pain free movement. Whenever a movement is attempted, the disc bulge increases the strain on the already overstretched surrounding tissues. In addition, the disc bulge may pinch the sciatic nerve,which may lead to pain and other symptoms in the leg.