Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Audiologists in India. You will find Audiologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Audiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Mr. Rajpal Srivastav
Submit a review for Mr. Rajpal SrivastavYour feedback matters!
Good morning, I am doctor Khatri I will tell about hearing loss.
So the hearing loss is a very common problem which occurs with the ageing process and it can occur because of persistent and prolonged noise exposure. It's a difficult problem which happens throughout the world and it can be of two types - conductive and sensorineural hearing loss. Hearing is very important for the life because if there is a hearing loss then we don't enjoy discussions, talking and especially music and other environmental sounds.
So there are two types of losses conductive hearing loss - the conductive hearing loss is because of diseases in the external and middle ear because of repairment in the conduction of the sounds. External ear and middle ear which contains small bones which are as far as more conductive of the sound to the inner ear.
Common causes for sensorineural hearing loss is post viral process which is involved in the inner ear the reason being due to prolonged exposure to the noise for long duration and there is a congenital in an inner ear that auto slow system which involves the nerves inner ear. Then there can be minute diseases to most of the inner ear are driven, the inner ear bones it can be because of trauma and injury which involves a texture of the ear bones and then it can be because of understanding worm formation.
The treatment for the hearing loss is depending on the cause we treat - the cause like infection is there then we give antibiotic and ear drops, wax can be removed then malformation in the ear trunk that can be replaced by an operation. Then in the other diseases like minute diseases are also treated with medical on the auto slow system which is treated by the century and that could be use of hearing track, it also moderates to severe hearing loss.
The hearing, that is used to specify the sound and especially is able to hear. Then there can be surgical treatments involving whatever the cause of the diseases is here, so the prevention is more important than cure . So always we have to take preventive steps like exposure to the loud noise should not go longer duration, ear phones which are normally nowadays teenage children are using , which should not be used for higher volume with long time duration . Any medicine can cause hearing loss and that should be avoided .
If there is a hearing loss and then there are certain operations if there is a profound or a lot hearing loss, total hearing loss and there is a surgery called Choclear Implant surgery, that can be done. Thank you.
Please suggest. Right ear is profound hearing loss .any treatment in homeopathy, allopathy.and ayurvedic. Sensorineural hearing loss.
I am a 1st year medical student and I have been diagnosed with sensorineural hearing loss. So I was afraid if I will be able to continue my journey as a medical student or I need to change my career. Im confused I do not know what to do. And those hearing aids provides me no help. I have bilateral hearing loss left ear with 50% and right ear 30% damaged.
I have mild to moderate sn hearing loss .what should I do so that it cannot develop further? Can I watch tv? If can at what volume? I am only 19. I don't want it to progress further. please suggest something what should I do so that it can't progress further?
Hi Sir, My wife lost hearing power of one ear while in kitchen. there was sudden blockage as in tafe off of aeroplane and then the hearing was ZERO in one year. 2 Years of treatment no result. Hearing aid of no use. Aged 76 yrs.
He is addicted to drugs and not listening to anyone we have to tie him to not to go anywhere. Please guide us.
I am 25 year old male. I am profound moderate hearing loss. All ENT Results Are Say Use Hearing Aid. But Disable Going Increase day by day. Unable to speak in mobile not hearing proper words. I want solution to cure any medicine or surgery. Last 5 years affected in deaf in both ear.
Hearing is one of the five senses that you or anyone else relies on for communication and a whole host of other things. Among the five senses, touch, smell, taste, hearing and sight, it is often hearing, which is the most easily affected. You don't have to be a senior citizen to experience hearing loss as it is quite common among younger people as well. This problem is also getting widespread with each passing day.
Before coping with hearing loss, the first job is to detect it:
If you have a hunch that you or any of your loved ones is suffering from hearing loss, it is important that you get it diagnosed. Some of the common symptoms of hearing loss will be:
- Hearing difficulties while talking to someone over the phone
- Straining to hear conversations with family members or friends in household situations
- People usually need to repeat what they talk to you with a louder voice
- You often hear complaints that you keep the TV too loud.
- In crowded situations, such as family gatherings or a restaurant, you have problems listening to people.
Although this condition tends to affect senior citizens, an increasing trend shows younger people i.e. people mostly in their 40 and 50s and even younger than that suffer from this condition.
How to deal with hearing loss?
Some of the options to deal with hearing loss are mentioned below.
- Once diagnosed with hearing problems, change your ways of communication: If you or your loved ones have been diagnosed with hearing problems, it is important that both adjust your ways to deal with the problem. Rather than getting angry at the other for not being able to communicate effectively, develop and strategize ways to make communication less problematic and erratic.
- Cochlear implants: This is a newer technology, which has gained popularity in the past decade or so. These are directly implanted into the inner ear and are designed to bypass the damaged areas of the ear and directly stimulate the auditory nerve. These have become very popular, although, are not a replacement of natural hearing. It is only prescribed for people who have severe hearing loss or are deaf.
- Hearing aids: Although selecting a hearing aid is difficult as the patient needs to be comfortable, once selected it is one of the best solutions for the hearing impaired. The functionality of these devices can be extended with the hearing assistive technology or HAT devices that can focus the audio waves depending on the situations and give a more tailored approach for every individual's needs. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Ent specialist.